Suva
✟7,951.00
Country
Fiji
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I found this site by chance because I was looking for topics concerning sleep paralysis.

My name is Lote but translated to English it's Charlotte. So you can just call me Charlotte. I'm 23 years old. Lately over the years I've been having sleep paralysis.

It started when I was in high school. I felt suffocated and felt as if some dark being was sitting on me and strangling my neck. It felt awfully real. But thankfully each time I felt that way, I say Jesus name and it suddenly vanishes and I wake up.

Each time I have sleep paralysis it becomes worse. The last time I had it was today and I had hallucinate that my mum was going to kill me with a mirror. But thankfully my paralysis happens only for a few minutes especially when I call out Jesus name.

I don't know why I typed all of that sleep paralysis thing down but I just wanted to say it. So.....yeah.

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I found this site by chance because I was looking for topics concerning sleep paralysis.

My name is Lote but translated to English it's Charlotte. So you can just call me Charlotte. I'm 23 years old. Lately over the years I've been having sleep paralysis.

It started when I was in high school. I felt suffocated and felt as if some dark being was sitting on me and strangling my neck. It felt awfully real. But thankfully each time I felt that way, I say Jesus name and it suddenly vanishes and I wake up.

Each time I have sleep paralysis it becomes worse. The last time I had it was today and I had hallucinate that my mum was going to kill me with a mirror. But thankfully my paralysis happens only for a few minutes especially when I call out Jesus name.

I don't know why I typed all of that sleep paralysis thing down but I just wanted to say it. So.....yeah.
Well I suggest praying, before you sleep. And if you have a prayer list, add your sleep time to your prayer list. I used to have bad dreams all the time. I mean all the time. I started praying when I went to bed and it stopped completely. But sometimes I forget, so I also added it to my prayer list. I hope that helps. The fact that it stops when you say Jesus shows it's warfare, not some paranoia. I also recommend not watching horror or scary movies or scary novels. That only feeds fear in our lives. Focus on the positive things in life. God, the Bible, love and Jesus.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi Charlotte, welcome to the forum in Jesus name it's a great place to be for fellowship with other Christians and answers to questions. I recommend the Prayer Wall for prayer support and advice from the Prayer warriors. There will be many more people on that thread.
God bless you :praying:

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Have you been involved in the occult at all? The fact that it goes when you say the name of Jesus would indicate that it is a demon. I had a similar experience just after I was saved and I was involved in the occult prior. It could also be a demon that is hanging around the home. I've had that too.

Demons/evil spirits must obey the name of the Lord Jesus. Command them out of your life and out of your home. They have no choice. They must go.

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Have you been involved in the occult at all? The fact that it goes when you say the name of Jesus would indicate that it is a demon. I had a similar experience just after I was saved and I was involved in the occult prior. It could also be a demon that is hanging around the home. I've had that too.

Demons/evil spirits must obey the name of the Lord Jesus. Command them out of your life and out of your home. They have no choice. They must go.
I personally don't give the enemy that much power. If there is a possession, yes....there may need to have some intercession. I had a girlfriend just out of highschool that used to get nightmares, it was not a possession but it was an oppression. They were a good christian family and they were involved in church. No occult. And one night her mom slept in her bedroom while she slept in her moms bed, and her mom woke up and her feet were levatating. Her and her mom told me. Then they asked their pastor to pray over their house, and they grabbed some other pastor friends and they did a prayer walk over the property line, it was a ranch in the country. And then after that she still had the nightmares, but instead of the darkness being at her, or near her, it was outside the window outside of her house. Prayer is key. Some people be like, cast all demonic books out of the house. Satan can use demonic books and certain relics to gain a foothold in someones house. That's all superstition. I have a book of quran, and I have various books on cults in my library. I study them to disprove them. But I don't do that any more, I really just read the Bible now days. But that was when I was teaching. But yeah, so prayer is key I think. The more people to pray over the situation the better, like my ex girlfriend. It doesn't necessarily need to be a preacher that prays over the room or house, but it should be someone who believes in Jesus and is a christian. Preferably a christian who has good standing with the Lord. A pastor is normally someone of that quality. But there are other christian believers as well. We got a call from someone who said that they were feeling oppressed. And I grabbed about ten of my christian buddies and we drove to their house, and we prayed over it. And when we arived....her boyfriend (which was probably the one possessed or oppressed, got in his car and left when we arrived). See satan flees at the rightous. Pastor or not, if you are an on fire believer, you have authority in Jesus name to cast out. There is no principality that can stand. However some demons, take fasting and prayer. But those are rare cases.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I personally don't give the enemy that much power. If there is a possession, yes....there may need to have some intercession. I had a girlfriend just out of highschool that used to get nightmares, it was not a possession but it was an oppression. They were a good christian family and they were involved in church. No occult. And one night her mom slept in her bedroom while she slept in her moms bed, and her mom woke up and her feet were levatating. Her and her mom told me. Then they asked their pastor to pray over their house, and they grabbed some other pastor friends and they did a prayer walk over the property line, it was a ranch in the country. And then after that she still had the nightmares, but instead of the darkness being at her, or near her, it was outside the window outside of her house. Prayer is key. Some people be like, cast all demonic books out of the house. Satan can use demonic books and certain relics to gain a foothold in someones house. That's all superstition. I have a book of quran, and I have various books on cults in my library. I study them to disprove them. But I don't do that any more, I really just read the Bible now days. But that was when I was teaching. But yeah, so prayer is key I think. The more people to pray over the situation the better, like my ex girlfriend. It doesn't necessarily need to be a preacher that prays over the room or house, but it should be someone who believes in Jesus and is a christian. Preferably a christian who has good standing with the Lord. A pastor is normally someone of that quality. But there are other christian believers as well. We got a call from someone who said that they were feeling oppressed. And I grabbed about ten of my christian buddies and we drove to their house, and we prayed over it. And when we arived....her boyfriend (which was probably the one possessed or oppressed, got in his car and left when we arrived). See satan flees at the rightous. Pastor or not, if you are an on fire believer, you have authority in Jesus name to cast out. There is no principality that can stand. However some demons, take fasting and prayer. But those are rare cases.
May I suggest you read my post again. I said nothing about possession. Lord Jesus did not pray, He commanded. And yes, any believer has authority over demons. Not so many know it.

I also suggest you read the account in Acts 19:19. The new believers burned their magic books.

The Bible does not say that Satan automatically flees from the righteous. It does say resist the devil.

Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,365.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Charlotte. I suffered from sleep paralysis. It certainly is one of the most dangerous and horrible stuff. I prayed every time they attacked me and one day I asked God- Father, if you are with me and love me then how come you allow such evil spirits torment me in such manner. How come any evil spirit would even dare come near me. God answered my prayer and I don't suffer from it anymore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lote

Apr 26, 2020
Suva
✟7,951.00
Country
Fiji
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Have you been involved in the occult at all? The fact that it goes when you say the name of Jesus would indicate that it is a demon. I had a similar experience just after I was saved and I was involved in the occult prior. It could also be a demon that is hanging around the home. I've had that to

No, I've never been involved in an occult before.
Well, I think there is some dark malevolent beings at my home and community because I've always had bad dreams about my home and my community. Nightmares actually. I always dreamt of someone chasing me.

Thank you for the advice.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian