Hebrews Sabbath rest, how do you read it?

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I see this scripture saying that we must repent of our evil works and do good works instead. This is done daily not just one day a week.

Hebrews 4:9 So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. 10 For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. 11 Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedience.

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I see this scripture saying that we must repent of our evil works and do good works instead. This is done daily not just one day a week.

Hebrews 4:9 So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. 10 For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. 11 Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedience.

9So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. 10For whoever enters God’s rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from His.

Sabbath in this verse is the 7th day Sabbath, referring back to Genesis when God created the 7th day Sabbath His and our rest day. He blessed it and made it Holy (set it apart from the other days) It was created before man ... for man. Jesus is Lord of the 7th day Sabbath. If it don't mean anything .... being Lord of it don't mean anything either.

Matthew 12:8
For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”

Repenting should be made when we have been made aware of our sin through the conviction of the Holy Spirit, it doesn't matter what day it is.

• Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
9So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. 10For whoever enters God’s rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from His.

Sabbath in this verse is the 7th day Sabbath, referring back to Genesis when God created the 7th day Sabbath His and our rest day. He blessed it and made it Holy (set it apart from the other days) It was created before man ... for man. Jesus is Lord of the 7th day Sabbath. If it don't mean anything .... being Lord of it don't mean anything either.

Matthew 12:8
For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”

Repenting should be made when we have been made aware of our sin through the conviction of the Holy Spirit, it doesn't matter what day it is.
If i understand you correctly, i would disagree. I read it differently. I read it as saying we rest from our evil works everyday, not just one day a week, and thats how we fulfill Gods Sabbath.. In essence the Sabbath is fulfilled in those who walk in the Spirit. Just as the Lord has said. "Come unto me all who are weary, and i will give you REST for your souls."

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If i understand you correctly, i would disagree. I read it differently. I read it as saying we rest from our evil works everyday, not just one day a week, and thats how we fulfill Gods Sabbath.. In essence the Sabbath is fulfilled in those who walk in the Spirit. Just as the Lord has said. "Come unto me all who are weary, and i will give you REST for your souls."

Well ... He didn't bless and make holy every day of the week ... and yes ... we are to walk with Him daily .... and yes we are to rest in him every day ... but He doesn't call every day the Sabbath.

• Mark 2:27-28
    And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."
  • Exodus 20:8
    "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
He gave us the Sabbath and asked us to keep it.

God Bless.

• Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well ... He didn't bless and make holy every day of the week ... and yes ... we are to walk with Him daily .... and yes we are to rest in him every day ... but He doesn't call every day the Sabbath.

• Mark 2:27-28
    And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."
  • Exodus 20:8
    "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
He gave us the Sabbath and asked us to keep it.

God Bless.
I dont. agree. The scripture clearly says that we rest from our works. This refers to our "evil" works, such the sins that the apostles teach us about. Clearly the rest is a way of life, not just one day.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The passage in question has nothing to do with a day.

4 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

The Hebrews (Israel) had and kept the 7th day sabbath, yet didn't have rest.

What did God rest from? Did God return to His work? The above passage can't be talking about our physical labor, or it would void the command to till the soil found in Genesis.

Jesus offered the rest being talked about in Mat 11:

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
It has nothing to do with physical labor as it says "ye shall find rest unto your souls."

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The passage in question has nothing to do with a day.

4 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

The Hebrews (Israel) had and kept the 7th day sabbath, yet didn't have rest.

What did God rest from? Did God return to His work? The above passage can't be talking about our physical labor, or it would void the command to till the soil found in Genesis.

Jesus offered the rest being talked about in Mat 11:

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
It has nothing to do with physical labor as it says "ye shall find rest unto your souls."
I agree.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

You need to define what evil works are and the conditions of walking in God's SPIRIT. Evil works are defined in God's WORD as breaking God's commandments.

God's 10 Commandments give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3;4; PSALMS 119:172. If we KNOWINGLY break any one of God's commandments we stand guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:18-20; 26. If we walk in God's SPIRIT we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh *GALATIANS 5:16. None have God's SPIRIT while contiuing in known UNREPENTANT SIN (breaking any of God's Commandments - 1 JOHN 3:4; JAMES 2:10-11) *ACTS 2:38. God's people in the wilderness did not enter into God's REST because of SIN and UNBELIEF; HEBREWS 3. God's REST of HEBREWS 4 is God's SABBATH REST.

WHAT IS HIS REST (God's) IN HEBREWS 3 and HEBREWS 4?

