Have you ever wondered what is would be like to hang around Jesus back in the day?

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
I don' have words right now....but this spoke to me in such a away you wouldn't believe it...my divorce trial is today.

:hug: Hugs for you dear sister! When I wrote this part of the story tears came into my eyes because I felt like a change was coming into my life as well. Thank God that He is with us in all things. May our Lord uphold you with His grace and peace.

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
"lily among the thorns"...this is beautiful. Jesus too is our Lily among the thorns just as we are His.

Prayers for you dear Lyndie!!

Indeed!

so guys... this story was written back in late 2004 months after the Passion of the Christ came out. I have done some editing since then and this time around is yet another edit so I haven't really added nothing new to the story in years. I actually never finished it. (there's still more that I will be putting on the board.)

I think I mentioned that already. lol! So I'm telling you all this because I think I'm going to take up lyndie's suggestion and write about Jesus healing the ten lepers for my next installment.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wonderful idea for an author to pursue! (From the O/P on I mean) Let me just throw a thought into the mix here:

"And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself." Luke 24:27

Back when I was first filled w/ the Holy Ghost, or within the first year anyway, this verse "lit up" to me and I thought - what an incredible afternoon that must have been!

I had been praying for so many specific things I found in the word and had been convicted over, but I shifted my focus to that one thing, asking Him to show me something like that. Pretty naive, right?

I highly recommend it. :bow: That's the most "effectual" prayer I've ever prayed. :groupray:

Ro 8:6 "to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace."

:thumbsup:

Can we re-name this the homesick forum?

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
Wonderful idea for an author to pursue! (From the O/P on I mean) Let me just throw a thought into the mix here:

"And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself." Luke 24:27

Back when I was first filled w/ the Holy Ghost, or within the first year anyway, this verse "lit up" to me and I thought - what an incredible afternoon that must have been!

I had been praying for so many specific things I found in the word and had been convicted over, but I shifted my focus to that one thing, asking Him to show me something like that. Pretty naive, right?

I highly recommend it. :bow: That's the most "effectual" prayer I've ever prayed. :groupray:

Ro 8:6 "to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace."

:thumbsup:

Can we re-name this the homesick forum?

Thanks for the comment about the story. :) I actually wrote about the Emmaus walk with Jesus and the two disciples, where Jesus made the statement you quoted. It's a chapter in my soon to be released book, "though the eyes of Jesus:stories of the resurrection." yup, that's a conversation I would have loved to have heard!

By homesick do you mean, homesick for Heaven?

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

.Iona.

I love Jesus!
Dec 9, 2007
UK
✟41,546.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Greens
I often think about how it would have been to be there at the time of Christ. I think the sense of power and love would have been immense and I would have gotten an even greater buzz in my stomach than when I do just thinking about Him today!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
So here's my new installment. This was supposed to be the healing of the ten lepers but after I wrote it I realized the 10 were healed on the way to showing themselves to the high priest. I had already written a lot of extra stuff into the story so i decided this is going to be one of the miracles that John the apostle said wasn't included in the gospels. John has said that Jesus did so many things that the world itself couldn't contain the books that would be written.

Entry 12

The Magdalene Journal
On the way to Jerusalem
Early Semtember

Yeshua is back with us but ever since his return he seems to be haunted by a strange loneliness. A distant look captures his gaze and I know not where he is. I cannot enter the place of his inner solitude and he will not disclose the secrets of his heart.

We were on the way to Jerusalem. Yeshua walked ahead of us in silence. We passed through the valley of Jericho. The narrow winding road traversed through barren rocky hillsides. The path is high and on either side cliffs descend. What Jew has not heard stories of the demon possessed lurking, sordid creatures and thieves ready to pounce? The Jericho road was to be avoided, especially at night. Even though there were thirteen men in our company this did little to ease the fears in my sisters and I. As a foggy dusk settled on us I wondered why Yeshua had come that way. My question was reflected in Sushanna’s and Tamar’s faces, Kepha announced it was too dangerous to continue traveling the road and it would be best to set up camp and find shelter in a near by cave but Yeshua walked on as though he hadn’t heard. We stared at each other in disbelief, though no one questioned him. Yochannan picked up his own traveling sack that he had laid wearily on the ground. He removed Yeshua’s cloak, which he always carried and took a few quick steps as though he would run after him but he stood still, his eyes on the Master’s lone figure climbing the winding road. Yocahnnane shook his head and placed the cloak back in storage. The moment Yochannan did this I saw strange figures moving among the rocks.

