Visit site
✟64,422.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
CHRIST IS RISEN! (its sad that its the last day for that)

back in April I went down to the Hogar Rafael Ayau orphanage in Guatemala which is owned by the Antiochian Church and run by Orthodox nuns, and it was without a doubt the best week of my life! Everyone down there is a saint basically. The orphanage has daily church, and although the kids dont have to go they choose to -- and they sing the whole time. They also have a great school, playground areas, a pool, a gym, arts and crafts, etc etc -- they provide everything young children could need.

Unfortunately the orphanage is currently right in Guatemala City which is a veeery dangerous place, so they have begun construction of a new orphanage out in the countryside at a very beautiful, and safe, location. To help this project the Hogar is asking all of the missionaries they have had over the years to raise $1000 each, so I am asking ya'll for help! If anyone would like to contribute anything at all that would be greatly appreciated. You can PM me to get the address and what not. Thank you all so much!

www.hogarafaelayau.org
here's pictures from my trip: http://www.orthodoxsoldier.myphotoalbum.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.