Perth, Western Australia
✟14,441.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
This guy who has been friends with my friends (who I used to be friends with) has been coming to youth group since I was like...15 (I am 21 now, you do the math lol). In January he was sent to jail for lighting fires which he admitted to, and his jail sentence really took a toll on him, he started acting up, cut himself, and got beaten up. But I recently found out that when he spoke to my pastor (on an official visit a week ago I think) that he accepted Jesus as his savior, which is TOTALLY AWESOME. We have been praying for this for like, ever!

PRAISE GOD:clap:

Reactions: MrFreshdew
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

elephunky

Previously known as dgirl1986
Nov 28, 2007
Perth, Western Australia
✟14,441.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Is he allowed to have a Bible in there?? His time there could really be a blessing if he got to spend it all in the Word. I wish I had that much time every day to just read my Bible.

Im sure you dont want to go to jail to be able to do that though.

Im not sure if he can, and Im thinking that having the chapel there right now should be enough, we want to minimise the reasons that the big dudes in there can beat him up. As that has been happening. He cant stay positive if hes being beat up all the time

Upvote 0

HappyChicken

Domestic Egg Executive
Nov 11, 2007
Indiana
✟8,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Im sure you dont want to go to jail to be able to do that though.

Im not sure if he can, and Im thinking that having the chapel there right now should be enough, we want to minimise the reasons that the big dudes in there can beat him up. As that has been happening. He cant stay positive if hes being beat up all the time

You took my statement out of context. I never said that I wanted to go to jail to read the Bible. I said that I wish I had that much TIME to read the Bible. He has a wonderful oportunity to turn something really bad into something really positive. And if he had a Bible in there, maybe he would not be the only person to look at it. :)

I understand that you want to miminize reasons that the big dudes could beat him up, but from what I understand of jail....if they are gonna beat ya, they don't really need a reason. And if it's been happening already, like you mentioned, then he really has nothing to lose.

I'm done posting to this thread, since my words got twisted. I wish you and your friend the best of luck! Take care and God bless! -Debby

Upvote 0