✟1,099,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Welcome Lyle.

Several years back, my life was almost taken in an instant. It's only by the grace of YHWH that I survived. It was a long painful recovery; but I'm thankful for the wake up call.

I try to appreciate all that YHWH has given me each day. Every day that I can see the sun come up, is a chance to reflect, and rejoice that I have another chance to live out his purpose for me.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Doubting Lyle read your bible and see what God has done for you and how much He loves you. Don’t be doubting but believe and trust. He didn’t do it it was you parents genes, stuff happens to all of us- a fact of life. I’m 68 and have things to blame him for but I fight it and am winning the battle! Jesus loves you, He is just a prayer away, an act of will and a leap of faith. He want to hear from you.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm here mainly to learn on several fronts. First a bit of backstory:

I was born with a facial difference (deformity). As I became aware of this at an early age and as I grew into a teenager and young adult, I adopted an attitude of blame towards God for letting this happen and setting in motion all my negative beliefs and mindset about myself.

Skip ahead to the present day and my involvement in Al-Anon (for families of alcoholics). Those who know AA and Al-Anon are familiar with the various themes and slogans that are an integral part of the group meetings. One of the most important slogans is: Let go and let God.

One thing about Al-Anon, it not only works for dealing with alcohol. You can use the principles for working with almost any problematic area of life.

I am currently stuck in Al-Anon and in life in general because I can't seem to let go of my resentment and blame I feel towards God for allowing my deformity to happen. This resentment prevents me from trusting and having faith that he has my back and that I can come to him with my problems. Since I hold resentment, I am doubly isolated from receiving God's graces, it would seem.

So I am here to try to unravel my resentment, get closer to God, learn how to let go and trust in his good intentions for me. Lastly, I want to learn gratitude, because this is another gaping hole in my life. I just don't feel anything deeper than a superficial thankfulness for the good things in my life. I am far more frustrated by what is lacking. So I need to turn this around as well.

That's it for now.
Doubting Lyle
God bless you, Doubting Lyle. It is good to meet you, Sir.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I'm here mainly to learn on several fronts. First a bit of backstory:

I was born with a facial difference (deformity). As I became aware of this at an early age and as I grew into a teenager and young adult, I adopted an attitude of blame towards God for letting this happen and setting in motion all my negative beliefs and mindset about myself.

Skip ahead to the present day and my involvement in Al-Anon (for families of alcoholics). Those who know AA and Al-Anon are familiar with the various themes and slogans that are an integral part of the group meetings. One of the most important slogans is: Let go and let God.

One thing about Al-Anon, it not only works for dealing with alcohol. You can use the principles for working with almost any problematic area of life.

I am currently stuck in Al-Anon and in life in general because I can't seem to let go of my resentment and blame I feel towards God for allowing my deformity to happen. This resentment prevents me from trusting and having faith that he has my back and that I can come to him with my problems. Since I hold resentment, I am doubly isolated from receiving God's graces, it would seem.

So I am here to try to unravel my resentment, get closer to God, learn how to let go and trust in his good intentions for me. Lastly, I want to learn gratitude, because this is another gaping hole in my life. I just don't feel anything deeper than a superficial thankfulness for the good things in my life. I am far more frustrated by what is lacking. So I need to turn this around as well.

That's it for now.
Doubting Lyle
Hello Doubting Lyle
Welcome to CF - hope you will enjoy your time here, the fellowship and the conversations.
It is good to have you with us.

• Agree
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0