Have you ever wondered what is would be like to hang around Jesus back in the day?

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
Part 3 of Entry 13

More of the cleansing of the Temple...

Ciaphas' bushy gray eyebrows flew up? "What?" he gasped dramatically. "It took forty eight years to build this Temple and you will rebuild it again in three days?" He faced the crowd with a mocking smile. Some who had cheered my Master now laughed at Yeshua while Ciaphas stoked his own beard haughtily. "I think not." he said flatly. But Yeshua's gaze was unwavering. The high Priest glanced nervously at the guards. "ignore him!" His voice was shaking. "Yes...yes...That's what is best done with a mad man. Ignore him!" He gave Yeshua one last dark look and then quickly turned away. The entire company of Levites as well as the Scribes and Pharisees followed the high Priest the same as they did when he first entered the courtyard. Clearly perplexed, the guards relaxed their spears. Had they been summoned to arrest Yeshua? Nothing happened! I watched amazed as a line formed and the guards also marched away.

Throughout the rest of the day Yeshua would not permit buying or selling in the temple. Not a soul, not a merchant, nor a Priest or a Levite challenged him. I was certain he had won a great victory there in the Temple courtyard. He had stood up to the powerful Ciaphas and the ruling Jewish leaders. Even the guards had not been able to stop him.

Kepha leaned close to me. He urged caution. "Don't be too sure Miriam." He warned. "You must not believe we have seen the end of this. Those Priests...? They hate the Master. Today Yeshua only added fuel to the fire."

"Yes...yes..." I nodded impatiently. "But look! See how he has control of everything, the buyers and the sellers? Have you ever seen anything like it Kepha?"

Yochannan smiled dreamily. "I was reminded of the scripture as I watched the Master. 'zeal for thy house has consumed me.' "

"The prophet certainly speaks of Yeshua." Toma agreed.

Kepha folded his arms across his broad chest. He looked out from under his frowning dark eyebrows. "Yes. Today they are afraid of him. Today they will let him be...." Kepha's look frightened me and his words sent a shiver through my body. "What about tomorrow? Will he be able to stop the merchandising tomorrow? And the day after and the day after that?"

A dark cloud had indeed intruded on my joy. My heart was constricted with fear until I suddenly heard a loud cheer from the poor. Yeshua was walking toward them, into dozens of outreached hands touching his robe. The people received him with kisses. He was like a returning hero. My fear then was forgotten.

Yeshua found a man in the crowd sitting on the pavement along with two crutches. His foot was twisted and terribly deformed. Yeshua sat down along side the misfortunate fellow.

"My friend." he said. "It has been a long while. You have borne this affliction many years?" The man turned away ashamed of his deformity and tried to hide it with his aged robes yellowed and worn with holes. "Rabbi! I- I- am not worthy that you should honor me so. I am a sinner." Yeshua smiled compassionately. "I am the one who is honored. Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs in the Kingdom of Heaven. Now...let's have a look at your foot. Don't be afraid. Come!" He persisted gently until the man submitted to Yeshua's tender coaxing. Yeshua lifted the ailing foot into both of his hands and unwrapped the filthy bandages. "No more of this!" He tossed the bandages out of sight with an unpleasant groan. The exposed foot lay in Yeshua's sun bronzed hands and resembled not a human one. It was more like the hoof of a beast, soiled black. The crowd looked away in disgust but Yeshua stroked and caressed it. The man started to cry. "Be made straight! Be made whole!" Yeshua entreated with each stroke. And immediately, beneath Yeshua's tender touch, the foot straightened. The deformity disappeared.

I have seen the gesture so many times, people collapsing into Yeshua's arms overwhelmed with gratitude while the crowds once again found its breath and praised Adonai.

