✟23,724.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
have a question;

I've been going to 2 churches aligned with the word of faith.
I enjoy them both but both of them have a few things I'd like a 2nd opinion:

l. church 1 has 6 people that come, teaching is great, no real fellowship afterwards other than a weekday fellowship at pastor's house.

cons: they seem to spend a lot of activity with their families and grandkids, we're always hearing about them. I'm always happy to hear about good times, but having no other real activity outside church and fellowship is a concern.

2. church 2 has about 6 people as well. Chuck knows Bill, the elder. Teaching is good, we have potlucks sometimes. Con: he's a bit insistent and maybe a little strong. He and his wife are both this way.

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Both sound ok to me.

I guess, which pastor is going to pray for you? I'd go with that one.

2nd one sounds better in that regard.

Or find a different church? The right church is really about being in the one where God wants you. This may not be the best possible church. God put me one where I decided, "This is my church!" And there are probably better churches out there, but it's not really better compared with the one where God wants you.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
If our Gospel be hidden it is hidden to those who are lost.
If both Churches are inclusive, and wrapped up in other things more than reaching the lost,it doesn't matter what Faith they are they need Revival.
I would encourage them to reach out and attend the South West Believers convention, or when one of our key Preachers are in the area to go to the meeting as a group.
I would seek God's Wisdom in the matter because you have a responsibility to God's kingdom first before anything else.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is wisdom in asking others yet you tend to get what they personally believe. If one is FOR Christ they are not against Him. Do they preach the word? I am not talking what you personally believe but the word? And this may sound silly but..you know GOD is real? :) ask Him. We had moved to Colorado then to another city. One day just talking to the lord I reminded HIm about the time in Calf when some preacher came knocking at our door we ended up going there for over 7 years and it was NOT WOF .. was so wonderful. So after I had lol just talking.. and reminding Him not even praying or asking. So about 1 week later a knock on the door, I open and was some older man asking for so and so. I said you must have the wrong door.

He starts to leave stops and says..no God would not have me go to the wrong house for no reason. Turns around and hands me a card. He was a preacher that believed in all the gifts so for so on. We tend to put GOD in a box. Where we will only go so for so on. If we let HIM lead.. He seems to put us in places we lol would rather not be. But we want HIS will and its ALWAYS for someone else. To help them to lead them back or to Christ so forth so on. So ask Him.. blindly. Just ask and know He heard you and will tell you show you.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
There is wisdom in asking others yet you tend to get what they personally believe. If one is FOR Christ they are not against Him. Do they preach the word? I am not talking what you personally believe but the word? And this may sound silly but..you know GOD is real? :) ask Him. We had moved to Colorado then to another city. One day just talking to the lord I reminded HIm about the time in Calf when some preacher came knocking at our door we ended up going there for over 7 years and it was NOT WOF .. was so wonderful. So after I had lol just talking.. and reminding Him not even praying or asking. So about 1 week later a knock on the door, I open and was some older man asking for so and so. I said you must have the wrong door.

He starts to leave stops and says..no God would not have me go to the wrong house for no reason. Turns around and hands me a card. He was a preacher that believed in all the gifts so for so on. We tend to put GOD in a box. Where we will only go so for so on. If we let HIM lead.. He seems to put us in places we lol would rather not be. But we want HIS will and its ALWAYS for someone else. To help them to lead them back or to Christ so forth so on. So ask Him.. blindly. Just ask and know He heard you and will tell you show you.

If a church teaches that holiness means first to be set free from the kge (through faith in Jesus -rom7:6) which corrupted mankind at eden, they are headed in the right direction.

Without recognising the above, teachings have not addressed the core issue.

Upvote 0