• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Having a hard time dealing with voices.

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All day long I hear voices. I'm taking 600 mg Clozapine and 5 mg Haloperidol. Still I hear voices all day long. Should I try to take a new drug? My doctor thinks that this is as good as it gets because I'm able to function and work a job. However, I'm not working due to Covid-19 and the problems it is causing.

For some reason I keep thinking that I can see the future and I will go to hell. I used to think that I would go to hell due to my grades in school (I know it sounds crazy, but I really believed it at the time). Now I'm worried about Covid-19. I keep thinking that I know the future and it is bad.

I hear a nice voice in my head a lot of the time who keeps telling me Jesus loves me and God loves me and I should believe that because it is the truth. I also hear a wicked voice that laughs at me all day long. He says that he is from the future and I will go to hell. He says it's my destiny.

Everyone on this forum has told me that the voices are lying. I am thankful for that.

What else should I do to combat the voices? I'm taking medication. Should I try therapy? I've been reading the Bible (Exodus, about king David, and the Gospel of John). How can I reject this evil voice who constantly tells me I will go to hell? He laughs at me all the time and says he is from the future.

Thank you all,

SnowTiger

Frayed_Knot

Mar 26, 2020
Akron
✟15,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
SnowTiger,

Let me begin by saying that I know what it is like to be tormented and afraid. I understand also that what you and I can understand as "making logical sense" often does nothing to ease our troubled minds. That being said it is good to use logic. Paul follows logical reasoning when he makes some of his arguments in romans.
The other thing to understand is that not everything that troubles us is a faith issue. I dont just say this to comfort you, but because the word implies the same thing. paul told the apostle timothy "Don’t drink only water. You ought to drink a little wine for the sake of your stomach because you are sick so often." He gives him practical advice for healing when timothy wanted miraculous spiritual things. We live in a fallen world and it is full of bad things. Even our minds are susceptible to the corruption that the first sin has caused. If a man has a broken leg, we take him to the doctor to be healed. Why should we do anything different for the mind? I encourage you to keep taking whatever medication and going to a psychologist about it. I believe it is a figment of your imagination, but if it is not. Trust in god and he will deliver you. That was his promise from the beginning.

God bless you

Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
SnowTiger,

Let me begin by saying that I know what it is like to be tormented and afraid. I understand also that what you and I can understand as "making logical sense" often does nothing to ease our troubled minds. That being said it is good to use logic. Paul follows logical reasoning when he makes some of his arguments in romans.
The other thing to understand is that not everything that troubles us is a faith issue. I dont just say this to comfort you, but because the word implies the same thing. paul told the apostle timothy "Don’t drink only water. You ought to drink a little wine for the sake of your stomach because you are sick so often." He gives him practical advice for healing when timothy wanted miraculous spiritual things. We live in a fallen world and it is full of bad things. Even our minds are susceptible to the corruption that the first sin has caused. If a man has a broken leg, we take him to the doctor to be healed. Why should we do anything different for the mind? I encourage you to keep taking whatever medication and going to a psychologist about it. I believe it is a figment of your imagination, but if it is not. Trust in god and he will deliver you. That was his promise from the beginning.

God bless you

Thank you. I think I need to try a new medication or something. I feel really jealous when I hear about people who take medication and it gets rid of their voices. The evil voice I hear in my head is really terrible. He laughs at me all day long and says wicked things.

I keep thinking that I have to die of Covid-19 and then go to hell. I feel like it is set in stone.

The good voice I hear tells me I won't go to hell if I believe, but I have a hard time believing him because of the evil voice.

Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm really angry now because I got this voice in my head that said if I take a certain job that I want to take I will die and go to hell.

Now I'm afraid to take a job that I really wanted to take.

These voices always ruin everything for me.

Sorry I'm so upset. I just wish I didn't hear voices all the time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mason William

Mar 22, 2020
Bend, Or
✟17,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel for you Snowtiger, I'm going through the same thing with voices. The first thing you need to do is recognize that the bad voice is lying. My voices are experts at lying, and they always have reasons to back up their lies, now the reasons they have for saying your going to hell may seem logical to you but they are not. Logic says that Jesus loves you, he died for your sins, and you can be saved just like everyone else. When Jesus was battling the devil in the wilderness he quoted scripture against him. I recommend doing that with your bad voice. quote scripture that contradicts what he is telling you. I also think you should fast and pray for deliverance. Remember God is for you not against you!

Upvote 0