"You see?" Yeshua laughed. "Your foot is well now. All it needs is a good washing." He stood offering his arms to his newly cured patient. "I will help you Yehudah. That is your name, is it not? Yehudah means praise. Yes... a fitting name for you." The weeping man leaned heavily against my Master and Yehudah took his first steps. Soon Yehudah was walking unassisted in the midst of the rejoicing crowd. At one of the fountains in the courtyard, he washed his feet and hands, straightened his robe the best he could, removed his head dress and smoothed his hair. When he returned he walked straight and tall. His appearance was that of a handsome, dark haired middle aged man. Yeshua gestured toward him. "Look!" he exclaimed. "The prince has returned." Amused, Yehudah bowed to the crowd. Everyone laughed and clapped. In one moment his life had been restored and the crowd was glad for his new found freedom and fortune!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MyLordIsMyLife

Loving my Heavenly Family
Aug 21, 2007
with my Lord and my Lady, most beautiful.
Visit site
✟10,508.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeshua, worker of miracles, we love You!!! :pray:

I adore You for the cleansing of Your holy place. Make my heart Your holy place and mercifully cleanse it too. Our souls are Your temples, for You dwell therein. Amen. I trust in You.

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
Part 4, Entry 13

The conclusion of the cleansing of the Temple.

(We find Yeshua still among the poor, in the outer court of the Temple.)

Within the crowd was a blind man smiling a toothless grin, waving his walking stick and dancing the best he could. Yeshua sighed, amazed. "You rejoiced even though you can not see!" He took the man by the hand. The man grew quiet and Yeshua touched his eyes. A tremulous sigh escaped the blind man's lips. "Ah! An angel has touched me! An angel has touched me!"

"No it is Yeshua Min 'Zareth!" answered some in the crowd, their voices filled with awe.

"Now you may both rejoice AND see! Open your eyes!" commanded Yeshua.

Obeying Yeshua's command, he opened his eyes and cried at once, "The light! The light! It is so bright!" Once again he dared another look at the world of men. "Oh! It is so beautiful." His eyes blinked repeatedly. "Oh what I have missed these many years." He searched the crowd. "I can see everything! I can see all of you!" Thankful tears ran down his face. "Now. Where is my angel?"

As soon as he saw Yeshua he knew. There stood the Master and was of somewhat slighter stature compared to the former blind man. Immediately the man grabbed a hold of Yeshua with a strong embrace and kissed his hair.

"No angel...Much more than an angel!" He wept.

All the people cried including Yeshua as the man unashamedly stroked my Master's hair. We thought nothing strange about this show of affection. We were glad for it, glad for Yeshua. How much he deserved this demonstration of gratitude! That ragged group gathered around their equally ragged Messiah and worshipped him. I myself knelt down and kissed the hem of his robe. I thought that I couldn't have loved him more than I already did but my love grew there in the sun drenched courts of the Temple.

Yeshua! Yeshua!

I was stealing him away to the flowering fields in Galilee.

But Yeshua looked out over the crowd. "Come near Esther!" He beckoned with an outstretched hand. No one came. Yeshua waited with a knowing smile. Then a woman stepped forward, tall and draped in a coarse dark veil and mantle.

"Come." Yeshua said.

I forsook my place at his feet. She came shaking and immediately fell on her knees sobbing. When she lifted her hands to her face, I saw the jeweled bracelets snaked around her wrists and upper arms and the intricate henna patterns painted on her golden skin. I guessed she had lived a sordid past. Quickly I knelt and slipped a comforting arm around her shoulder. "It is alright my darling. He forgives you." I whispered. Yeshua also touched her head gently.

"Come unto me all of you who are weary and heavy laden," he said. "Take my yoke upon you and learn of me for I am gentle and humble of heart and I will refresh your soul. My yoke is easy and my burden is light."

We all crowded into his outstretched arms hungering for his quiet touch. We stood huddled around the Master in deep silence for quite awhile, all under the jealous eye of the priests who watched from a distance.

Yeshua did not leave that day until he had healed every affliction and every disease. not until the colors of the setting sun gave way to the dark blue of evening. By now the temple grounds were bathed in torch light. Yeshua kissed those who stood near by and wrapped his arms around many, spreading his blessing.

"I will return tomorrow." he promised.

He came near Yochannan and the young disciple threw a cloak around Yeshua's shoulders. I watched Yeshua's face and saw the perspiration on his furrowed brow. He was utterly spent.

"Thank you Yochannan." he sighed.

Without hesitation Yochannan put his arm around the Master.
"I have found a place where you can rest. It's a beautiful garden on the mount of olives. There are flowers of every kind and a fountain.." He said enthusiastically.

Yeshua managed a smile. "Yes. That would do us all good. A night in a garden."

"It may become a favorite place of yours, Yeshi." I observed cheerfully.