HEBREWS 4
[1], Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
[2], For to us was the gospel preached, as well as to them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
[3], For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
[4], For he spoke in a certain place of the SEVENTH DAY on this wise, And God did rest the SEVENTH DAY from all his works.
And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

KEY POINTS OF HEBREWS 4:1-5

NOTE: CONTEXT is God's REST from the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST OF CREATION (v4-5) and those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW GOD's WORD [the GOSPEL] enter into God's SABBATH REST as GOD did on the SEVENTH DAY of the week. CONTEXT is GOD's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST and those who believe or do not believe God's WORD do not enter into that rest.

[6], Seeing therefore it remains that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
[7], Again, he limits a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if you will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
[8], For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
[9] SO THEN, IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.

[10], For he that is entered into his rest, he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his. [11], Let us labor therefore to enter that rest, [God’s REST the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH] lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief [rejecting God’s WORD and sin; Hebrews 3].

KEY POINTS OF HEBREWS 4:9

Now notice Hebrews 4, verse 9: SO THEN, IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.” In verses 1, 3, 4 and 8, the Greek word for “rest” is katapausin. It means “rest.” But in verse 9, the Greek word for “rest” is sabbatismos, which is a Hebrew word—Sabbat, which means “the Sabbath”—combined with a Greek suffix—ismos, which means “a keeping of” or “a doing of.” Put together, sabbatismo means “a keeping of the Sabbath.” When correctly translated, Hebrews 4:9 should read, “There remains therefore a keeping of the Sabbath to the people of God.”

INTERLINEAR HEBREWS 4:9

αρα απολειπεται σαββατισμος τω λαω του θεου
So then there remains a Sabbath rest to the people - of God

Parallel translations of HEBREWS 4:9

New International Version
There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God;

English Standard Version
So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God,

Berean Study Bible
So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God.

Berean Literal Bible
So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God.

New American Standard Bible

Christian Standard Bible
Therefore, a Sabbath rest remains for God's people.

Holman Christian Standard Bible

International Standard Version
There remains, therefore, a Sabbath rest for the people of God to keep,

NET Bible
Consequently a Sabbath rest remains for the people of God.

New Heart English Bible
There remains therefore a Sabbath rest for the people of God.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
SO THEN, IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.

New American Standard 1977

American Standard Version
There remaineth therefore a sabbath rest for the people of God.

Darby Bible Translation
There remains then a sabbatism to the people of God.

English Revised Version

Weymouth New Testament
It follows that there still remains a sabbath rest for the people of God.

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
there doth remain, then, a Sabbatic rest to the people of God,

continuing...

[10], For he that is entered into his rest (v9 SABBATH REST), he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
[11], Let us labor therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief (Heb 3).

CONCLUSION: Yep lots of scripture here showing that if you do not enter into God's Gospel rest you cannot enter his SABBATH REST. v 1-4 is the context of the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH confirmed in v9-11 Hebrews 3-4 is talking about the Gospel and the keeping of God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH by BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD. "There remains therefore a SABBATH rest to the people of God. Let us labor therefore to enter into that rest lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief" v9-11. HEBREWS 4 supports the keeping of the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH by believing and following the Word of God.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You need to define what evil works are and the conditions of walking in God's SPIRIT. Evil works are defined in God's WORD as breaking God's commandments.

God's 10 Commandments give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3;4; PSALMS 119:172. If we KNOWINGLY break any one of God's commandments we stand guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:18-20; 26. If we walk in God's SPIRIT we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh *GALATIANS 5:16. None have God's SPIRIT while contiuing in known UNREPENTANT SIN (breaking any of God's Commandments - 1 JOHN 3:4; JAMES 2:10-11) *ACTS 2:38. God's people in the wilderness did not enter into God's REST because of SIN and UNBELIEF; HEBREWS 3. God's REST of HEBREWS 4 is God's SABBATH REST.

WHAT IS HIS REST (God's) IN HEBREWS 3 and HEBREWS 4?

HEBREWS 4
[1], Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
[2], For to us was the gospel preached, as well as to them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
[3], For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
[4], For he spoke in a certain place of the SEVENTH DAY on this wise, And God did rest the SEVENTH DAY from all his works.
And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

KEY POINTS OF HEBREWS 4:1-5

NOTE: CONTEXT is God's REST from the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST OF CREATION (v4-5) and those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW GOD's WORD [the GOSPEL] enter into God's SABBATH REST as GOD did on the SEVENTH DAY of the week. CONTEXT is GOD's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST and those who believe or do not believe God's WORD do not enter into that rest.

[6], Seeing therefore it remains that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
[7], Again, he limits a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if you will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
[8], For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
[9] SO THEN, IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.

