Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trying to insinuate these wildfires in the west are caused by global warming is slanderous and false shame on you.
Science begins with observations. All of these observations are interrelated. In the future if you want to claim I am connecting the fires in the Western states of the US to climate change please use this post.

Global Temperature rise

The planet's average surface temperature has risen about 1.62 degrees Fahrenheit (0.9 degrees Celsius) since the late 19th century, a change driven largely by increased carbon dioxide and other human-made emissions into the atmosphere.4 Most of the warming occurred in the past 35 years, with the six warmest years on record taking place since 2014. Not only was 2016 the warmest year on record, but eight of the 12 months that make up the year — from January through September, with the exception of June — were the warmest on record for those respective months. 5

This is surely related to droughts and fires. By itself it doesn't "cause" the fires as we haven't risen to spontaneous combustion, but with increased heat you can get more evaporation, more drying and dry vegetation will burn easier.

Warming Ocean

The oceans have absorbed much of this increased heat, with the top 700 meters (about 2,300 feet) of ocean showing warming of more than 0.4 degrees Fahrenheit since 1969.6

This is related to the size, frequency and damage from storms. We can expect bigger, stronger and more frequent hurricanes, tropical storms, tropical depressions and rain events.

Glacial Retreat

Glaciers are retreating almost everywhere around the world — including in the Alps, Himalayas, Andes, Rockies, Alaska and Africa.8

This has a direct impact on these fires. As glacial ice retreats from highlands there is less melt water in the spring and summer causing the forest to dry.

Decreased Snow Cover

Satellite observations reveal that the amount of spring snow cover in the Northern Hemisphere has decreased over the past five decades and that the snow is melting earlier.9

This has a direct impact on these fires. As snow cover decreases there is less melt water in the spring causing the forest to dry.

Declining Arctic Sea Ice

Both the extent and thickness of Arctic sea ice has declined rapidly over the last several decades.11

This also has an impact on ocean currents and weather patterns. It also results in a negative feedback loop because ice reflects the sunlight out into space and ocean water absorbs the sunlight as heat. As Ice sheets shrink the warming effect of the sun on the Earth increases.

Extreme Events

The number of record high temperature events in the United States has been increasing, while the number of record low temperature events has been decreasing, since 1950. The U.S. has also witnessed increasing numbers of intense rainfall events.12

Keeping track of the number, size, intensity of these events gives us a way to gauge the impact that rising temperature globally is having on our weather. By definition if a "100 year event" starts happening every 10 years the climate has changed.

Evidence | Facts – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet

• Useful
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"You people"? Please find a post from me where I was "Russia Russia Russia", you won't find it. This post is slanderous, please remove that insinuation concerning me, it has nothing to do with this thread and is baseless.

That said I want to thank you for the video. My sister lives in Boulder and a fire has just come over the hill to where she lives, maybe this video can cheer her up.
We should expect Russians disinformation will arrive here on CF.

Usually 2nd hand by people repeating disinformation they heard, but which is spread (or repeated) by Russian disinformation operations.

Sanctions, Charges And Disclosures Whirl In U.S. Bid To Defend 2020 Election

So, since you report true facts, you will likely have people claim the facts are false somehow, because those individuals have believed the disinformation, and feel convinced by it.

One important help to us is to pray the Lord's Prayer each day!

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The weather here on the left coast has gotten cooler in the last 40 years since I arrived.

In 2019, anyone in the U.S. not in the deep Southeast could feel there isn't much warming.

The West Coast in 2019 compared to 30 years averaged together of 1951 - 1980:

Shows not much warming...locally, in 2019

global_gis_2019_lrg.png

NASA Earth Observatory, 2019 the Second Warmest Year on Record

The heat was elsewhere, in 2019.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We should expect Russians disinformation will arrive here on CF.

Usually 2nd hand by people repeating disinformation they heard, but which is spread (or repeated) by Russian disinformation operations.

Sanctions, Charges And Disclosures Whirl In U.S. Bid To Defend 2020 Election

So, since you report true facts, you will likely have people claim the facts are false somehow, because those individuals have believed the disinformation, and feel convinced by it.

One important help to us is to pray the Lord's Prayer each day!
This post was made in error. Sorry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Extreme Events

The number of record high temperature events in the United States has been increasing, while the number of record low temperature events has been decreasing, since 1950. The U.S. has also witnessed increasing numbers of intense rainfall events.12

Keeping track of the number, size, intensity of these events gives us a way to gauge the impact that rising temperature globally is having on our weather. By definition if a "100 year event" starts happening every 10 years the climate has changed.

This last point I think is especially useful to explain to people more often!

Upvote 0

johneb

Aug 10, 2020
bend
✟17,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Science begins with observations. All of these observations are interrelated. In the future if you want to claim I am connecting the fires in the Western states of the US to climate change please use this post.

Global Temperature rise

The planet's average surface temperature has risen about 1.62 degrees Fahrenheit (0.9 degrees Celsius) since the late 19th century, a change driven largely by increased carbon dioxide and other human-made emissions into the atmosphere.4 Most of the warming occurred in the past 35 years, with the six warmest years on record taking place since 2014. Not only was 2016 the warmest year on record, but eight of the 12 months that make up the year — from January through September, with the exception of June — were the warmest on record for those respective months. 5

This is surely related to droughts and fires. By itself it doesn't "cause" the fires as we haven't risen to spontaneous combustion, but with increased heat you can get more evaporation, more drying and dry vegetation will burn easier.