Dusk was quickly turning into darkness. The black of night can play tricks on the eyes. I held my breath and noticed the fog lifting revealing a full moon just above the horizon and the first evening star. The light defined our surroundings. My eyes were not playing tricks! Suddenly I heard dreadful moans. From out of the rocky crevices came death multiplied in several forms draped in black ragged robes with faces hidden by hood. Death had a sickening smell of fragrant decay, like a corpse freshly prepared for the grave. Kepha grabbed his staff and would have swung at a figure that leaped at us but Yeshua shouted, “Stop!” Then I heard other voices,

“Unclean! Unclean!”

The dreadful pronouncement meant only one thing, Lepers!

The living dead! I lost all courage and scurried a safe distance away. We all did leaving Yeshua alone on the path. I saw him clear in the moonlight, his white robed figure surrounded by black forms crawling and cowering around him.

“How many of you are there?” I heard Yeshua ask.

A rasping voice replied, “We are brothers numbering six.”

Yeshua held out his arms and stepped towards one of the crouching figures. Oh I wanted to take hold of my Master and hurry him away. Did he understand how contagious the decease? Did he know about the putrid flesh, missing fingers and toes, blistered faces dug with rot and filth? Oh my Lord…no!

The rasping voice spoke again, “Stay away! We are unclean!”

I pressed my hands together glad for the warning.

If pain has a voice it was expressed in the cries of those others on the road. “Only heal us Yeshua N’Zareth! Heal us!”

How did they know the tall lean man there was Yeshua the healer? How? I resented that they knew! I wanted them far away from him!

Without hesitation Yeshua threw himself into yawning death holding captive one of the decrepit figures closest to him, pulling what was left of a human being to his bosom. I staggered backward into Yochannan’s arms. Yershua was doomed! I had lost him! That is what I thought. But Yeshua wouldn’t stop at that. He was lifting the hoods of the six lepers, tearing at bandages, grasping faces and hands. Living death gathered around him like a black cloud. Angry tears flowed from my eyes. No more! Yochannan to make him stop! They are destroying him! He is destroying himself! The moon itself was swept away by a cloud.

“Ah look!” I heard Yeshua say in a sighing voice. The light returned and I saw Yeshua lay hands on the head of a fore lone figure which slumped to the ground at his feet The Master bent over him and shouted, “Be conquered!” and then he straightened lifting his arms skyward, “Be healed! Be healed! Be healed!?”

Living death crumpled in heap at his command! I ceased breathing. Yeshua stood serenely, his profile bathed in moonlight, despite the evening chill sweat ran on his forehead. In that moment of stillness life awoke with a whisper…

“I am healed…I healed…”

What miracle was this? I witnessed the newly formed skin, the shining faces devoid of decay and suffering, hair flowing soft in the afterglow. Happy breathing…Breathe! Breathe! All six of the brothers were perfectly healed!

Yeshua’s instructions, “Now you are healed my brothers. Peace upon you. Rest with my companions.”

He walked towards us then. I was filled with shame stepping from my secure place. We came near him, all of us bursting with apologies. I saw the loneliness had fled from his gaze. I realized then in his solitude he had been longing to love. He was in love. The desperate brothers had wrestled his heart in a terrible test, their loathsomeness verses his perfection. He conquered by embracing them as they wore. And they were changed.

Yeshua sat among us, us and the newly healed brothers. I prayed to him silently asking to be conquered.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MyLordIsMyLife

Loving my Heavenly Family
Aug 21, 2007
with my Lord and my Lady, most beautiful.
Visit site
✟10,508.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sister dear, I just love this. the healing power of our Lover-Lord raises us all to life each day and will bring us to Life eternal with Him! I especially love the last sentence: "I prayed to Him silently asking to be conquered." Oh to be conquered totally by His love and live that love each day!

Blessings and love

Upvote 0

xTx

Aug 10, 2010
✟11,241.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Entry 1

The Magdalene Journals
The 1st year
Early summer

We left Capernaum and are traveling again, though our friends begged Yeshua not to depart, he insisted that he must go to other towns and cities to proclaim the good news of the Kingdom of Heaven. Although I know he will sorely miss the lake and his beloved Capernaum, I am glad to see he hasn't lost the spring in his step. He and his disciples ran down the road to the village well in Bethseda. The neighbors stood watching and cheering the Master on, but the Zebedee brothers Jochannan and Jacob were the first to arrive, the youngest coming first with his brother Jacob arriving right behind. Yeshua lifted an arm of each of the brother's and announced their victory.

