Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
QUOTE="Applekrate, post: 71157304, member: 396794"]I am Blessed with good health, not over weight, never smoked or abused alky, etc.
For some time now, have been watching my fat and sodium intakes, etc.

With that said, it looks like my main vice is soda and Mountain Dew varieties in particular. I know that is not the worst thing but, do wish to look into other things to drink that I will enjoy. Just love the flavors of mtn Dew. Switched to the diet versions, for the most part, after I learned that they do not promote tooth decay like regular sodas.
People say to drink water. that is easy to say and I do but, really would like to find something else to drink and enjoy that is better for me than Mtn Dew.
Any ideas for this Mtn Dew addict?
BTW- the 3rd ingredient in Mtn Dew is orange juice. not sure how many know that.
[/QUOTE

Experimented / experiment :

distilled water (necessary for good health),
effervescent vitamin packets (very very convenient and inexpensive)
coffee
(made with distilled water, add honey, molasses, calm powder, vitamin packet, acv, etc (other healthy adjuncts) .... )

fresh squeezed lemon , or store bought even (better by far than soda or milk, which avoid) ...

herbal tea (very wide variety all good)...

thanks but, too complicated for me. am a bachelor and not in the kitchen much. want something very fast/easy to make or easy to buy. I'd rather be out working on my hot rods or boats than in the kitchen.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
thank for the reply but, those things are too complicated for me. I like to work on cars and boats and other toys and want something AI can buy and drink that is not too expensive. something in the soda price range. I do not even cook anymore, too much trouble for one person. green tea I like and do drink it but, my understanding is the caffiene is what I am trying to avoid by cutting the Mtn Dew. tea probably has as much. not sure

Green tea bags....they come decaffeinated too.....make it ahead, put it in the fridge, and then put it in personal size containers.

Upvote 0

Applekrate

Site Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Water. ^_^

Joke aside I drink Lipton Raspberry Tea (the big canned ones). Its great tasting. Though still has sugar in it. Outside of that I drink fruit drinks like Apple Juice, mixed fruit huice...etc. Oh Cranberry juice.

my understanding is most of the stuff you drink of hard on your teeth and that would not appear to me. Going to the dentist is not my favorite thing so, try to take the best care of my mouth I can, hence the diet sodas

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity. Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones. (Proverbs 3:1-8, 1984 NIV)

The fact that one's relationship to God affects a person's health is in a number of other places in Scripture (e.g., Deuteronomy 5:16, Isaiah 58:2-8) If one is concerned about his or her diet and is devoted to the Lord, the Lord will guide that person to healthy habits.

If you are in good health (e.g., not poor or fair), IMO, drinking a soda or two a day is not going to harm you. If you are not unusually prone to cavities, even drinking sugared soda is not necessarily going to harm you/your teeth (acidic things also harm your teeth, btw). In general, I'd be more concerned about the added calories possibly contributing to weight gain.

Reactions: Applekrate
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
thanks but, too complicated for me. am a bachelor and not in the kitchen much. want something very fast/easy to make or easy to buy. I'd rather be out working on my hot rods or boats than in the kitchen.
NOT all at once - those were a dozen ideas any one of which is easy by itself
and all together or alone is helpful for health and etc
especially to avoid getting worse daily,
and to avoid getting to the point of needing 'toxin for toxin' type thing...

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Going to the dentist is not my favorite thing so
Avoid that which causes cavities yes, this
becomes especially obvious after a few years ,
healthier teeth and better health over all.
a lot of info online about this and the american scandal of nafl.

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,887.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
An FYI for those drinking the "teas" out of cans or bottles, they are no better than going ahead and drinking a can of pop (soda) whatever ya call it. :p

I prefer green with matcha tea. I'll drink pretty much any herbal tea without adding ANY sugary product at all. It all has its own natural taste and can curb the cravings for sugar.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I hear that stuff is bad for you. That regular sugar is healthier.
I seriously doubt that. Sugar isn't "healthy". There is so much of the stuff in any given store bought food that any additional sugar is too much.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I lke tea but, thought that is bad too because of caffiene. no?
If you only drink regular green or black tea, you get some caffeine, but nothing that is harmfull for the body. And if you drink stuff like herb or fruit infusions, they don't have any caffeine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Applekrate

Site Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You can make your own soda infused with anything you want from absolute scratch, or by machine.