Yeshua took my hand. His smile was unguarded. "Do you think so Mariam?" He laughed. "Shall I have a retreat from our dear friends the Pharisees?"

Everyone, Tamar, Sushanna, Rebecca, the disciples and even Judah returned his laugher as we walked in the moonlight toward Olivet.

Next: Another part of the Journal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
Very lovely! All healing, all holiness, all forgiveness comes from Him!

Thanks! Upon re-reading this section I felt there wasn't enough description to let us know that the woman with the "sordid past" was truly sordid so i added to and changed what I had written.

"When she lifted her hands to her face, I saw the jeweled bracelets snaked around her wrists and upper arms and the intricate henna patterns painted on her golden skin."

Is "golden skin" okay?

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
this subject has been explored by authors, musicians, and film makers, three I can think of right off bat is Jesus Christ Superstar

On the other hand why wouldn't any woman be attracted to Christ during His time on earth? He had every good qaulity a woman desires in a man in perfection. So yes she loves Him

"I ... don't know how to love Him ..."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stormdancer0

Do not be so open-minded that your brain falls out
Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Good Journey, Kisstheson. We will miss your beautiful stories, and your lovely paintings. I'd like to tack this thread to the top.

Amy, we all knew how close you were to Jesus by your art and your words. We just didn't know you would go home so suddenly. We wish you could have written more. I guess we'll just have to wait until we, too, are called home.

RIP, Amy.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Blessed to have shared our time...:prayer:...so happy your now in His arms

A site with Kisstheson's art

http://ransomedheart.net/photo/photo/listForContributor?screenName=291y3qeafrs6q

edit: adding this post where I had commented on her passing at another site.

Original post by Hawlak
Kisstheson would have been surprised at all the attention, but very thankful. I posted with her on the same small forum for abt 4 yrs (Maid in His image) and while we posted from different perspectives our goal has been the same...to spread the love of Jesus to those who are hurting.
I'll miss her alot because she brought a beautiful balance to sometimes difficult situations. But this is the fullness of her time in the Lord. Sometimes He takes away what we need so that we will need Him more.
Bless all of you for your lovely replys.
One of the women on the forum related a beautiful vision of seeing her greeting in an embrace with the Lord.."Amy" he said, while she beamed up at Him. "Kiss the Son" He said, while she giggled slightly at what she thought was a reference to her username, then she smiled brightly as she realised He was giving her permission.
Awesome..that's how I will remember her.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some of Amy's art that I had downloaded onto desktop pictures.

Attachments

• ShadeTree1.jpg
    ShadeTree1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 147
  • rememberingthepassion.jpg
    rememberingthepassion.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 109
  • PIUYF-YWGFC-willyoumarryme~Jesus.jpg
    PIUYF-YWGFC-willyoumarryme~Jesus.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 111
  • DiewithMebeloved.jpg
    DiewithMebeloved.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 112
  • CWWDK-EUTRL-ChristOfTheWoodland3.jpg
    CWWDK-EUTRL-ChristOfTheWoodland3.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 61
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Amylisa

Yeshua's love is my life
Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
✟23,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thread stickied.

Thank you!!

Amy's last post on the day, she passed away.

I had not seen this. Thanks Graceful.:) Now she knows many things about Him that earthly words can not describe!!!

Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor has it entered into the heart of man, what God has prepared for those who love Him.:clap: Alleluia!!

"Sometimes He takes away what we need so that we will need Him more."
Very true, Maid. Very well said.

Upvote 0

Shulamite

My Bridegroom suffered this for ME
Oct 12, 2007
USA
✟18,125.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aww..... my.... I am so glad this thread got "stickied". Thank you so much to the Mods for this.

I miss Amy so deeply. I have many of her artwork pictures (some she painted for me personally) as well as her books and a CD. I miss her Magdalene stories too. I may as well say I miss everything about her and thank the Lord DAILY that He allowed her in my life for 3 years.....

Upvote 0

Fire Angel

Jul 15, 2010
Canada
✟15,266.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I so often think of what it would be like to hang out with Jesus in His day, and learn from Him by seeing Him. So awesome. But I do have His power of the Holy Spirit living in me, and as I read in His word, I can do as He did in His time. But yes I do think and wonder what it would be like in His day.

Upvote 0