Warming Ocean

The oceans have absorbed much of this increased heat, with the top 700 meters (about 2,300 feet) of ocean showing warming of more than 0.4 degrees Fahrenheit since 1969.6

This is related to the size, frequency and damage from storms. We can expect bigger, stronger and more frequent hurricanes, tropical storms, tropical depressions and rain events.

Glacial Retreat

Glaciers are retreating almost everywhere around the world — including in the Alps, Himalayas, Andes, Rockies, Alaska and Africa.8

This has a direct impact on these fires. As glacial ice retreats from highlands there is less melt water in the spring and summer causing the forest to dry.

Decreased Snow Cover

Satellite observations reveal that the amount of spring snow cover in the Northern Hemisphere has decreased over the past five decades and that the snow is melting earlier.9

This has a direct impact on these fires. As snow cover decreases there is less melt water in the spring causing the forest to dry.

Declining Arctic Sea Ice

Both the extent and thickness of Arctic sea ice has declined rapidly over the last several decades.11

This also has an impact on ocean currents and weather patterns. It also results in a negative feedback loop because ice reflects the sunlight out into space and ocean water absorbs the sunlight as heat. As Ice sheets shrink the warming effect of the sun on the Earth increases.

Extreme Events

Canadian Wildland Fire Information System | National Wildland Fire Situation Report, I wonder why Canada's fire season is well below average.
Maybe something to do with this,Wildfires Caused By Bad Environmental Policy Are Causing California Forests To Be Net CO2 Emitters
Dr Bob Zybach was warning about the increase of wildfires twenty years ago.
The build up of the fuel load as been increasing for thirty years, these fires are a result of bad policies and poor management.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Canadian Wildland Fire Information System | National Wildland Fire Situation Report, I wonder why Canada's fire season is well below average.
Maybe something to do with this,Wildfires Caused By Bad Environmental Policy Are Causing California Forests To Be Net CO2 Emitters
The build up of the fuel load as been increasing for thirty years, these fires are a result of bad policies and poor management.
I have already responded to this.
Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 1.36.06 PM.png

Notice the Wet and Dry belts. The equator is a wet belt which is why we have tropical rainforests like the Amazon there. 60 degrees North is also a wet belt, so the forests in Canada are much wetter than the zone closer to 30 degrees which is a dry belt. The Southern border of the US is about 30 degrees North, a dry belt, the Northern border of the US is around 45 degrees North, so we are more than halfway towards the wet belt, the temperate rain forest.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Ah, that's right.

And....of course, the other or more important ingredient -- dry fuel. The most key cause is dryness.

Nice, dry fuel --
(any area that is yellow to red is in special drought conditions, but of course areas that naturally have little rainfall in certain months to begin with are dry in certain months even without drought condition):

usdroughtmonitor-weekly-ndmc--web--2020-09-08.png

Drought Monitor | NOAA Climate.gov

So....make sense?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Look for yourself on Canada.

Is Canada in drought like the U.S. West?....

202007_nadm-en.png

North American Drought Monitor

Upvote 0

johneb

Aug 10, 2020
bend
✟17,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Look for yourself on Canada.

Is Canada in drought like the U.S. West?....

202007_nadm-en.png

North American Drought Monitor
Droughts are nothing new, History of droughts in the U.S.. This is why we build dams so we have water during droughts and reduce flooding and have a clean way to produce electricity.
Unfortunately California, Oregon and Washington have been removing dams for decades to restore salmon runs, this is increasing the negative impacts of droughts and heavy rainfall. But don't worry these democrat ran states will tell us it's climate change and we can fix this if we only have more wind mills and plant more acres of solar panels. So when the wind doesn't blow and the sun doesn't shine we'll be left with rolling blackouts.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I thought this thread would be a good way to keep a journal of these fires. I'll try to add what we know about last years fires and data on the averages.

There was a similar thread about earthquakes as sign of end times. Guess they got bored updating it when end times didn’t come fast enough.

Which is what will happen to this thread as well.

Upvote 0

johneb

Aug 10, 2020
bend
✟17,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
5 different groups measuring global temperature, graphed.
('global temperature' means the average temperature of the entire Earth over an entire year)

agreement_gis_2019.gif

2019 Was the Second Warmest Year on Record
I disagree and here's why,
"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past."
George Orwell

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I disagree and here's why,

Nobody is going to watch 53 min video.

How about you sum the relevant points up, provide some proof with links and tell what you have concluded and why we should believe you instead of climate professionals ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There was a similar thread about earthquakes as sign of end times. Guess they got bored updating it when end times didn’t come fast enough.

Which is what will happen to this thread as well.
Good point, I'm a little busy right now but if I can I'll respond to this next week.

Upvote 0

johneb

Aug 10, 2020
bend
✟17,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nobody is going to watch 53 min video.

How about you sum the relevant points up, provide some proof with links and tell what you have concluded and why we should believe you instead of climate professionals ?
The climate record is being altered.
By climate professionals do you mean just ones that are government funded to find evidence of climate change?

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The climate record is being altered.
By climate professionals do you mean just ones that are government funded to find evidence of climate change?

What is your source ? YouTube video ? Your proof ?

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's Not Just the West. These Places Are Also on Fire.

Indonesia declared a state of emergency due to uncontrolled fires caused by humans for clearing land. Brazil has the worst fires on record burning there, again, started by humans to clear the rainforest. Argentina -- fires are out of control, it has been very dry. Australia -- worst fires in their history at the beginning of the year.

Upvote 0