There are "soda" machines for the home that provide soda water and flavor packets. You can add your own sugar.

Or, you can make your own soda from scratch by using a carbonate and an organic acid - like bicarbonate and acetatw, citrate, malate, etc. Mixing sodium bicarbonate and acetic acid will give you water, carbon dioxide, and a small mixture of acetate and acetic acid (or the respective conjugate acid/base.) They need to be weak acids and bases. Then, using the fact that carbon dioxide dissolves more in a solution the colder it is, you can mix, blend and "soda" a lot of homemade juices and drinks. I don't know about a mountain dew flavor... but you can certainly come close to it with natural flavors.

Real natural flavors - not petroleum, bug juice or some other chemical monstrosity (as, this is natural too.)

thank you but, sounds complicated. I am a bachelor and not in the kitchen much. I just want something to drink, do not want to manufacture it

• Haha
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm on the tea bandwagon, I sweeten mine with honey.
Make it by the gallon and keep it in fridge, so all I have to do is run it out of the tap.
Picture Sy Robertson, except I don't carry around the tupperware cup

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
my understanding is most of the stuff you drink of hard on your teeth and that would not appear to me. Going to the dentist is not my favorite thing so, try to take the best care of my mouth I can, hence the diet sodas
Dies soda is actually worse for you then regular soda. Teeth wise I cut back all soda because of cavities. And now I have to far back wisdom teeth that have black tarter on them. Which is very bad and means deep cleaning at the dentist. Which means cutting, massive bleeding, massive pain. I am not happy about it at all. Its especially why I am sticking to mainly water and brushing more.

• Agree
Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Diet soda is actually worse for you then regular soda. Teeth wise I cut back all soda because of cavities. And now I have to far back wisdom teeth that have black tarter on them. Which is very bad and means deep cleaning at the dentist. Which means cutting, massive bleeding, massive pain. I am not happy about it at all. Its especially why I am sticking to mainly water and brushing more.
Look for a while into options if you have time.
There are or may be many. (usually several to chose)
(look outside the usual box - if you look in the same box all the time, you will always find the same thing)

Reactions: Applekrate
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
hmmmmm, know nothing of this, may have to look into it. thank you
https://www.paleohacks.com/sparking-water/flavored-sparkling-water-too-good-to-be-true-16654
Lots of apparent okay, as well as several warnings on page.
excerpt:
"...I just finished a 30 day clean paleo challenge - 100% strict. i just tried the la croix water after the 30 days - i am really in-tune with my body right now and i can tell this stuff did more negative than positive. my throat feels dry, and i want more water... i'll stick to real mineral water for sure... and add a squeeze from a lime if i want flavor.

Over All: La Croix - PALEO FAIL. "

Upvote 0

Applekrate

Site Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Dies soda is actually worse for you then regular soda. Teeth wise I cut back all soda because of cavities. And now I have to far back wisdom teeth that have black tarter on them. Which is very bad and means deep cleaning at the dentist. Which means cutting, massive bleeding, massive pain. I am not happy about it at all. Its especially why I am sticking to mainly water and brushing more.

how is diet soda worse for you than sugared soda? sugared soda promotes tooth decay and I have been told by dental hygentist that diet soda does not promote tooth decay.
please explain, perhaps you know more on the subject than I do. thank you

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
how is diet soda worse for you than sugared soda?
S&g&r (all the studies ever done) causes cavities, memory loss, and muscle weakness and tiredness ...
Ph&sph&tes too, or something , in soda, a lot of bad stuff it does.

The other ? never studied - all the health food places / shows pointed out this though and I just took their word for it...
(lots of problems considered worse) >>
how is diet soda worse for you than sugared soda? at DuckDuckGo

Upvote 0