US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
yes but they can be hard on your teeth as I understand it. Also, much more expensive than soda. I buy the 2 litre Mtn Dews on sale from 77cents to a buck.

I like tea and can drink the unsweetened kind but, that has caffiene which is supposed to be bad for you and for b pressure.
Tea without caffiene is a great opinion. You can use honey instead of sugar.

Upvote 0

Applekrate

Site Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Was at the market today shopping and ended up buying a gallon of OJ. Will use it to mix in my Mtn Dew, say 10-50%. That way I am drinking less Mtn Dew and more oj and they taste great together. I did this a few years back hen forgot about it.

Upvote 0

Applekrate

Site Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hmm. Would something like flavored Sparkling Water work for you?

was shopping around at Walmart yesterday and saw all the sparkling water. This must be what you are mentioning? Anyway, I did buy a few different flavors and am trying them...

Upvote 0

Jamminontha1

Jun 29, 2017
Vallejo
✟11,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am Blessed with good health, not over weight, never smoked or abused alky, etc.
For some time now, have been watching my fat and sodium intakes, etc.

With that said, it looks like my main vice is soda and Mountain Dew varieties in particular. I know that is not the worst thing but, do wish to look into other things to drink that I will enjoy. Just love the flavors of mtn Dew. Switched to the diet versions, for the most part, after I learned that they do not promote tooth decay like regular sodas.
People say to drink water. that is easy to say and I do but, really would like to find something else to drink and enjoy that is better for me than Mtn Dew.
Any ideas for this Mtn Dew addict?
BTW- the 3rd ingredient in Mtn Dew is orange juice. not sure how many know that.

I used to drink club soda with limes and lemons and a dash of sugar. Taste like a healthier 7-up or sprite.

Reactions: Applekrate
Upvote 0

Applekrate

Site Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I tried this and have started drinking it. For ingredients is says- carbonated water and natural flavoring.

For those in the know, what do you think of this as a healthy option to my diet mtn dew addiction?
It's even cheaper than the soda, comes in 2 litre bottles, etc. meet my criteria as long as it is much better for me than diet dew

rsz_dscf2497.jpg

Attachments

• rsz_dscf2498.jpg
    rsz_dscf2498.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I tried this and have started drinking it. For ingredients is says- carbonated water and natural flavoring.

For those in the know, what do you think of this as a healthy option to my diet mtn dew addiction?
It's even cheaper than the soda, comes in 2 litre bottles, etc. meet my criteria as long as it is much better for me than diet dew
Does the "natural flavoring contain artificial sweeteners, sugars, sugar alcohols, fructose, or high fructose corn syup, or corn syrup? If so, it's the same thing as your mountain dew.

Upvote 0

Applekrate

Site Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Does the "natural flavoring contain artificial sweeteners, sugars, sugar alcohols, fructose, or high fructose corn syup, or corn syrup? If so, it's the same thing as your mountain dew.

it says - fat 0, sodium 0, carbs 0, sugars 0, etc.
rsz_dscf2498.jpg

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
it says - fat 0, sodium 0, carbs 0, sugars 0, etc.
Yes, I see. It also says it contains Natural Flavors, which is extremely vague. If it is sweet, my guess is that "Natural Flavors" includes sugar alcohols or something "natural" like Stevia, and artificial sweetener, which is also bad for you. But you'll have to make up your own mind. For one thing, only you know how sweet it is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

simplySummer

Jul 9, 2017
Northern Ca.
✟15,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love Zevia. It is made using Stevia that is an all natural sweetener but no calories. Rootbeer is my favorite. You can find it at Wholefoods, Sprouts and Nugget. They have grape, orange, Dr. Zevia, Cola and some others. I'm a big time (green) tea drinker but some times it's nice to have something with carbonation.

Upvote 0