Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I'd have to see some very detailed reports and really pour over their methodology before I'd necessarily buy into this theory. Not saying they're wrong...but it's just that people have been trying to "crack the code" of what makes someone gay for quite some time now, and all of theories have ended up being pretty flimsy at best.

Personally, I think it's one of those things were attraction is just random and there might not necessarily be an explanation for it. For example, my preference is Asian women. Can't change it, can't explain why...it's just the way it is.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Personally, I think it's one of those things were attraction is just random and there might not necessarily be an explanation for it. For example, my preference is Asian women. Can't change it, can't explain why...it's just the way it is.

Attraction can be mysterious.

Quick reverse situation, and one that some people didn't believe that I didn't pursue myself - your comment about Asian women made me think of it. There are certain ethnicities of men that particularly appealed to me. But something totally unexpected is that I seem to be a magnet for Asian men. If there were 100 men around, and 5 of them were Asian, 4 of them would probably have been interested in me, and only 1 maybe who was not Asian interested. Of course that exact scenario didn't happen, but I DID have five men pursuing me, and four of them were Asian. In American culture. And I'm not Asian (largely French and Cherokee, with the rest a mix of other European and Native American). (And none of them needed immigration or green cards.) I have no idea why.

I think those factors can take a long time to tease out sometimes.

Upvote 0