✟7,513.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please provide your bibical thoughts on the subject
I've seen so much videos/things online I can't decide
I'm going to fast for discernment because I can't seem to decide

This is an easy one... The issue really comes down to who do you follow Jesus or Paul. Paul discriminated against women, Jesus taught us to love our neighbors as ourselves, which includes women and is about treating people with equality.

Women are your equal in every way and to treat them with discrimination is absolutely wrong.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is an easy one... The issue really comes down to who do you follow Jesus or Paul. Paul discriminated against women, Jesus taught us to love our neighbors as ourselves, which includes women and is about treating people with equality.

Women are your equal in every way and to treat them with discrimination is absolutely wrong.
An easy one for you since you can pick and choose who/what you prefer to believe. The fact is: "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;" (2 Tim 3:16). This verse does not say "some" nor does it say only the teachings of Jesus and not Paul - which you prefer to believe.

Upvote 0

2 know him

Dec 9, 2011
✟7,513.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
An easy one for you since you can pick and choose who/what you prefer to believe. The fact is: "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;" (2 Tim 3:16). This verse does not say "some" nor does it say only the teachings of Jesus and not Paul - which you prefer to believe.

Jesus didn't follow Moses and surely his words were inspired by God weren't they? You follow Paul and remain blind as he leads you down a path of confusion, I'll stick to Jesus and have a single eye which remains clear from confusion.

Moses said if one be caught in adultery to kill/stone them, Jesus taught against Moses. Believe and follow Paul and the book which has multiple conflicting teachings instead of following Jesus and him alone. My friend you don't understand the darkness that you embrace.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Head Coverings? Woman pastors?

re: Head Coverings: St. Paul in First Corinthians (11:2-16) declared that women should have their heads covered when praying. The custom was adopted by Christian women who wished to show reverence to Christ.

re: Woman Pastors: where do you see a woman counted among the 12 Apostles? There is indeed a reason why, it is because Jesus Christ was establishing a Royal Priesthood,in the NT, beginning with His 12 Apostles and their successors by the laying on of their Hands so on and so forth.

There will never be a woman in this Royal Priesthood. Now this is how you know that the Church with the Royal Priesthood, is the Church founded on Rock and where the women should be wearing their Head Coverings.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

What a weird claim. As all scriptures is given by inspiration from God what you are saying is that God discriminated against women.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus didn't follow Moses and surely his words were inspired by God weren't they? You follow Paul and remain blind as he leads you down a path of confusion, I'll stick to Jesus and have a single eye which remains clear from confusion.

Moses said if one be caught in adultery to kill/stone them, Jesus taught against Moses. Believe and follow Paul and the book which has multiple conflicting teachings instead of following Jesus and him alone. My friend you don't understand the darkness that you embrace.
It is useless to discuss biblical hermeneutics with someone who possesses a poor understanding of basic Bible interpretation. How can "Jesus taught against Moses" when God himself gave Moses the Law. Since Jesus is part of the Godhead, Jesus gave Moses the Law so how can the one who gave Moses the Law teach against the very Law He gave. I submit you don't understand the darkness that you embrace.

Upvote 0

2 know him

Dec 9, 2011
✟7,513.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is useless to discuss biblical hermeneutics with someone who possesses a poor understanding of basic Bible interpretation. How can "Jesus taught against Moses" when God himself gave Moses the Law. Since Jesus is part of the Godhead, Jesus gave Moses the Law so how can the one who gave Moses the Law teach against the very Law He gave. I submit you don't understand the darkness that you embrace.

Lol, did not Moses say if one is caught in adultery to stone them? And didn't Jesus say let you who is without sin cast the first stone? Did Jesus cast stones at her? Jesus disobeyed Moses' rule and prevented others from obeying it. Which part of this are you refuting: proving Jesus didn't obey Moses's rule?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lol, did not Moses say if one is caught in adultery to stone them?
And didn't Jesus say let you who is without sin cast the first stone? Did Jesus cast stones at her? Jesus disobeyed Moses' rule and prevented others from obeying it. Which part of this are you refuting: proving Jesus didn't obey Moses's rule?
I assume by your answer that you don't believe that Jesus is God. Since Jesus is God don't you know that he is the fulfillment of the Law? (Matt 5:17) How can Jesus being the fulfillment of the law break his own Law?
Furthermore, it appears that you are not even familiar with the Law as it pertains to this case. Why is that? The Law states: ‘If there is a man who commits adultery with another man’s wife, one who commits adultery with his friend’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death (Leviticus 20:10.) It takes two persons to commit adultery so where was the other guilty party? According to the Law both parties are to be stoned. Since the other person was not brought before Jesus for stoning Jesus would have been in violation of the Law if he had allowed her death only.
Secondly, Deuteronomy 17:5-7 states: then you shall bring out that man or that woman who has done this evil deed, to your gates, that is, the man or the woman, and you shall stone them to death. 6 "On the evidence of two witnesses or three witnesses, he who is to die shall be put to death; he shall not be put to death on the evidence of one witness. 7 "The hand of the witnesses shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. So you shall purge the evil from your midst.
Where were the supposed "witnesses?" They all left. Jesus asked the woman if anyone condemned her and she replied "no one." Therefore, Jesus did not break the Law as you falsely claim as there remained no witnesses to condemn her. Jesus could not stone her himself either because the witness had to be the first one to stone her.
The more you respond, the more you prove your unfamiliarity and/or disregard for the scriptures.

