Jan 6, 2009
#upperleftusa
Visit site
✟14,418.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
That much of a height difference can be intimidating.

I dated a guy in college who was 6'9". We got into a disagreement about something, so I stood on a coffee table so I could be eye level with him to give him a piece of my mind. It was useless tho - he was too busy laughing at me standing on the table to care that I was getting my fiesty on about whatever the issue was we were debating. :doh: lol
ohmygosh I'm sorry that is the funniest mental image I've had in awhile.. I love it.

Upvote 0

JennyKatz

I'm a leaf on the wind. . .watch how I soar
Nov 27, 2008
Connecticut
Visit site
✟16,134.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I prefer guys who are at least a few inches taller than me, but since I'm 4'11, this isn't hard. I used to think there was no such thing as too tall, but my ex-fiancee was 6'5 and that was just a ridiculous height difference. So, optimally, I think I'd like someone between 5'5 and 6'. Body type, I just want somebody healthy, somebody who is active and takes care of themselves.

Upvote 0

TinkerTot

Wish you were here
Feb 21, 2009
Oklahoma City
✟7,915.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you have any preferances about height and weight for your SO?

Men do you mind dating a gal taller then yourself?

I am 5'11" so I have dated men shorter then me, and thats not a problem for me, if its not for them. I however don't like dating guys who weigh less then me... as when I hug them I feel as thought I could break them:sorry:.

So any physical preferances that you would prefer?

Lol... I'm just the opposite... I'm like 4'11" hahaha and I weigh like 140 lol and my first year of college my roommate set me up on a blind date with a guy who was like 6'7" hahaha and he was a big guy like football player big :doh:and we just laughed cause there is no way it would've worked.. lol

I mean I don't mind a guy being a lot taller than me cause that's just how it's going to be for me... like the guy I met in Broken Arrown (the story is in the crush thread) and he was like 5'7" and he was still quite a bit taller than me but not bad.. lol.
All I have to say is I don't mind a guy who is quite a bit taller than me just as long as he doesn't mind bending down to kiss me... and picks me up when he hugs me... lol. :blush:

Upvote 0

JonMiller

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2007
✟23,331.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
By the way, as far as big differences go there is William the Conquorer and his wife Matilda. He was ~6 ft (Wiki suggests 5'10, but in any case, big for 1000 AD) and his wife was 4'2" tall! They apparently loved eachother a lot, and she bore him at least 11 children (9 + unnamed daughters, it was along time ago).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_the_Conquorer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matilda_of_Flanders

How is that for differences of size!

By the way, he is officially the first king of modern England.

JM

Reactions: Tinkerbell33
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Do you have any preferances about height and weight for your SO?

Men do you mind dating a gal taller then yourself?

I am 5'11" so I have dated men shorter then me, and thats not a problem for me, if its not for them. I however don't like dating guys who weigh less then me... as when I hug them I feel as thought I could break them:sorry:.

So any physical preferances that you would prefer?
There's men I have an attraction to with height and weight but it doesn't limit me always. The height thing, I think maybe. Same height or taller, taller better. I'm 5'8". Weighing less than me is ok and many times guys I've been attracted to are a little less or a little more than me. But again, I won't be limited by it. A date, I don't care as much.

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
It's been really hard for me, being 6'0'' to find guys that were taller than me or even the same height so I've settled for shorter men. Preferably, I'd be with someone who is my height or taller but I don't write guys off based on height alone. To me, it's kind of shallow.
haha not all guys that are tall are missing the the oil level on the dipstick ^_^
(puns the shallow comment) haha!
Just had ta ;)

However, you should probably pick wisdom, intelligence or someone bright/witty. Maybe two of the three. May seem the same, but it's not, and very rare to have all three at any height.
Just an observation... heh

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Apollo Celestio

Deal with it.
Jul 11, 2007
Ohio
✟36,579.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Uh, I can't say I care all that much. I suppose anywhere from 5 inches taller (I'm 5ft 11- 6ft, idr) to 10 inches shorter. Weight wise, I don't care too much, I just want someone to do stuff with. Someone who likes to run and would drag me with them would be nice.
Not many girls who like weapons though. xD

Reactions: Psalms34
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tammym1972

Jun 15, 2007
Tustin, Ca
✟19,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't like dating guys that weigh less then me. In fact I prefer chubby guys, more to cuddle with. It feels uncomfortable trying to hug a guy and feeling too many bones. Height doesn't matter tall, short its all good.

Reactions: christiankate
Upvote 0

christiankate

Contributor
Feb 6, 2005
✟13,630.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't like dating guys that weigh less then me. In fact I prefer chubby guys, more to cuddle with. It feels uncomfortable trying to hug a guy and feeling too many bones. Height doesn't matter tall, short its all good.

Amen to that

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cowboysfan1970

Forum Regular
Aug 3, 2008
✟16,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm one of those slender body types. I'm 6' 5" and 180 lbs. For my height I'm supposed to be about 210 to 220. I take after my father's side of the family. They are all slender.

There's a particular type of woman that I'm always attracted to. I posted some photos on that celebrity crushes thread of Kristin Adams (aka Kristin Holt), Deborah Gibson, and Jennifer Lopez. That's the body types that I love.

Upvote 0