• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

angelatk

Apr 25, 2018
Tarpon Springs
✟15,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone. I was just wondering if anyone on here has been healed of schizophrenia through prayer or an encounter with God. I recently read that Jesus is a healer. In the bible, He healed everyone that came to Him. He didn't give anyone a disease either, He always healed. I also read that by talking with someone who has been through something similar there is a grace extended through their ministry to heal you.

• Friendly
Reactions: JCFantasy23

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello everyone. I was just wondering if anyone on here has been healed of schizophrenia through prayer or an encounter with God. I recently read that Jesus is a healer. In the bible, He healed everyone that came to Him. He didn't give anyone a disease either, He always healed. I also read that by talking with someone who has been through something similar there is a grace extended through their ministry to heal you.
The Lord can heal anything.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yes, the Lord can heal anything, the thing is that sometimes He doesn’t use the same method to heal. For example, in my case I was having really bad anxiety, and it interfered with my gift of discernment; I was jumpy and had really bad insomnia. I prayed, got prayed for, repented, I did everything I thought could help me. Then I heard a teaching where the Pastor said sometimes we work so hard on something using the wrong tools, so no matter how much you work on that, you wont get results because the tool is not the right one; like trying to change an american tire with a german tool.

Eventually I found out the problem with my anxiety was a deficiency in magnesium, that discovery went to reveal a deeper problem that was being cause by my bad eating habits, so not only I am healed of the magnesium deficiency by using supplements, the Lord also is healing me of using food as a source of comfort.

But, then theres the other case, the Spiritual one, where I heard a man who’s brain was “fried” by drugs and could barely think, he started reading the Bible and his state of mind returned.

Jesus heals, I’d just be open to the many possibilities of healing. I’d pray for the solution, for the right path and the right tool. I’ve known people who wasted years waiting for God’s healing instead of going to a doctor or exercising.

Upvote 0

Gratefulnyc

Nov 24, 2018
New york
✟8,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Angela,@angelatk

I started to hearing voices when i was 25. I felt really lonely at the time. My bf just left me and I had a really bad childhood. I started to hearing all of this voices in my head and sometimes I can hear it audibly, they told me to kill myself or all of these bad thought. I got so paranoia. I throw away all sharp objects in my apartement or every dolls and painting that have an eyes on them (dooh!!!!)))!

Then I pray to God day and night ( I had a fulltime job at the time) I was still going to work everyday. But I found myself a good christian counselor psychologist and a psychiatrist. I remembered the psychiatrist prescribed me Lexapro and I also got a counseling with this christian counselor woman. I was seeing them intensely for almost 6 months. The Psychiatrist helped me in term of my physical health and the christian counselor helped me to reason my wounded heart and mind. I have never heard the voice again since then. I am 42 now. I read my bible a lot. Sang a lot. Pray a lot. It is garbage in garbage out. God can heal you !!!!!!be willing to open to the care of psychiatrist and christian counselor at the same time. God used them to heal me:) Also I needed to replace my thoughts so i memorized lots of bible verses and songs at that time.
Good luck! here is the link to get the christian counselor network in your area Counseling Services and Referrals

• Winner
Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0