Upvote 0

2 know him

Dec 9, 2011
✟7,513.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I assume by your answer that you don't believe that Jesus is God. Since Jesus is God don't you know that he is the fulfillment of the Law? (Matt 5:17) How can Jesus being the fulfillment of the law break his own Law?
Furthermore, it appears that you are not even familiar with the Law as it pertains to this case. Why is that? The Law states: ‘If there is a man who commits adultery with another man’s wife, one who commits adultery with his friend’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death (Leviticus 20:10.) It takes two persons to commit adultery so where was the other guilty party? According to the Law both parties are to be stoned. Since the other person was not brought before Jesus for stoning Jesus would have been in violation of the Law if he had allowed her death only.
Secondly, Deuteronomy 17:5-7 states: then you shall bring out that man or that woman who has done this evil deed, to your gates, that is, the man or the woman, and you shall stone them to death. 6 "On the evidence of two witnesses or three witnesses, he who is to die shall be put to death; he shall not be put to death on the evidence of one witness. 7 "The hand of the witnesses shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. So you shall purge the evil from your midst.
Where were the supposed "witnesses?" They all left. Jesus asked the woman if anyone condemned her and she replied "no one." Therefore, Jesus did not break the Law as you falsely claim as there remained no witnesses to condemn her. Jesus could not stone her himself either because the witness had to be the first one to stone her.
The more you respond, the more you prove your unfamiliarity and/or disregard for the scriptures.

I know it is convenient for you to believe Jesus was not preaching against Moses and the law, but you do so because of your bias for your beliefs. If Jesus had other issues with how the woman was tried, he never mentioned them. All Jesus mentioned was that if they were innocent before God of sin to go ahead and stone her. You see the law of Moses demanded a person not knowingly transgress it, or one was cut off from the covenant with no way to be forgiven and thus their sin was upon them. So one had to be innocent of knowingly doing wrong to have any hope in the old covenant. Jesus was innocent and he did not stone her, as Moses demanded, not for the reasons you have made up, but because of the New Covenant/Contract Rules that he lived by on forgiveness: which you seem to be unaware of (seeing you don't mention them at all as the reason behind Jesus not wanting the accusers to stone the woman).

If the above isn't proof enough Jesus broke the old covenant law of Moses, then maybe (although I doubt it) Jesus's own words are:

16And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day. 17But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

Now maybe you will try and justify Jesus as not breaking the Sabbath in some way, but here is the absolute nail in your coffin:
8Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk. 9And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath.10The Jews therefore said unto him that was cured, It is the sabbath day: it is not lawful for thee to carry thybed.

Jesus told a man to carry his bed on the Sabbath and there is no way the man or Jesus could be right under Moses old covenant law for doing so.

Here is John's commentary on the situation:
18Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

Notice John never said because they said he broke the Sabbath. .. No, John states BECAUSE HE...HAD BROKEN THE SABBATH.

Here is the whole account from John 6:

1After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.

2Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches. 3In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water.4For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had. 5And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years. 6When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole?7The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me. 8Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk. 9And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath.10The Jews therefore said unto him that was cured, It is the sabbath day: it is not lawful for thee to carry thybed. 11He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up thy bed, and walk. 12Then asked they him, What man is that which said unto thee, Take up thy bed, and walk?13And he that was healed wist not who it was: for Jesus had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in that place. 14Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.15The man departed, and told the Jews that it was Jesus, which had made him whole.

The Father and the Son

16And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day. 17But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

18Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

Now I will add something that you seem to not grasp about Jesus and his Rule upon the earth: Jesus, not Moses or the old covenant law, has all authority in heaven and earth and he alone (through his teachings) will judge mankind through the new covenant laws.

22For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

24Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

25Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. 26For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 27And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. 28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Here is more from John 12:
48He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Do you not understand that the old covenant is not what Jesus lived by? How can you claim to be a follower of Christ and not know these things?

You think Jesus is referring to the old covenant when he stated:

18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

But answer this: why did Jesus use the word these in verse 19 as oppose to the? The answer is simple: Jesus was referring to his commandments in Matthew 5 not Moses's. But I know you are totally ignorant of the truth of my words and Jesus's when he states in Luke 16:16 "The law and the prophets were until John..." Moses's old covenant law ended when Jesus was baptized by John: as Jesus was anointed and his Rule began upon the earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MustardSeeed

Ambivert
Mar 7, 2017
canada
✟40,822.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I feel like the bible is pretty clear about not allowing women to be pastors/heads of the church- that role was designed to be filled by men not unlike the roles of men and women in marriage. Even though the bible is against women in that particular role, there are multiple accounts of strong women in the church :

Both Priscilla and Aquila spoke privately to Apollos at Ephesus (Acts 18:24-26), correcting his incomplete and flawed theology. Further, women clearly played a significant role in the work of the Apostle Paul. In his letter to the Romans, Paul identified sixteen significant helpers in ministry (16:1-16), and at least ten of them were women. Who knows what the health of the church at Philippi would have been were it not for Lydia (Acts 16:13-15), apparently a benefactor to the church, and others such as Euodia and Syntyche (Phil. 4:2-3)? And of course, women made a significant contribution to Jesus' ministry. Luke recalled with appreciation their financial support and company with Him (Luke 8:1-3).

At my church our pastors are men but the majority of our ministries and outreaches are run by women as well we have lots of women's bible studies taught by women. So it's not that women are less important than men in the church, it's just that they have a different role, and I have never felt less needed by my congregation just because I'm not allowed to be a pastor.

Thank you!

Upvote 0

MustardSeeed

Ambivert
Mar 7, 2017
canada
✟40,822.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

I agree with you. Pauls teaching are Christs/God's teaching ....

Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

I have two studies on these matters. If you google the following terms, you will find the studies,
"Wisdom of God The Tzniut, Wives and Head Coverings"
"Wisdom of God Wives Cannot Speak in the Assemblies, Unmarried Women Can"

Upvote 0