Virginia
✟70,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So if I purchase a car that was used by a hit and run driver, does that mean the car is intrinsically evil, but if after being impounded by the police and resold in a police auction, does that now mean the car is just an ordinary motor vehicle?
As long as it isn't a red 1958 Plymouth Fury coupe named Christine.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟167,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
So if I purchase a car that was used by a hit and run driver, does that mean the car is intrinsically evil, but if after being impounded by the police and resold in a police auction, does that now mean the car is just an ordinary motor vehicle?
Come on Oscarr, at least give me a similar example that we've been talking to. I don't know any occultists who curse cars then sell them.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟842,699.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
As long as it isn't a red 1958 Plymouth Fury coupe named Christine.
I've been watching the 1950s TV programme "Highway Patrol" and it is fascinating to see all the big gas guzzlers people used to drive those days.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟842,699.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Come on Oscarr, at least give me a similar example that we've been talking to. I don't know any occultists who curse cars then sell them.
My point involves how an item is used rather than anything intrinsically evil in the item itself. Paul dealt with a similar issue in 1 Corinthians concerning buying food at the market which might have been offered to idols. His point is that because an idol is nothing, it does not make the food problematic in itself.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟167,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
My point involves how an item is used rather than anything intrinsically evil in the item itself. Paul dealt with a similar issue in 1 Corinthians concerning buying food at the market which might have been offered to idols. His point is that because an idol is nothing, it does not make the food problematic in itself.
I understand where you are going with that, but we are not talking about food that we ingest, we are talking about items that can be exploited against us by bad people if we are not careful. (Trying to attribute the aspect of food to an item is really not rightly dividing the word).

Even Wigglesworth had problems with these people at one of his meetings. He became so bound up in his spirit that he couldn't preach, so he went around the room until The Lord showed him who the individuals were that was praying against him and he knocked them off their bench they were sitting on. They quickly left the meeting and everything stopped.

I know that people love to think that there is some sort of bloodline that can't be crossed by these folks, but that is only because they and most of Christianity have never had to deal with these people. The NT term would be sorcery, and it is very much alive.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟225,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My priest or LCMS pastor told me that a crystal my daughter gave me, that I have hanging on my rear view mirror was ok. It’s not the kind people use for meditative purposes but a round, sparkly one for decorative purposes. Is that ok?
A rock's a rock. Use it for whatever purpose you like, it's still a rock, end of. No such thing as an evil rock, or a good rock for that matter. It's just a rock.

Reactions: FaithT
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟225,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
we are talking about items that can be exploited against us by bad people if we are not careful.
They may throw a rock and hit you with it, or put it in your shoe, but that's the only kind of injury that rock is goin to do to you, and that isn't the rock's fault.

There isn't any magic. That's something from ignorant paganism.

Even Wigglesworth had problems with these people at one of his meetings. He became so bound up in his spirit that he couldn't preach, so he went around the room until The Lord showed him who the individuals were that was praying against him and he knocked them off their bench they were sitting on. They quickly left the meeting and everything stopped.
Seems like God was aware of Wigglesworth's problems, so apparently his (Wigglesworth's) prayers were being heard. I'd bet that his being "bound" was more a product of his own emotional state than anything else.
I know that people love to think that there is some sort of bloodline that can't be crossed by these folks, but that is only because they and most of Christianity have never had to deal with these people.
Don't know what that means. Are "these people" suipposed to be magic or something? I can't buy that.
The NT term would be sorcery, and it is very much alive.
A fig for "sorcery". Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟167,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
They may throw a rock and hit you with it, or put it in your shoe, but that's the only kind of injury that rock is goin to do to you, and that isn't the rock's fault.

There isn't any magic. That's something from ignorant paganism.

Seems like God was aware of Wigglesworth's problems, so apparently his (Wigglesworth's) prayers were being heard. I'd bet that his being "bound" was more a product of his own emotional state than anything else.

Don't know what that means. Are "these people" suipposed to be magic or something? I can't buy that.

A fig for "sorcery". Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
Be gone, I'm talking to Oscarr here, not you. You have no experience in this and ignorantly write it off as nothing.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟161,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A rock's a rock. Use it for whatever purpose you like, it's still a rock, end of. No such thing as an evil rock, or a good rock for that matter. It's just a rock.
You sound like my husband.

Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟225,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Be gone, I'm talking to Oscarr here, not you. You have no experience in this and ignorantly write it off as nothing.
Public forum, matey, so you're talking to whomever shows up. IMO you're pushing superstition.

And FWIW, "begone"s hind leg.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟167,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Public forum, matey, so you're talking to whomever shows up. IMO you're pushing superstition.

Obviously you don't know the rules,...

Harassment​

• Be considerate and do not make another member's experience on this site miserable. This includes making false accusations or persistently attacking them in the open forums.
  • Respect another member's request to cease personal contact.

Take this as a formal notification from me that I don't want any further contact from you, or I can let the mods deal with it. Your choice.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟161,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There was a time in my life when I was buying some healing crystals and was reading about them and a little bit of new age and I meditated with the crystals. Nothing happened BUT a salesman at the place where I was buying the crystals once told me that they’re just rocks or can’t do anything or something like that. I dont remember his exact words, it was in the 80s but the point is,eventhe salesman thought they were a joke.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟167,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
There was a time in my life when I was buying some healing crystals and was reading about them and a little bit of new age and I meditated with the crystals. Nothing happened BUT a salesman at the place where I was buying the crystals once told me that they’re just rocks or can’t do anything or something like that. I dont remember his exact words, it was in the 80s but the point is,eventhe salesman thought they were a joke.
Well you have to think about something,.... if such things were nothing, why has the market for new age stuff and witchcraft been steadily growing since the late 80's?

I mean really, if it is just a bunch of lies and junk, why are so many people caught up in it?

Witchcraft in particular is definitely on the rise. There are whole internet sites dedicated to it, where you can buy all the needed items for it as well as forums that people can contact one another on and share stories.

If it's nothing, then why does it have such a following that keeps growing?

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟161,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well you have to think about something,.... if such things were nothing, why has the market for new age stuff and witchcraft been steadily growing since the late 80's?

I mean really, if it is just a bunch of lies and junk, why are so many people caught up in it?

Witchcraft in particular is definitely on the rise. There are whole internet sites dedicated to it, where you can buy all the needed items for it as well as forums that people can contact one another on and share stories.

If it's nothing, then why does it have such a following that keeps growing?
youre talking about two different things….crystals having healing properties and witchcraft which probably touches on the demonic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟167,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
youre talking about two different things….crystals having healing properties and witchcraft which probably touches on the denomic
Actually,.... witchcraft doesn't always touch on the demonic. It centers around various forms of corrupt type prayers between people for the most part. People involved in it can use different items and techniques to amplify their prayers. It can include the demonic if a person is greedy for power.

What will always include the demonic will be satanism. It can eventually include principalities/fallen angels if satan decides a person has been loyal enough.

But as far as cystals, they can be safe or they can be tainted. Like we talked about, if they were bought on amazon or some halfway reputable place, there is no worry, but if you purchased them directly from a online witchcraft site,.....there's obviously a chance that they are not safe to have in your house.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟225,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Obviously you don't know the rules,...

Harassment​

• Be considerate and do not make another member's experience on this site miserable. This includes making false accusations or persistently attacking them in the open forums.
  • Respect another member's request to cease personal contact.

Take this as a formal notification from me that I don't want any further contact from you, or I can let the mods deal with it. Your choice.
I suggest you put me on ignore as the software allows, as I see no reason to go away because you don't happen to like my opinions.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟383,711.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Bad example - a far cry from an object ritually dedicated for evil purpose.

Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟383,711.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Bad example - a far cry from an object ritually dedicated for evil purpose.

Then why did the Jerusalem council specifically ban the eating of meat offerred to idols ?

Acts 15
28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've been watching the 1950s TV programme "Highway Patrol" and it is fascinating to see all the big gas guzzlers people used to drive those days.
Safe, reliable cars made of steel, instead of plastic , very expensive plastic, that cause a car to be "totalled" in a bump that would barely dent a steel bumper. greed greed and more greed evident every day through today....

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Then why did the Jerusalem council specifically ban the eating of meat offerred to idols ?
It looks directly like it was as evil / sinful/ as fornication (which is accepted today! ) (but not by followers of Christ Jesus)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.