Hebrews Sabbath rest, how do you read it?

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Since Christians aren't obligated to the covenant given to Israel alone, they can't violate it. There's no sin (violation).

Brother if you are not a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the new covenant. *HEBREWS 8:10-12. Gentiles are now grafted in ROMANS 11:13-27

Upvote 0

liberty of conscience

created anew
Dec 3, 2018
Visistate
Visit site
✟12,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is done daily not just one day a week.

Could you please cite Exodus 20:8-11, the 4th Commandment, and underline the places in the commandment which speak of days, and tell me how many days the Commandment covers?

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

liberty of conscience

created anew
Dec 3, 2018
Visistate
Visit site
✟12,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No its not because God swore the Jews would not enter His creation rest. They observed sabbath every saturday, so this cant be the same one God swore they wouldnt enter. You see?

Actually they (who came out of Egypt) didn't, since the Law of God, thus the sabbath of the LORD, is spiritual, and they were carnally minded (Exodus 16:28). They continually broke the commandment (see Numbers 15; Nehemiah 9; Ezekiel 20; Isaiah 58 and more, and entered not in because of unbelief (and whatsoever is not of faith is sin (Romans 14:23), and sin is the transgression of the Law; 1 John 3:4). Thus it "remaineth" "from the foundation of the world" that some must still enter into God's "(my) rest".

"saturday" is pagan time (midnight to midnight).

The sabbath (rest) of the LORD God is from even to even, being the 7th day.

• Agree
Upvote 0

liberty of conscience

created anew
Dec 3, 2018
Visistate
Visit site
✟12,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since Christians aren't obligated to the covenant given to Israel alone, they can't violate it. There's no sin (violation).

Several things here.

(1) The Ten Commandments are not the old covenant as per Romans 3:31; Jeremiah 31:33. I am not aware of a single text in all of scripture which would say otherwise.

(2) Jesus is the true Israel (the true overcomer in all things, who wrestled with God (the Father) in prayer for us in the Garden) as per; Matthew 2:13-15; Hosea 11:1; (Genesis 32:28; overcomer (of temptation to sin); Acts 5:31) John 16:33; Revelation 3:21. The Everlasting Covenant (Malachi 2:5) was made between Father and Son, witnessed by the Holy Ghost in eternity, and was made with that true Israel, even the "house" of Israel, of Judah, and Jesus is the ruler of that "house" (Hebrews 3:6), and Jesus is the lion of the tribe of Juda (Hebrews 7:14; Revelation 5:5).

(3) Christians (disciples of Christ Jesus) are the true Israels children as per Hebrews 2:9-13; Isaiah 8:8-20.

(4) There is only one definition of sin in scripture, and it is the transgression of the Law of God, 1 John 3:4, and it does not change, for any man (in Adam, 1st or 2nd/Last), and thus how Paul knew what sin is, Romans 3:20, 7:7.

(5) Christians are obligated to the Commandments of Christ Jesus, as per John 14:15, of which He cited Exodus 20:6, the heart of the Ten Commandments, since the Sabbath of the LORD was given to Adam (1st & 2nd/last), and thus all mankind in him Mark 2:27-28.

(6) Love to God and neighbour, as cited in the NT, is taken from the OT; namely Deuteronomy 6:1-5; Leviticus 19:17-18, which are in the context of sin and the Ten Commandments (Deuteronomy 5).

(7) The prophets foretold all flesh (Jew and Gentile) keeping holy God's sabbath, God's rest, the holy 7th day of the LORD, Isaiah 56:1-8; John 10:16; Acts 4:24, 14:15-16, 17:30, see also Acts 13, 15, 16, 18; Isaiah 66:23).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Could you please cite Exodus 20:8-11, the 4th Commandment, and underline the places in the commandment which speak of days, and tell me how many days the Commandment covers?
Im referring to Hebrews which is NC doctrine, not the OC doctrine you are asking about.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually they (who came out of Egypt) didn't, since the Law of God, thus the sabbath of the LORD, is spiritual, and they were carnally minded (Exodus 16:28). They continually broke the commandment (see Numbers 15; Nehemiah 9; Ezekiel 20; Isaiah 58 and more, and entered not in because of unbelief (and whatsoever is not of faith is sin (Romans 14:23), and sin is the transgression of the Law; 1 John 3:4). Thus it "remaineth" "from the foundation of the world" that some must still enter into God's "(my) rest".

"saturday" is pagan time (midnight to midnight).

The sabbath (rest) of the LORD God is from even to even, being the 7th day.
So you think Hebrews chapter 4 is a command to rest on Saturday and only Saturday (Or is it Sunday?). I disagree but thank you for your reply.

