He who believes and is baptised will be saved but he who does not believe will be condemned

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,838.00
Faith
Christian
My thoughts that it applied to beginning of the church to commission apostles that they may know authority but later gentiles received the Spirit by faith and bible says He will baptise with the Holy Spirit. But I think some have gifts now but is not all see it as then it was. But I am going to test to see if I experience any change in being chrismated and also want to be baptised as adult and to seek to see if church can prove that the bible shows the need to learn from church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,838.00
Faith
Christian
It seems the teaching of needing to seek baptism is problematic because even those who don’t seek to be baptised by a priest may not have assurance if they don’t know they tried enough. How can one ensure that everyone knows their need in what way can you ensure to advertise to all so anyone close by is willing to come to baptise them and if not someone further does ?

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The verse you quoted in your title says only that those who do not believe will be condemned. Baptism saves, but it doesn't follow from that, that not to be baptized condemns.

Also, how can you have the Holy Spirit but not be fully united to God since God cannot be divided?
No one questioned 1 Cor 10:2 so?

Your thoughts on 1 Cor 15:29 where Paul says , Why are they then BAPTIZED / BAPTISMO for the DEAD ?

Is this WATER BAPTISIM ??

If not then WATER , why does it not say WATER BAPTISM ?

It only uses the word BAPTISM , WHY ? Your thoughts , please ?

dan p

Upvote 0