Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello! I'm a Christian now. But I have a lot of difficulties. Some days I don't feel like a Christian but God won't let me go.
Welcome back to the forums!

I often don’t feel like a Christian, often don’t feel repentent of my sins, often fail to meet the mark. All I can do is pray:

« Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner »

and

« I have no sincere repentance, I have no true compunction, I have no consoling tears to lead me as a child of God to my spiritual inheritance. My mind has been darkened through worldly passions. I cannot look up to You in grieving remorse. I cannot warm myself with tears of love for You. But, Lord Jesus Christ, the treasury of blessings, grant me thorough repentance and a diligent heart to seek You. Grant me Your grace and renew in me the form of Your image. I have forsaken You; but, Lord, do not forsake me. Come out to seek me; lead me to Your pasture; number me among the sheep of Your chosen flock and nourish me with the food of Your sacred mysteries. »

(Excerpt From My Orthodox Prayer Book, Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, ‎My Orthodox Prayer Book
This material may be protected by copyright.)

And then I trust in God’s goodness, love and mercy that He will heal my soul and lead me on the right path.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello and welcome (back) to CF.

And I'm sure you've probably heard that we don't put too much stock in our "feelings".

On the other hand, it can actually be not a good thing to "feel like a Christian" if that means you think you've become especially righteous or better than other people.

It's a long journey, sorting out how we each grow. The important thing is to strive toward Christ. :)

God be with you!

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello DeusMaxima,
welcome back to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.
We don't walk by sight, we walk by faith.
We don't accept how we feel, we just believe.

hi-wave.gif

6a5bcad37bbf9973402890f576a260d1.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0