Upvote 0

liberty of conscience

created anew
Dec 3, 2018
Visistate
Visit site
✟12,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you think Hebrews chapter 4 is a command to rest on Saturday and only Saturday (Or is it Sunday?). I disagree but thank you for your reply.

"Saturday" (Roman time, midnight to midnight) and "Sunday" (Roman time, midnight to midnight) are actually technically not correct. It is a false dichotomy. The 7th day the Sabbath of the LORD is from even to even (sunset to sunset).

For instance:

Genesis 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

The "evening" begins the day, as given by God.

"Even" is defined by scripture:

Mark 1:32 And at even, when the sun did set, they brought unto him all that were diseased, and them that were possessed with devils.

Therefore, "even" is when "the sun did set".

The scripture is even more specific, a few of the many examples I may cite yet still in future:

Genesis 15:12 And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and, lo, an horror of great darkness fell upon him.

Genesis 15:17 And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces.

Judges 19:9 And when the man rose up to depart, he, and his concubine, and his servant, his father in law, the damsel's father, said unto him, Behold, now the day draweth toward evening, I pray you tarry all night: behold, the day groweth to an end, lodge here, that thine heart may be merry; and to morrow get you early on your way, that thou mayest go home.

Judges 19:25 But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go.

Job 38:12 Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place;

Psalms 104:20 Thou makest darkness, and it is night: wherein all the beasts of the forest do creep forth.

Psalms 104:21 The young lions roar after their prey, and seek their meat from God.

Psalms 104:22 The sun ariseth, they gather themselves together, and lay them down in their dens.

Psalms 104:23 Man goeth forth unto his work and to his labour until the evening.

John 11:9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.

John 11:01 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.

There are still more as needful.

Hebrews 3-4 is clear.

Hebrews 4:3, "my (God's) rest" and "the works were finished from the foundation of the world", which is a direct reference to Genesis 2:1-3. It even uses the word "finished". God rested the 7th day in Genesis 2:1-3. It is His rest, the 7th day, the sabbath (rest) of the LORD thy God, Exodus 20:8-11.

Hebrews 4:4, "he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works", which "certain place" is Genesis 2:1-3; re-cited in Exodus 20:8-11. The 7th day the sabbath (rest) of the LORD thy God.

Hebrews 4:5, "my (God's) rest)", citing Psalms 95, which is citing Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11, etc. Again, this is the 7th day the sabbath (rest) of God at Creation in Genesis 2:1-3.

Hebrews 4:6, "remaineth", from when? "from the foundation of the world" as per Hebrews 4:3 and thus it is not new, but has been around from the beginning.

Hebrews 4:9, "rest", sabbatismos, literally and truly sabbath keeping in scripture and in all known extant Greek sources, dictionaries, and so on and again "remaineth".

Hebrews 4:10, "his (God's) rest", which is the 7th day the sabbath (rest) of the LORD thy God from Genesis 2:1-3., "as God did from his (works)", which "works were finished from the foundation of the world" as per Hebrews 4:3.

Hebrews 4:11, "that rest" (ie God's rest), the 7th day the sabbath (rest) of the LORD thy God.

Look around by using the "search" option on Hebrews 3-4, and there is found even a whole thread on Hebrews 3 - 4 that seems to have been around awhile now that has gone into this in some considerable depth- Hebrews 3-4 [KJB], the 7th Day the Sabbath of the LORD JEHOVAH - "my rest" "remaineth" to My people.

You may of course disagree, as is your prerogative, but that is no evidence of being correct, nor of being defensible from (or foundational upon) scripture itself.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

liberty of conscience

created anew
Dec 3, 2018
Visistate
Visit site
✟12,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Im referring to Hebrews which is NC doctrine, not the OC doctrine you are asking about.
Hebrews is citing tons of OT, especially Hebrews 8, which is directly citing Jeremiah 31:31-34, in Hebrews 8:8-13.

I would desire that you specifically define what you mean when you say, OC (old covenant).

The "old covenant" is not the whole OT (Genesis to Malachi). The "old covenant" is not even the Torah (Genesis to Deuteronomy or even with Joshua if preferred).

The "old covenant" is explicitly found in Exodus 19:8, and mentioned in Hebrews 8:6-9 ("promises", "fault", "them"), not the Ten Commandments (which are perfect promises of God without any fault), but rather the peoples promises to do "all" that the Lord asked them to do. They entered into covenant with God by agreement in Exodus 19.

