Feb 9, 2017
New York
✟16,707.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello, my name is Joseph.

I have been going through some spiritual changes lately. I more recently held Atheist beliefs, but after going through some struggles I decided to pick up a Bible with the idea, "Eh, what can I lose" Since I started reading the Bible, I have been finding myself more attracted to it. Hell, even turning on the "Jesus radio stations" I used to laugh at.

I recently am attending school for Computer Science and have been praying to God to help me manage it as well as my personal life. Since I began prayer, I can't help but notice that they seem to be, well, answered. Given my sense of connection with God, I have become more confused on what I believe. Though, I have to say it is a happy kind of confusion. Like if someone told you that you won a brand new car, but had no clue how it happened.

I have thought about going to a local church, but it sounds uncomfortable. Not because it's church, but because I am reclusive in nature. Not reclusive in a bad way, I think, but generally content when avoiding people.

Anyways, I want to keep this thread "Introduction-y" So I suppose I will carry my questions else-where on the forum -- where might that be? Regardless, just wanted to say hello.

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟382,922.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
@itsJoseph, welcome and thanks for joining our community. :)
Although this is an intro thread, we always welcome folk to share anything they need. Hope you get to meet the great people here and hope to bump into you some time.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

I have been going through some spiritual changes lately. I more recently held Atheist beliefs, but after going through some struggles I decided to pick up a Bible with the idea, "Eh, what can I lose" Since I started reading the Bible, I have been finding myself more attracted to it. Hell, even turning on the "Jesus radio stations" I used to laugh at.

I recently am attending school for Computer Science and have been praying to God to help me manage it as well as my personal life. Since I began prayer, I can't help but notice that they seem to be, well, answered. Given my sense of connection with God, I have become more confused on what I believe. Though, I have to say it is a happy kind of confusion. Like if someone told you that you won a brand new car, but had no clue how it happened.

I have thought about going to a local church, but it sounds uncomfortable. Not because it's church, but because I am reclusive in nature. Not reclusive in a bad way, I think, but generally content when avoiding people.

Anyways, I want to keep this thread "Introduction-y" So I suppose I will carry my questions else-where on the forum. Regardless, just wanted to say hello.
Hi, Joseph, welcome to CF...

That's awesome that you are developing a relationship and are on an exciting journey and adventure with God now...

Awesome to hear... I am a bit more of a recluse as well, not in a bad way as well, I like alone time and I have the same kind of trouble with people and church, but try to make myself get out there and do it anyway, and I am usually glad that I did or do afterward...

Think of getting out among people and going to church as an exciting, thrilling adventure and journey with God as well, and it might help, God does want us to deal with and be around people, and his people as well...

Hope to see you more on the forums...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Anyways, I want to keep this thread "Introduction-y" So I suppose I will carry my questions else-where on the forum -- where might that be? Regardless, just wanted to say hello.

Well, you're in the right place then, Joseph! Welcome to CF, a place where you can deal with spiritual confusion ... along with the rest of us! :cool:

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Upvote 0