Yakima
✟8,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hellp everyone. I'm a new believer. I went to church a few times and a child but never really believed as I got older I explored paganism buddhism and hinduism and attended a few different Christian churches but I was just seeking companionship not God (I'm on the autistic spectrum and have a difficult time communicating and figuring out what to say to make friends) About 8 years ago I stopped believing in God altogether. But studies of other things helped change my thinking and in late March I accepted Jesus. There are a few of the more controversial issues that I still don't hold a traditional view on but I am studying on these things and am not opposed to change if the Lord leads me to change those thinking. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you and finding ways to grow in my faith.

Skittles

Apr 4, 2019
Southeast
✟45,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hellp everyone. I'm a new believer. I went to church a few times and a child but never really believed as I got older I explored paganism buddhism and hinduism and attended a few different Christian churches but I was just seeking companionship not God (I'm on the autistic spectrum and have a difficult time communicating and figuring out what to say to make friends) About 8 years ago I stopped believing in God altogether. But studies of other things helped change my thinking and in late March I accepted Jesus. There are a few of the more controversial issues that I still don't hold a traditional view on but I am studying on these things and am not opposed to change if the Lord leads me to change those thinking. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you and finding ways to grow in my faith.
Welcome! Let us know if we can be of assistance

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello and welcome to CF. :)

I pray you are blessed by being here. Certainly whatever you wish to discuss, I'm sure there are members willing to participate with you. I hope you find whatever answers you need, and fellowship as well.

God be with you!

Upvote 0

reaThua9

Jun 25, 2019
Clonakilty
✟16,809.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello and welcome! It's so good to hear that your search led you to Christ, and that you're continuing to study and search as you learn. My number one recommendation is always to go straight to the Bible. After that, another favorite book of mine is My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers. Try to find the version with updated language, this book has been a great source of challenge and growth for me in my walk with the Lord. God bless you as you begin this journey!

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0