[10], For he that is entered into his rest, he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his. [11], Let us labor therefore to enter that rest, [God’s REST the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH] lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief [rejecting God’s WORD and sin; Hebrews 3].

KEY POINTS OF HEBREWS 4:9

Now notice Hebrews 4, verse 9: SO THEN, IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.” In verses 1, 3, 4 and 8, the Greek word for “rest” is katapausin. It means “rest.” But in verse 9, the Greek word for “rest” is sabbatismos, which is a Hebrew word—Sabbat, which means “the Sabbath”—combined with a Greek suffix—ismos, which means “a keeping of” or “a doing of.” Put together, sabbatismo means “a keeping of the Sabbath.” When correctly translated, Hebrews 4:9 should read, “There remains therefore a keeping of the Sabbath to the people of God.”

INTERLINEAR HEBREWS 4:9

αρα απολειπεται σαββατισμος τω λαω του θεου
So then there remains a Sabbath rest to the people - of God

Parallel translations of HEBREWS 4:9

New International Version
There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God;

English Standard Version
So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God,

Berean Study Bible

Berean Literal Bible
So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God.

New American Standard Bible

Christian Standard Bible

Holman Christian Standard Bible

International Standard Version
There remains, therefore, a Sabbath rest for the people of God to keep,

NET Bible
Consequently a Sabbath rest remains for the people of God.

New Heart English Bible

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
SO THEN, IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.

New American Standard 1977

American Standard Version

Darby Bible Translation
There remains then a sabbatism to the people of God.

English Revised Version

Weymouth New Testament
It follows that there still remains a sabbath rest for the people of God.

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
there doth remain, then, a Sabbatic rest to the people of God,

continuing...

[10], For he that is entered into his rest (v9 SABBATH REST), he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
[11], Let us labor therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief (Heb 3).

CONCLUSION: Yep lots of scripture here showing that if you do not enter into God's Gospel rest you cannot enter his SABBATH REST. v 1-4 is the context of the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH confirmed in v9-11 Hebrews 3-4 is talking about the Gospel and the keeping of God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH by BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD. "There remains therefore a SABBATH rest to the people of God. Let us labor therefore to enter into that rest lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief" v9-11. HEBREWS 4 supports the keeping of the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH by believing and following the Word of God.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?
Thank you. I dont really need the lengthy post though. Define sin, sure its defined in Galatians 5-6, and other writings of the apostles who were sent to teach us what to observe. As far as Sabbath goes they dont teach about the OC Sabbath but a different sabbath in Hebrews 4.

• Agree
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. I dont really need the lengthy post though. Define sin, sure its defined in Galatians 5-6, and other writings of the apostles who were sent to teach us what to observe. As far as Sabbath goes they dont teach about the OC Sabbath but a different sabbath in Hebrews 4.

Hello brother,

I suggest you take a read of the post you ignored and the scriptures in them. They do not agree with you. It was posted only in all love and respect as a help to you. You are free to believe as you wish however keep in mind we all answer only to God come judgment day *JOHN 12:46-47

There is no such thing as the OC Sabbath. The Sabbath is the same in the OLD and NEW COVENANTS just like lying, stealing, murder and adultery. If we KNOWINGLY break ANY of God's 10 Commandments we stand guilty before God of sin. Saying the OC Sabbath is like saying OC adultery and murder if you break any of God's commandments you are guilty of sin which is the same as breaking all of them.

JAMES 2:8-11
[8], If you fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, You shall love your neighbor as yourself, you do well: [9], But if you have respect to persons, you commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. [10], For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.[11], For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if you commit no adultery, yet if you kill, you are become a transgressor of the law.

1 JOHN 3:4 [4], Whoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

God's 10 Commandments give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3;4; PSALMS 119:172. If we KNOWINGLY break any one of God's commandments we stand guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:18-20; 26. If we walk in God's SPIRIT we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh *GALATIANS 5:16.

None have God's SPIRIT while contiuing in known UNREPENTANT SIN (breaking any of God's Commandments - 1 JOHN 3:4; JAMES 2:10-11) *ACTS 2:38. God's people in the wilderness did not enter into God's REST because of SIN and UNBELIEF; HEBREWS 3. God's REST of HEBREWS 4 is God's SABBATH REST.

Sin will keep all those who KNOWINGLY practice it out of God's KINGDOM *HEBREWS 10:26-27.

