Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
How can the government force every health insurance company to go gout of business wiht so many jobs on the line if they do? They need to figure out a way to create new jobs for those people to lessen a huge impact on the economy when the health care system is finally corrected.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
And we want more government control?

How much money do you pay in federal taxes annually?
How much money do you pay to health insurance companies?

If the latter is higher, you should not complain about taxes.

Single payer health care does not let the government decide which drugs you can take, which doctors you can have, etc. Health insurance companies do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Andrew Yang's Forward Party
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is obviously the government's fault. There is nothing Mark can do except fill out forms and make phone calls. Been there done that.

I would not be surprised if the original intent of Medicaid was to provide medical care for people who can not otherwise afford it.

But it is now an enormous pile of rules and regulations beyond comprehension. One of the problems I've had calling staff particularly at Medicare was they didn't know their own regulations, even the most basic parts. Phone calls get long because for every question the person on the phone has to go ask a supervisor.

I did find out that when I do reach 40 credits and can then get Medicare, I will get a heavy penalty for not joining when I turned 65. I explained that I shouldn't be penalized for not doing something I could not do, but was told 'that's the rules'.

In other words the minions making the rules have the real power

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
'to provide medical care for people who can not otherwise afford it'

has turned into:

Sec. 1905. [42 U.S.C. 1396d] For purposes of this title—

(a) The term “medical assistance” means payment of part or all of the cost of the following care and services or the care and services themselves, or both (if provided in or after the third month before the month in which the recipient makes application for assistance or, in the case of medicare cost-sharing with respect to a qualified medicare beneficiary described in subsection (p)(1), if provided after the month in which the individual becomes such a beneficiary) for individuals, and, with respect to physicians’ or dentists’ services, at the option of the State, to individuals (other than individuals with respect to whom there is being paid, or who are eligible, or would be eligible if they were not in a medical institution, to have paid with respect to them a State supplementary payment and are eligible for medical assistance equal in amount, duration, and scope to the medical assistance made available to individuals described in section 1902(a)(10)(A)) not receiving aid or assistance under any plan of the State approved under title I, X, XIV, or XVI, or part A of title IV, and with respect to whom supplemental security income benefits are not being paid under title XVI, who are -

etc., this is just a tiny piece of the legislation that exists.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

It looks to me like there are several parts to the government, often working in opposite directions to each other.

The President will be held to account for what gets done or not done

Congress has to do what the Lobbyists want or they will not have the funds to get re elected.

The bureaucratic minions make themselves necessary by producing complex regulations no body else understands

The Fourth Estate (media) lies about everything that matters and confuses everyone, no I really mean everyone. A lot of the terminology used is so ambiguous it doesn't mean anything at all, and in other cases it is crossed over and means the opposite of what is actually going on.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
OK, what I am seeing here is the letter writer does not know how to use bullets to make reading different options or exceptions much easier. This is inexcusable because we have our own button for that.

• Agree
Reactions: MorkandMindy
Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes I agree, which is why a for profit healthcare system doesn’t work - it adds extra cost that many people can’t afford.

In my own experience it has been a total disaster, a medical system run purely to make money is just like half the garages in the country, claiming things need to be done that don't need to be done and causing a lot of un necessary grief. I'd say that's number one worst idea there's ever been and has to go,

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In my own experience it has been a total disaster, a medical system run purely to make money is just like half the garages in the country, claiming things need to be done that don't need to be done and causing a lot of un necessary grief. I'd say that's number one worst idea there's ever been and has to go,

and I think the public agrees. Donald Trump and if I recall correctly, Barack Obama before him both tried first thing after becoming President to bring in an efficient simple system, but of course the massive profits are due to the inefficiency of the present system so Congress which gets a tiny cut in those massive profits opposed the Presidents in both cases. It almost cost B Obama his second term and may very well cost D Trump his.
I don’t think Donald trump did anything to move away from for profit insurance. He didn’t even have a plan.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
and I think the public agrees. Donald Trump and if I recall correctly, Barack Obama before him both tried first thing after becoming President to bring in an efficient simple system, but of course the massive profits are due to the inefficiency of the present system so Congress which gets a tiny cut in those massive profits opposed the Presidents in both cases. It almost cost B Obama his second term and may very well cost D Trump his.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don’t think Donald trump did anything to move away from for profit insurance. He didn’t even have a plan.

If there's no one on our side then we really have a problem. :sigh:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

The same man who promised he will overhaul "Obamacare" on Day 1 literally gave up after Congress was unable to pass one several bills. While Republicans tried to cut Medicare Trump was tackling North Korea. After John McCain effectively ruined the Senate's plans, Trump stopped talking about health care.

Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
and I think the public agrees. Donald Trump and if I recall correctly, Barack Obama before him both tried first thing after becoming President to bring in an efficient simple system, but of course the massive profits are due to the inefficiency of the present system so Congress which gets a tiny cut in those massive profits opposed the Presidents in both cases. It almost cost Barack Obama his second term and may very well cost Donald Trump his.

Donald Trump's second term will be prevented by what is going on right now in Congress.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If there's no one on our side then we really have a problem. :sigh:
All of the democratic candidates are proposing drastic improvements to healthcare access and affordability. And I think most of them are on the side of the people, which is a refreshing change!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
All of the Democratic candidates are proposing drastic improvements to healthcare access and affordability. And I think most of them are on the side of the people, which is a refreshing change!

This is why I am a Democrat. They care about the same people Jesus does and will do anything to help. I will never understand why Republicans think for-profit health insurance companies are more important to America than their clients.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

At present overall the US healthcare system is government controlled

I can't buy my blood pressure pills from Mexico and bring them here because the government won't allow me to.

I can't get my prescription from a Mexican doctor filled here at a US pharmacy because the government won't allow me to.

And for the word 'Mexican' you can substitute any other country in the World.

The government restricts free competition, we certainly do not have a free market

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

It would work if the government was held responsible and controlled the right things.

I'm not on the side of either party though I will have to decide at the next election who looks likely to give the best results.

A lot of countries all over the World negotiate good prices for pharmaceuticals for example, but the US pays out a lot more because the lobbyists want it that way. Basically I can see some people wouldn't want the US government in charge of the medical system because some people like Elizabeth Warren would use the power not to get better value for money but to pay out even more - she proposed an increase of 52 Trillion for the next ten years.

No, we just wouldn't trust OUR government.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Mark, who said you need to get your medications from Mexico instead of the USA? I doubt Medicare does.

The government has no control over Humana telling my mom I can't take the right epilepsy pills. Humana has the right to decide I must take two 25 mg pills instead of one 50 mg pills of exactly the same drug. It makes no sense. I have to take 5 pills of the same drug a day because of HUMANA. Not the government's rules, their rules. We need more government control to stop letting companies select the pills people take and put those decisions in the hands of their clients.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Mark, who said you need to get your medications from Mexico instead of the USA? I doubt Medicare does.

Hi! I'm Mork actually, it was my nickname because I was a lot like Mork from MorkandMindy.

Replying to just the first part: I don't have a prescription from a US doctor. When I first came to the country I had one from a British doctor but that was not accepted. That's government regulations. The doctor I went to most recently was a PA and would cost a small fortune, so I'm going to try to get indigent cover.

As for the second part, Humana can only get away with being a pain because the structure of Medicare it fits into is within the overall rules the government makes.

but I really don't understand the system and as well as that I think there could soon be a big drop in cost of primary medical because I don't really think there is a need for as many doctors as there are in primary care.

I also think I might be part of the problem because I only just looked on the Internet for cheap clinics in Albuquerque and it looks like there are now a lot more than there were last time I looked

Upvote 0