Maryland
✟9,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I joined a few days ago looking for a good Christian site to check out.
I was born into a Christian family and was Christian (nondenom.) my whole life, so I'm very familiar with the faith. I attended church when I was a young child but by the time I became a teen and onward I had many ostracizing experiences within church/Christian groups so I preferred to be a loner and became very hesitant to acquaint myself with people in general.

What made me try joining here was the mirth and sense of belonging I felt when I (very briefly) interacted within an MBTI forum of all things. I felt understood being amongst like-minded people, but then I thought "shouldn't I feel this way among other Christians?"
Several months ago I joined a discord group for Christians for a similar reason but felt out of place and left, so I'm trying a forum instead.

I'm not disclosing a name yet since I'm not entirely sure if I'll stick around, but thanks for taking the time to read.

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was born into a Christian family and was Christian (nondenom.) my whole life, so I'm very familiar with the faith. I attended church when I was a young child but by the time I became a teen and onward I had many ostracizing experiences within church/Christian groups so I preferred to be a loner and became very hesitant to acquaint myself with people in general.

What made me try joining here was the mirth and sense of belonging I felt when I (very briefly) interacted within an MBTI forum of all things. I felt understood being amongst like-minded people, but then I thought "shouldn't I feel this way among other Christians?"
Several months ago I joined a discord group for Christians for a similar reason but felt out of place and left, so I'm trying a forum instead.

I'm not disclosing a name yet since I'm not entirely sure if I'll stick around, but thanks for taking the time to read.
Feeling ostracized huh? To what degree? Many believe it or not feel the same way in general. Most are social introverts to a certain extent, so it is only natural to feel a certain amount of what you are experiencing.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Welcome!

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,727.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

hello_friend.gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WindowsXP_98

Jan 31, 2023
Maryland
✟9,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Feeling ostracized huh? To what degree? Many believe it or not feel the same way in general. Most are social introverts to a certain extent, so it is only natural to feel a certain amount of what you are experiencing.
That's interesting. To clarify a bit, I grew up in charismatic black churches, where the more excitable and loud you are, the more spiritual you would appear. I'm more on the reserved and emotionless side, so I feel pressured and out of place, especially in smaller churches. I also consider praise and worship very intimate, between me and God in private, so it's very hard for me to participate in it around other people I rarely know. I've been accused of being prideful for being uncomfortable.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0

WindowsXP_98

Jan 31, 2023
Maryland
✟9,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Very interesting profile name :p

Welcome and hope you decide to stick around!
I'm very bad with usernames :laughing: I'll probably change to something more familiar once I'm comfortable.

Thanks! :blush:

Reactions: look4hope
Upvote 0

WindowsXP_98

Jan 31, 2023
Maryland
✟9,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Welcome! I hope Windows XP 98 doesn't hinder you. :wave:
Thank you!
I'm not currently using a Windows XP if that's what you mean. It was the first computer I ever owned.
I have a Windows 10 right now :laughing:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi Windows;
welcome to CF; May the Lord Jesus guide you here as well as in the world; and may you find friends and what ever you need from the Lord here.

I do have a question for you; do you like music--Praise & Worship music?

I have found; in times of trouble; like we have with this CV-19; that listening to; and singing along to good Christian P&W music; can bring us closer to Jesus and His wonderful peace.

Well we have a new forum here at CF just for P&W music and at the top is a directory of other Christian music threads around CF; come and take a look!:wave:

Praise and Worship Music

images

To The

upload_2016-11-18_15-19-26.jpeg

Reactions: WindowsXP_98
Upvote 0

WindowsXP_98

Jan 31, 2023
Maryland
✟9,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi Windows;
welcome to CF; May the Lord Jesus guide you here as well as in the world; and may you find friends and what ever you need from the Lord here.

I do have a question for you; do you like music--Praise & Worship music?

I have found; in times of trouble; like we have with this CV-19; that listening to; and singing along to good Christian P&W music; can bring us closer to Jesus and His wonderful peace.

Well we have a new forum here at CF just for P&W music and at the top is a directory of other Christian music threads around CF; come and take a look!:wave:

Praise and Worship Music

images

To The

upload_2016-11-18_15-19-26.jpeg
Thank you!
Yes, I do listen to Praise and Worship music every once in a while. The majority of it is (black) gospel music and I'm currently looking to broaden my playlist a bit. :blush:

Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0