May God bless you as you seek him through his Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello brother,

I suggest you take a read of the post you ignored and the scriptures in them. They do not agree with you. It was posted only in all love and respect as a help to you. You are free to believe as you wish however keep in mind we all answer only to God come judgment day *JOHN 12:46-47

There is no such thing as the OC Sabbath. The Sabbath is the same in the OLD and NEW COVENANTS just like lying, stealing, murder and adultery. If we KNOWINGLY break ANY of God's 10 Commandments we stand guilty before God of sin. Saying the OC Sabbath is like saying OC adultery and murder if you break any of God's commandments you are guilty of sin which is the same as breaking all of them.

[8], If you fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, You shall love your neighbor as yourself, you do well: [9], But if you have respect to persons, you commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. [10], For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.[11], For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if you commit no adultery, yet if you kill, you are become a transgressor of the law.

1 JOHN 3:4 [4], Whoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Sin will keep all those who KNOWINGLY practice it out of God's KINGDOM *HEBREWS 10:26-27.

Thank you for keeping it short. There is an OC sabbath, it was given in the 10Cs. There is an older Sabbath as well, which God spoke of in his Word during creation. That creation sabbath is the one God gives us rest in.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for keeping it short. There is an OC sabbath, it was given in the 10Cs. There is an older Sabbath as well, which God spoke of in his Word during creation. That creation sabbath is the one God gives us rest in.

The CREATION SABBATH is God's 4th Commandment and it is the SEVENTH DAY of the week (Friday evening to Saturday evening God's time). Are you saying that it is ok for God's people to break God's 10 Commandments? We can now lie, steal commit adultery, murder etc etc? All these same commandments are all repeated in the NEW COVENANT and kept by JESUS and ALL the APOSTLES including the Sabbath which is one of the 10 Commandments.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello brother,

God's 10 Commandments give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3;4; PSALMS 119:172. If we KNOWINGLY break any one of God's commandments we stand guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:18-20; 26. If we walk in God's SPIRIT we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh *GALATIANS 5:16.

None have God's SPIRIT while contiuing in known UNREPENTANT SIN (breaking any of God's Commandments - 1 JOHN 3:4; JAMES 2:10-11) *ACTS 2:38. God's people in the wilderness did not enter into God's REST because of SIN and UNBELIEF; HEBREWS 3. God's REST of HEBREWS 4 is God's SABBATH REST.

If you have a particular scripture you want to show me then please do, but dont give me a lengthy list of links and expect me to read them all. Lets address one question and one answer at a time, shall we?God swore the Jews would not enter His rest. Thats the NC Sabbath.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The CREATION SABBATH is God's 4th Commandment and it is the SEVENTH DAY of the week (Friday evening to Saturday evening God's time). Are you saying that it is ok for God's people to break God's 10 Commandments? We can now lie, steal commit adultery, murder etc etc? All these same commandments are all repeated in the NEW COVENANT and kept by JESUS and ALL the APOSTLES including the Sabbath which is one of the 10 Commandments.
No its not because God swore the Jews would not enter His creation rest. They observed sabbath every saturday, so this cant be the same one God swore they wouldnt enter. You see?

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you have a particular scripture you want to show me then please do, but dont give me a lengthy list of links and expect me to read them all. Lets address one question and one answer at a time, shall we?God swore the Jews would not enter His rest. Thats the NC Sabbath.

Hmm you responded to this post already and thanked me for keeping it short in your post # 12. Anyhow brother, that is not an excuse for not looking at the scriptures that disagree with you. Why are you trying to say that the Sabbath is only for JEWS when JESUS says it is for all mankind *MARK 2:27-28?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No its not because God swore the Jews would not enter His creation rest. They observed sabbath every saturday, so this cant be the same one God swore they wouldnt enter. You see?

Brother you do know that HEBREW 3-4 is talking about those who rebelled against God in the wilderness right? It is not talking about those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD not entering his rest. Those that did not enter God's rest were all those who sinned against him (broke his commandments) and did not believe his Word *HEBREWS 3:12-19. His rest as shown in the post # 9 linked that you refuse to read shows these scriptures refer to God's rest as being the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH of creation that he made for mankind *GENESIS 2:1-3; MARK 2:27-28; HEBREWS 4:1-5; 9.

HEBREWS 4:9 SO THEN, IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
When we enter Gods rest we are automatically obeying the 4th Commandment.

God's WORD says that if we are knowingly breaking any of God's Commandments we do not enter God's rest, neither do we know God *JAMES 2:10-11; 1 JOHN 3:4.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hmm you responded to this post already and thanked me for keeping it short in your post # 12. Anyhow brother, that is not an excuse for not looking at the scriptures that disagree with you. Why are you trying to say that the Sabbath is only for JEWS when JESUS says it is for all mankind *MARK 2:27-28?
Im not denying that God gave mankind Sabbath, im only interpreting it differently than you.

Upvote 0