"The first drink from the well belongs to Jochannan and Jacob, the son of thunder!"

Everyone applauded.

The young girls of the village then circled the well chattering and laughing as girls do when they are around men. And here were thirteen! The brothers were their first pick, tall, lean, smooth faces, spiraling dark hair, but shot through with streaks of red because of their days at sea. You can see the copper color when the sun catches their hair. Jochannan has enormous dark eyes while the older, Jacob, has green eyes. The son's of thunder were happy for all the attention. Jochannan grinned from ear to ear when he caught a girl whispering about him. He glanced at his arms. He always wears the sleeves of his robe rolled up and opens his tunic at the neck, baring his chest partially. He never thought twice about it until today. I laughed to see he did nothing to correct his appearance. The girls, a collection of maiden graces, flowing hair and robes made of colorful tapestries surrounded the men, each of them brooding and hoping there was a husband there among the disciples. I knew this because they were without veils. In my culture a veil covering the head is a sign that a woman has been spoken for.

But when Yeshua stepped up to the well and removed his turban and unloosed his hair that had been tied back and shook his head to free the raven locks, I believe every female heart stopped. Now those who have spread disparaging rumors about the Nazarene’s appearance could not have observed his stature or his face.
The earthy beauty of Yeshua is of meadow and wood and quiet stream. His eyes that gaze at you from between a black curtain of rippling hair are dark like a night sky filled with stars contrasting the whiteness of his face, fringed with a youthful beard. The slender line of his nose greets his full lips which are the same color as the flame gracing his unblemished cheeks. No one came forward when he offered his turban to be wetted down by the cool refreshing water. They only stared at him with opened mouths. He lifted a cup from the wells rim holding it out with a smile, and as if a spell had been cast upon them, still, no one moved.

"My dear Shulamite," he spoke the beloved term in the Song of Solomon, our Hebrew love poetry. Every girl prayed he was referring to her. His eyes fell on a woman who was not among the maidens surrounding the men. She was standing off to the side, hidden in the shadows. Yeshua went straight to her. She immediately knelt before him.

“M-Master!" she stammered.

"Yeshi." he replied.

Yeshi…Only his closest friends call him by that name. Now she was included in that privileged company. He extended his hand and she placed hers timidly in his grasp. Lifting her gently, he led her to the well. There she stood, in front of everyone, her head uncovered. She was much older than the beautiful girls that had come to fetch water for the men. In fact, she looked older than Yeshua.

No. She was not beautiful at all. He eyes were much too small, her nose much too big and her lips too thin. Her graying hair was coarse and thick, her dress, unkempt. In plain sight of all, the unveiled woman painfully bore the reproach of both the men and women of her village.

Once again Yeshua extended his cup. The woman reached the bucket down into the well, poured the water into a jar and then began to pour some into his cup. With all eyes watching her, she trembled so much, that the water was spilling everywhere except into his cup!

My heart went out to her. Every woman has had at least one embarrassing moment before a man. Instinct took over. I wanted to assist the poor woman. As I took a step forward, Yeshua reached out and touched her hand.

"It's alright." He said. "Here. I will help you."

And he did! He tipped the jar for her, filling his cup and then took a good long drink and yet another. He drenched his turban with cold well water and wiped his face and brow and the back of his neck. Breathing a deep, long, satisfied sigh he asked the woman her name.

"Tamar." replied the woman.

"Beautiful Tamar," answered Yeshua. A slow smile spread across his face. "I thank you."

I watched the color flood her pale cheeks.

Afterwards he led her away from the well, away from the girls who stood shaking their heads and frowning, away from the astonished disciples and straight to his proud female followers. Yes. We were so proud of our Yeshi!

"Tamar, this is Miriam of Magdala and her friend Sushanna. They will introduce you to the other women in our company. Miriam has a story to tell you. I would like for you to hear it."

Tamar's eyes went from Yeshua's face to mine. I immediately placed a friendly arm around her shoulder. The Master nodded and released her into my care.

To be continued...

P.S. I don't know why the bottom half of my story doesn't appear in the same font. :blush:

Hi Amy, I just read your 1st entry, it is really very good. xTx :wave: Have to run.

Upvote 0