USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Which 'church'? And further still, can you demonstrate this? And even further still, since there exists many many many denominations, why are they incorrect, but the one you have specifically adopted, is correct?

I'll start...

What is the 'church's' official translation to John 3:16-21?
The Orthodox Church, since she has had historical continuity since the 1st century. And the New Testament was written in Greek which was/is the language of a lot of Orthodox Communities.

Upvote 0

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
✟144,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
The Orthodox Church, since she has had historical continuity since the 1st century. And the New Testament was written in Greek which was/is the language of a lot of Orthodox Communities.

Okay, it appears you are referencing the 'original'.

What is 'this' church's stance on John 3:16-21, as it directly relates to the 'proper' method of determining salvation as a whole?

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
✟144,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
Here is an explanation of it:
Soteriology - OrthodoxWiki

I have already encountered a problem, based upon your provided link:

'Christ will judge all people exclusively on the basis of how they have served him by serving each other,'

I would assume by 'exclusive', the author means 'only'.

What happens to infants in death?

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,633.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
No it would not be logical to want an infant to die. Mostly because no one wants to see their children die.
I’d say it’s the definition of logical. To assure your child a place in eternal paradise rather than risking eternal torture seems logical if the chance to be a non Christian is relatively high. And from what I’ve heard from the majority of Christians throughout my life, a sizable percentage of people who call themselves Christian aren’t really.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I have already encountered a problem, based upon your provided link:

'Christ will judge all people exclusively on the basis of how they have served him by serving each other,'

I would assume by 'exclusive', the author means 'only'.

What happens to infants in death?
We hope God have them in His Kingdom.

Upvote 0

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
✟144,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
We hope God have them in His Kingdom.

According to the doctrine in which you apparently live by, do dead infants go to heaven?

I did not ask you what your own hopes or wishes were?

I'm asking because, again, according to your doctrine, in which you state is the 'correct' doctrine, do they go to heaven, or hell?

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
According to the doctrine in which you apparently live by, do dead infants go to heaven?

I did not ask you what your own hopes or wishes were?

I'm asking because, again, according to your doctrine, in which you state is the 'correct' doctrine, do they go to heaven, or hell?
We don't say anything about the salvation of anyone. Like Paul said, "I don't even judge myself". Plus, heaven and hell are ways in which we experience God's love, so I don't know how that works on infants.

Upvote 0

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
✟144,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
We don't say anything about the salvation of anyone. Like Paul said, "I don't even judge myself". Plus, heaven and hell are ways in which we experience God's love, so I don't know how that works on infants.

I'm not asking you to judge either. I'm asking you, according the to presented believed doctrine, does a baby go to heaven? The doctrine appears pretty clear on this point. And again, I'm not asking what you wish for, or for you to lay your own judgement. I'm asking, based upon the understood doctrine, in which you have adopted, do dead infants go to heaven?

Upvote 0

Chriliman

Everything I need to be joyful is right here
May 22, 2015
✟163,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not asking you to judge either. I'm asking you, according the to presented believed doctrine, does a baby go to heaven? The doctrine appears pretty clear on this point. And again, I'm not asking what you wish for, or for you to lay your own judgement. I'm asking, based upon the understood doctrine, in which you have adopted, do dead infants go to heaven?

Where in scripture does it teach on the fate of infants who are incapable of belief anyway?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
✟144,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
Where in scripture does it teach on the fate of infants who are incapable of belief anyway?

Please check post #24. The poster provided a link to provide/address the 'correct' doctrine to follow. In this doctrine, it specifies the terms:

Thus, following this conclusion, it seems pretty clear, as to the fate of toddlers/infants.

Not my words, the direct words of the criteria given for heaven's acceptance.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
My doctrine says that we don't know, that it is God who judges.

Upvote 0

Chriliman

Everything I need to be joyful is right here
May 22, 2015
✟163,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please check post #24. The poster provided a link to provide/address the 'correct' doctrine to follow. In this doctrine, it specifies the terms:

Thus, following this conclusion, it seems pretty clear, as to the fate of toddlers/infants.

Not my words, the direct words of the criteria given for heaven's acceptance.

If we assume God is reasonable at all, I’m sure we can conclude the above would logically exclude those who are incapable of serving others.

Upvote 0

Eight Foot Manchild

His Supreme Holy Correctfulness
Sep 9, 2010
Somerville, MA, USA
✟147,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No one goes to heaven. And not just because it doesn't exist.

I could not call it 'heaven' if I was there with the knowledge that people I knew and loved in life are burning in hell forever.

The stock response is usually something like, 'you will be made into a new person, to the glory of god, so you won't think of those people'.

Well, then it's not me anymore.

So, no one goes to heaven. Not even if it exists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I could not call it 'heaven' if I was there with the knowledge that people I knew and loved in life are burning in hell forever.

The stock response is usually something like, 'you will be made into a new person, to the glory of god, so you won't think of those people'.

I have a list of about ten reasons the existence of the Christian god is illogical, and this is top three for sure.

Upvote 0

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
✟144,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
My doctrine says that we don't know, that it is God who judges.

This is the point @David Cabrera

What be your conclusion about the claimed justice of God IF you found out that people incapable of such were sent to hell?

According to scripture, it's a possibility.

Upvote 0

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
✟144,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
If we assume God is reasonable at all, I’m sure we can conclude the above would logically exclude those who are incapable of serving others.

And what if the people, whom are incapable of servings others, are sent to hell? Is this conclusion just? This is also the point I'm trying to present to @David Cabrera

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,633.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married

I suppose you could argue that the only true Christians, the only ones who get into Heaven, are those that would rejoice knowing people are being tortured forever.

Seems to be the only way it would work...

Upvote 0

Eight Foot Manchild

His Supreme Holy Correctfulness
Sep 9, 2010
Somerville, MA, USA
✟147,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I suppose you could argue that the only true Christians, the only ones who get into Heaven, are those that would rejoice knowing people are being tortured forever.

Seems to be the only way it would work...

That just sounds like two different hells to me. One for all the people who are tortured forever for not believing the right thing at the moment of death, and one for all the repugnant, garbage people who think that's a good thing.

So again, no one goes to heaven.

Last edited:
Upvote 0