✟15,432.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi.
I'm a 16 year old looking for some help with my faith. I've gone to a private Christian school since I was in kindergarten all the way to grade 8. I definitely asked Jesus into my heart when I was really little, but I feel like I didn't really believe. I went to a public high school and I drifted from God. It wasn't until a big event happened in my life where I turned to God and I grew closer to Him. However during the past couple of months I've found myself drifting and I hate it. I want a relationship with God so bad. I feel like I'm going to Hell, and that the only reason I believe in the first place is that I don't go to Hell.

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi.
I'm a 16 year old looking for some help with my faith. I've gone to a private Christian school since I was in kindergarten all the way to grade 8. I definitely asked Jesus into my heart when I was really little, but I feel like I didn't really believe. I went to a public high school and I drifted from God. It wasn't until a big event happened in my life where I turned to God and I grew closer to Him. However during the past couple of months I've found myself drifting and I hate it. I want a relationship with God so bad. I feel like I'm going to Hell, and that the only reason I believe in the first place is that I don't go to Hell.

Welcome!
Have you had this conversation with your parents and or with your minister about
the matter?

Upvote 0

John Bowen

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2018
dueba
✟48,940.00
Country
Fiji
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus Christ is our direct teacher and through him you can experience the Creator . You can read Jesus words and internalize them .You can go within your self and connect to him through your heart .Where he told us the kingdom of God was Luke 17 :21. But if you want to do this you have to out of love not fear or you wont connect to the real Jesus . Don't be hard on yourself we live on a very dark world where people can get sidetracked all the time I do. . When I get off track I just adjust my course back to God with Jesus standing behind me as my pilot .

Upvote 0

WESTOZZIE

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
WA
Visit site
✟54,255.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Cricketts,
ask your heavenly Father to speak to you through His Word--the Scriptures. Sit daily with Him in the morning or whenever and read a little portion expecting Him to speak something to your heart. He will.
Feelings are not the truth.
Encourage your self in the Lord. How? Speak out loud your faith. Just like you wrote above....speak it out boldly like--
"I asked Jesus into my heart!... I came to Jesus!....Jesus said He will never forsake me!...Jesus said He is is with me to the end of the age!...Jesus says 'those who come to Me I will not cast out!'.....I am God's child by faith in Jesus!! etc etc...

This is how we overcome...by FAITH....and faith involves speaking.....By doing this you will begin to "feel" the truth of where you live(in Christ in heavenly places).
grace be with your spirit!
Dennis

Upvote 0

Jesusismyking87!!

Nov 3, 2018
Savannah
✟19,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree have you not approached your parents about how your faith seems weak to you?

If not do not fear for the greatest promise that we can rely on is what we believe in is done for God can not lie. Welcome to this amazing forum and God bless you.

Let me leave you with this if I may.

Mark 12:30
30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’a

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Welcome friend and may you be blessed here at CF. :wave:
First please do not base your salvation on feelings. Too many people do that and it is not scriptural.
1 John 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
Trust in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour :]

Upvote 0