Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am Blessed with good health, not over weight, never smoked or abused alky, etc.
For some time now, have been watching my fat and sodium intakes, etc.

With that said, it looks like my main vice is soda and Mountain Dew varieties in particular. I know that is not the worst thing but, do wish to look into other things to drink that I will enjoy. Just love the flavors of mtn Dew. Switched to the diet versions, for the most part, after I learned that they do not promote tooth decay like regular sodas.
People say to drink water. that is easy to say and I do but, really would like to find something else to drink and enjoy that is better for me than Mtn Dew.
Any ideas for this Mtn Dew addict?
BTW- the 3rd ingredient in Mtn Dew is orange juice. not sure how many know that.

• Informative
Reactions: brinny

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am Blessed with good health, not over weight, never smoked or abused alky, etc.

With that said, it looks like my main vice is soda and Mountain Dew varieties in particular. I know that is not the worst thing but, do wish to look into other things to drink that I will enjoy. Just love the flavors of mtn Dew. Switched to the diet versions, for the most part, after I learned that they do not promote tooth decay like regular sodas.
People say to drink water. that is easy to say and I do but, really would like to find something else to drink and enjoy that is better for me than Mtn Dew.
BTW- the 3rd ingredient in Mtn Dew is orange juice. not sure how many know that.
I was going to recommend orange juice or grape juice. Those are two of my favorites.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Sweet tea. It's still sugary, but you lose the carbonation and the high fructose corn syrup and other unnatural ingredients. I've managed to wean myself down to half sweet but still can't drink unsweet tea. Plus it's super cheap to make.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟489,034.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
As i have gained some weight the last few years, I switched my usual soda consumption to diet soda. Together with some more exercise helped me lose weight without really doing anything different or missing out on anything.

I'd suggest you stick with the diet versions. Perhaps mix it up with some tea, which is basically tap water with flavor anyway.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟489,034.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Sweet tea. It's still sugary, but you lose the carbonation and the high fructose corn syrup and other unnatural ingredients. I've managed to wean myself down to half sweet but still can't drink unsweet tea. Plus it's super cheap to make.
I actually can't drink unsweetened tea, too, but I just use sweetener instead. A pretty big amount, too (three pieces in each cup).

Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟28,661.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Store water in your fridge for a few hours so as to make it taste even more delicious! But before hand, slice open a few lemons/limes squeeze all of the juices out and throw those fruit in there! It can be done with any fruit to be honest - a colourful mess! But more importantly it tastes too darn delicious.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟326,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know going from sugary soda to water seems impossible, but not only do doctors recommend it but you eventually get to a point where you forget soda even exists. I haven't drank any soda in 4-5 months and don't miss it. The alternatives to soda really aren't much better they all have something you probably don't want in your body. But water only isn't for everyone but I have found it beneficial to my life.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,895.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
green tea, in steam distilled water, with honey and a bit o' lemon juice....

also, if you like volcano-like beverages, you can take half a glass o' distilled water, squeeze half a lemon in there and put 1/8-1/4 tsp of baking soda in there, watch it bubble up in a most wondrous way, and then guzzle it down....

it's wunnerfully healing fer one's immune system and alkalizes the body.

Upvote 0

Left

Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟59,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
This is good stuff if you don't mind no sugar or sweetener...

20170420_152550.jpg

Find it in the water section.

/notanadvertisement

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE="Applekrate, post: 71157304, member: 396794"]I am Blessed with good health, not over weight, never smoked or abused alky, etc.

[/QUOTE

Experimented / experiment :

distilled water (necessary for good health),
effervescent vitamin packets (very very convenient and inexpensive)
coffee
(made with distilled water, add honey, molasses, calm powder, vitamin packet, acv, etc (other healthy adjuncts) .... )

fresh squeezed lemon , or store bought even (better by far than soda or milk, which avoid) ...

herbal tea (very wide variety all good)...

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I actually can't drink unsweetened tea, too, but I just use sweetener instead. A pretty big amount, too (three pieces in each cup).
I hear that stuff is bad for you. That regular sugar is healthier.

Upvote 0

Applekrate

Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was going to recommend orange juice or grape juice. Those are two of my favorites.
yes but they can be hard on your teeth as I understand it. Also, much more expensive than soda. I buy the 2 litre Mtn Dews on sale from 77cents to a buck.

I like tea and can drink the unsweetened kind but, that has caffiene which is supposed to be bad for you and for b pressure.

Upvote 0

Applekrate

Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

At times, I even mix OJ with Mtn Dew ( got the idea from Taco Bell ). Anywhere from 10-50%. It tastes great but, adds to cost and complexity to drink something

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Applekrate

Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I lke tea but, thought that is bad too because of caffiene. no?

Upvote 0

Applekrate

Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I know going from sugary soda to water seems impossible, but not only do doctors recommend it but you eventually get to a point where you forget soda even exists. I haven't drank any soda in 4-5 months and don't miss it. The alternatives to soda really aren't much better they all have something you probably don't want in your body. But water only isn't for everyone but I have found it beneficial to my life.

I was that way with TV when I quit 10 years ago. Thought I would never miss it but, do not miss it a bit. Soda, Mtn Dew, I just really enjoy the flavor and it goes with me everywhere. just not sure how bad it is.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

You can make your own soda infused with anything you want from absolute scratch, or by machine.

There are "soda" machines for the home that provide soda water and flavor packets. You can add your own sugar.

Or, you can make your own soda from scratch by using a carbonate and an organic acid - like bicarbonate and acetatw, citrate, malate, etc. Mixing sodium bicarbonate and acetic acid will give you water, carbon dioxide, and a small mixture of acetate and acetic acid (or the respective conjugate acid/base.) They need to be weak acids and bases. Then, using the fact that carbon dioxide dissolves more in a solution the colder it is, you can mix, blend and "soda" a lot of homemade juices and drinks. I don't know about a mountain dew flavor... but you can certainly come close to it with natural flavors.

Real natural flavors - not petroleum, bug juice or some other chemical monstrosity (as, this is natural too.)

Upvote 0

Applekrate

Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
green tea, in steam distilled water, with honey and a bit o' lemon juice....

also, if you like volcano-like beverages, you can take half a glass o' distilled water, squeeze half a lemon in there and put 1/8-1/4 tsp of baking soda in there, watch it bubble up in a most wondrous way, and then guzzle it down....

it's wunnerfully healing fer one's immune system and alkalizes the body.

thank for the reply but, those things are too complicated for me. I like to work on cars and boats and other toys and want something AI can buy and drink that is not too expensive. something in the soda price range. I do not even cook anymore, too much trouble for one person. green tea I like and do drink it but, my understanding is the caffiene is what I am trying to avoid by cutting the Mtn Dew. tea probably has as much. not sure

Upvote 0