• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Hell question

Discussion in 'Ask a Calvinist' started by Tania11, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Tania11

Tania11 Member

+136
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Isn't it God who forms every human born? Wouldn't this mean He forms some for hell? Or is there some kind of Permissive Will doctrine that solves this? I used think He just passed them over but the thought above kind of made me think.

And I read this Spurgeon sermon. He seems to imply the character of God wouldn't be soiled if He formed them for hell. This is kind of going past my head. Why would God make people to suffer? And wouldn't this contradict Ezekiel 33:11 ?
    I want to understand but everything is freaking me out.
    Am I thinking too deterministic? I need some El helpo! Lol

Election No Discouragement to Seeking Souls

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+2,252
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    No i am not, free grace believer.

3. Tania11

Tania11 Member

+136
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    But how does one believe WHEN they are dead in their sins?

No, worries, friend. I'm just messing around. I appreciate the articles.

4. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+2,252
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    I am sorry did not realize this was in a Calvinist discussion section..

5. Ilikecats

Ilikecats Member

+68
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    What’s the alternative? Making everyone live in paradise? That’s what God originally did until the fall of Adam. The fall cursed humanity and they live under the burdens of Original Sin. However the whole point of the creation wasn’t humanity on its own but for the glorification of our Lord Jesus Christ. The people that end up in hell although punished serve to show God’s character and holiness. God showed love to them in their lives on earth and everyone broke his law and are guilty of such. Humans aren’t good things. In fact they are quite terrible creatures when you try to compare with God’s character. Why are humans like this? To show just how merciful God is. It’s a thesis against slander.

6. CaspianSails

CaspianSails Well-Known Member

+299
    United States
    Christian
    Married

So let me see if I got this right. God created man knowing he would fall and destined most to eternal damnation to manifest His holiness in contrast. Perhaps a Calvanist has a better explanation than this one?

7. BBAS 64

BBAS 64 Contributor Supporter

+1,256
    Christian
    Married
    Good Day,
    Good Day, Caspian

God created man knowing that Adam would fall and in doing so that would ensure that the whole human race would be fallen as a result.

Does that help?

In Him,

Bill

8. Tania11

Tania11 Member

+136
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    I think I'm probably having trouble with double predestination. Not everyone is enabled by God to have a chance.

9. Ilikecats

Ilikecats Member

+68
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Do you understand how we are all guilty of the Original Sin that Adam committed? As a perfect representative for all humans ever to be born he sinned and thus sin entered the world. All humans thereafter are corrupted and do not belong in a paradise created by God. Why then does God continue to allow for humans to be born if they are doomed to perish? It’s to show just how merciful he is when he could easily destroy every sinner the instant they sin. God’s purpose in creation is to display his glory and his character. It’s not to forever contend with sinful creatures as creation will end in judgement. You are wondering why God doesn’t elect all sinners so all will be saved. It’s because no one deserves to be saved. Humanity is cursed and fallen. An object of God’s wrath.

10. Tania11

Tania11 Member

+136
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    @Ilikecats "Do you understand how we are all guilty of the Original Sin that Adam committed?"

I do understand.
    There are certain things that don't make sense to me and nobody can answer. Perhaps certain things are more complicated than we could fit into a doctrine.

..At least Luther struggled with what I'm struggling with and made it out.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020