The Ten Commandments are God's "my covenant", but are not the "old covenant" as per Romans 3:31; Jeremiah 31:33, etc.

There are many "covenants" in scripture, and people get them confused to their own hurt or destruction because they do not take the time to read carefully.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Saturday" (Roman time, midnight to midnight) and "Sunday" (Roman time, midnight to midnight) are actually technically not correct. It is a false dichotomy. The 7th day the Sabbath of the LORD is from even to even (sunset to sunset).

For instance:

Genesis 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

The "evening" begins the day, as given by God.

"Even" is defined by scripture:

Mark 1:32 And at even, when the sun did set, they brought unto him all that were diseased, and them that were possessed with devils.

Therefore, "even" is when "the sun did set".

The scripture is even more specific, a few of the many examples I may cite yet still in future:

Genesis 15:12 And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and, lo, an horror of great darkness fell upon him.

Genesis 15:17 And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces.

Judges 19:9 And when the man rose up to depart, he, and his concubine, and his servant, his father in law, the damsel's father, said unto him, Behold, now the day draweth toward evening, I pray you tarry all night: behold, the day groweth to an end, lodge here, that thine heart may be merry; and to morrow get you early on your way, that thou mayest go home.

Judges 19:25 But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go.

Job 38:12 Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place;

Psalms 104:20 Thou makest darkness, and it is night: wherein all the beasts of the forest do creep forth.

Psalms 104:21 The young lions roar after their prey, and seek their meat from God.

Psalms 104:22 The sun ariseth, they gather themselves together, and lay them down in their dens.

Psalms 104:23 Man goeth forth unto his work and to his labour until the evening.

John 11:9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.

John 11:01 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.

There are still more as needful.

Hebrews 3-4 is clear.

Hebrews 4:3, "my (God's) rest" and "the works were finished from the foundation of the world", which is a direct reference to Genesis 2:1-3. It even uses the word "finished". God rested the 7th day in Genesis 2:1-3. It is His rest, the 7th day, the sabbath (rest) of the LORD thy God, Exodus 20:8-11.

Hebrews 4:4, "he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works", which "certain place" is Genesis 2:1-3; re-cited in Exodus 20:8-11. The 7th day the sabbath (rest) of the LORD thy God.

Hebrews 4:5, "my (God's) rest)", citing Psalms 95, which is citing Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11, etc. Again, this is the 7th day the sabbath (rest) of God at Creation in Genesis 2:1-3.

Hebrews 4:6, "remaineth", from when? "from the foundation of the world" as per Hebrews 4:3 and thus it is not new, but has been around from the beginning.

Hebrews 4:9, "rest", sabbatismos, literally and truly sabbath keeping in scripture and in all known extant Greek sources, dictionaries, and so on and again "remaineth".

Hebrews 4:10, "his (God's) rest", which is the 7th day the sabbath (rest) of the LORD thy God from Genesis 2:1-3., "as God did from his (works)", which "works were finished from the foundation of the world" as per Hebrews 4:3.

Hebrews 4:11, "that rest" (ie God's rest), the 7th day the sabbath (rest) of the LORD thy God.

Look around by using the "search" option on Hebrews 3-4, and there is found even a whole thread on Hebrews 3 - 4 that seems to have been around awhile now that has gone into this in some considerable depth- Hebrews 3-4 [KJB], the 7th Day the Sabbath of the LORD JEHOVAH - "my rest" "remaineth" to My people.

You may of course disagree, as is your prerogative, but that is no evidence of being correct, nor of being defensible from (or foundational upon) scripture itself.
Ok thank you.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hebrews is citing tons of OT, especially Hebrews 8, which is directly citing Jeremiah 31:31-34, in Hebrews 8:8-13.

I would desire that you specifically define what you mean when you say, OC (old covenant).

The "old covenant" is not the whole OT (Genesis to Malachi). The "old covenant" is not even the Torah (Genesis to Deuteronomy or even with Joshua if preferred).

The "old covenant" is explicitly found in Exodus 19:8, and mentioned in Hebrews 8:6-9 ("promises", "fault", "them"), not the Ten Commandments (which are perfect promises of God without any fault), but rather the peoples promises to do "all" that the Lord asked them to do. They entered into covenant with God by agreement in Exodus 19.

The Ten Commandments are God's "my covenant", but are not the "old covenant" as per Romans 3:31; Jeremiah 31:33, etc.

There are many "covenants" in scripture, and people get them confused to their own hurt or destruction because they do not take the time to read carefully.
Hebrews 8:8 But God found fault with the people and said:

“The days are coming, declares the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
9 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors

when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they did not remain faithful to my covenant,
and I turned away from them,
declares the Lord.
10 This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel
after that time, declares the Lord.
I will put my laws in their minds
and write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.

Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I see this scripture saying that we must repent of our evil works and do good works instead. This is done daily not just one day a week.

Hebrews 4:9 So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. 10 For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. 11 Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedience.
Enter in to God's rest is by trusting in the promise. The children of Israel were stiff necked and rebellious, in their hearts turned back to Egypt. The sin that followed was unavoidable. There's a lesson here for Christians, resting from the work of salvation results in the peacable fruits of righteousness, that is inevitable to.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Enter in to God's rest is by trusting in the promise. The children of Israel were stiff necked and rebellious, in their hearts turned back to Egypt. The sin that followed was unavoidable. There's a lesson here for Christians, resting from the work of salvation results in the peacable fruits of righteousness, that is inevitable to.
Thank you.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 8:8 But God found fault with the people and said:

“The days are coming, declares the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
9 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors

when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they did not remain faithful to my covenant,
and I turned away from them,
declares the Lord.
10 This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel
after that time, declares the Lord.
I will put my laws in their minds
and write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.

The NEW COVENANT is not like the OLD COVENANT. We no longer do animal sacrifices and the shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 that pointed to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the NEW are fulfilled in Christ and his mimistration as our great sacrifice and high Priest who ministers on our behalf in the Heavenly Sanctuary made without hande.

You mix up the shadow laws from that MOSAIC book of the covenant *EXODUS 24:7 brother with God's eternal law that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172 that show us we are all sinners and lead us to Christ that we might be forgiven by faith *GALATIANS 3:22-25 to be free from our sins to walk in his Spirit *GALATIANS 5:16.

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4) Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Yep many are going to be dissappointed come judgment day.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The NEW COVENANT is not like the OLD COVENANT we not longer do animal sacrifices and the shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT that pointed to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the NEW are fulfilled in Christ and his mimistration as our great sacrifice and high Priest who ministers on our behalf in the Heavenly Sanctuary made without hande. You mix up the shadow laws from that MOSAIC book of the covenant brother with God's eternal law that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172.

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)
Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).
I believe the Word of God. I just see it differently than you.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Resting into God's rest means to BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. HEBREWS 3 tells us that those in the wilderness did not enter in to God's REST (Seventh day SABBATH *HEBREWS 4:1-5) because of their UNBELIEF and SINS *HEBREWS 3:6-19 Sin is breaking any one of God's Commandments *1 JOHN 3:4. If we break any one of God's 10 Commandments we stand guilty before God of sin * JAMES 2:10-11.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not just like any one of the other commandments we stand guilty before God of committing sin. If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Breaking any of God's Commandments when God tells us not to is not BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD and doing the same thing that God warns us about in HEBREWS 3:6-19.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I believe the Word of God. I just see it differently than you.

If we break God's Commandments when God asks us not to are we BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD? HEBREWS 3:6-19 warns us that those who do not enter into God's REST are those who do not BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. They did not enter into God's rest because of their UNBELIEF and SINS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The new covenant is made with Israel alone - where does the Bible say that the new covenant is with Christians who no longer need to obey God’s commandments?
Is John 3:16-18 correct?

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Is John 3:16-18 correct?

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

So brother are you BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God if you are not following what he says? Read a few more scriptures further...

JOHN 3:16-21
[16], For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
[17], For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
[18], He that believes on him is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
[19], And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
[20], For every one that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
[21], But he that does truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are worked in God.

If we are not FOLLOWING God's WORD when he asks us to are we BELIEVING or NOT BELIEVING God's WORD?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If we break God's Commandments when God asks us not to are we BELIEVING and FOLLOWING GOd's WORD? HEBREWS 3:6-19 warns us that those who do not enter into God's REST are those who do not BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. They did not enter into God's rest because of their UNBELIEF and SINS.
Im not breaking Gods commandment. There are things God wants me to do but resting isnt one of them.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Im not breaking Gods commandment. There are things God wants me to do but resting isnt one of them.

That is not what God's WORD says. God's 4th Commandment of the 10 commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is *ROMANS 3:20

EXODUS 20:8-11
[8], Remember the SABBATH DAY, to KEEP IT HOLY. <Why?> Because God made it Holy for mankind and commands us to keep it as a Holy day)
[9], Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work:
[10], But the SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: <WHY>
[11], For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the SEVENTH DAY: wherefore the LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH, and HALLOWED IT.

KNOWINGLY breaking any one of the 10 commandments is sin in God's eyes *JAMES 2:10-11.

Upvote 0