Ork
✟22,644.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
When I go to the bathroom, I've never gone with another person, so I'm alone then....

even though I have a room mate now, I was living solo for a year.

I've not been in a romantic relationship in a long time.

Often times I'm the only person able to communicate on my level of genius.

So yes, I've been alone before many times.

How about you OP?

Upvote 0
B

BelievingIsObeying

TwistTim said:
When I go to the bathroom, I've never gone with another person, so I'm alone then....

even though I have a room mate now, I was living solo for a year.

I've not been in a romantic relationship in a long time.

Often times I'm the only person able to communicate on my level of genius.

So yes, I've been alone before many times.

How about you OP?

No, God is always with me and watching me. Even though I do feel alone 24/7, I know that I am not.

Upvote 0

HonestTruth

Jul 4, 2013
Reaganomics: TOTAL FAIL
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
obedience to the faith.

i would say that's the whole theme of the book of romans.

(off topic)

Not sure it is that limited as the Book appears to be very broad in its scope and teaching. The one thing that stands out about it to me is the fact that so many women are mentioned as apostles but Peter is not mentioned even though he was supposedly the first Pope in that city.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
A

Allectus

Yep. Totally alone at times. Childhood was a bit rough. Lack of parents, lack of friends. By the time late highschool/college rolled around, I was pretty used to being alone. I have a tiny network of fantastic, caring, intelligent people around now.. Andd one day maybe I will find a fantastic Christian girl and wish I had more alone time. : )

interesting question..

Upvote 0

HonestTruth

Jul 4, 2013
Reaganomics: TOTAL FAIL
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christians with the gift of celibacy

I always find it interesting that this phrase is used based on New Testament teaching as if it was a blessing. The reason being because I don't quite see celibacy as a blessing even though it is in Scripture. Though I'm a 60+ year old bachelor, I do not believe in the single life and, as history shows, society cannot flourish when the family influence loses its prominence. On that basis I see this aspect of NT teaching as a serious flaw, one lacking in logic, and one shown historically to be clearly erroneous.

In fact, like Solomon of whom I am descended, I see biblically based plural marriage as a blessing. Mind you before I proceed that I was banned from a religious professing website for saying this. I cited writings from Martin Luther and John Milton who both said polygyny is not incompatible with NT teaching. I also cited historical proofs that Christians practiced this until the 4th century when the imperial Roman empire adopted Christianity and mandated the pagan practice of monogamy upon all citizenry. I also cited proofs that Ashkenazim Jews practiced it until the 10th century, that Sefardic Jews practiced it until the 15th century, and that Yemeni Jews still do so on a a limited basis. Thus, contrary to conventional Christian teaching, polygyny is not sinful and there are numerous websites which present further evidence of this truth.

I stayed single all my life as I had no choice. Women simply did not take any interest in me. No, I'm not exactly a handsome Prince Charming but do believe I have good qualities. Never made much money and that was a big hindrance to me as I had some tendency to attract highly intellectual women who viewed me as an intellectual equal but who viewed my small wages as a flaw. Don't know why women in this society are as materialistic as they are and why they ignore James 2 which demands that the rich and poor be treated alike. But such is the world.

Thus, while being single may be taught as a "blessing" in the NT, it shouldn't be. History, logic, philosophy, and many other religions (including many Christian denominations) teach that this state of being is contrary to society's interests.

Upvote 0

letsbefriends

Aug 6, 2013
✟15,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Have you ever been alone?

Oh yes, many times. Especially when I was in a sophomore in high school. I was always alone. I wondered why I didn't get to hang out with my friends at school. Turns out they were not my friends because I would not have wanted to be their friends after observing their behaviors. I guess I'm a little choosy, judgmental, and exclusive sometimes, like all I wanted was to have some Christian friends who acted Christian in their ways. I saw some Christians hanging out with these people and i thought,"Why am I the odd man out?" Now i'm just like,"I wouldn't have had it any other way." I wanted people to like me so i decided to conform a little. That didn't work because it contradicted my true self. I needed to be myself. I don't care if they didn't like me now. however, when i'm alone at school or if i'm sitting alone eating my lunch, I'll be like,"am i a loner? why is friendship so easy for others but not for me?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

letsbefriends

Aug 6, 2013
✟15,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
well who hasn't been alone? we all have and we will someday. It's part of life, now that i think about it. i have been alone because i'm an only child and I just happen to not like very many people I met. sometimes i think that their character and their mannerism are far different than mine. not that i was perfect or anything. in fact, i was pretty judgmental towards others as well and behind their backs, saying oh my goodness, can't believe that he said this or he acted this way and things like that. oh man.

Upvote 0

Scott1979

Grateful
Jul 12, 2011
USA
✟8,735.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Really a vague question. If you have God, you are never alone. Has everybody been by themselves at one time or another, yes. I've always felt that you should be content with being by yourself. If you HAVE to have somebody around then there is some deeper issues that need addressing. I myself am not a sociable person. I'm fine with that. To answer your question I would say no. I look at being alone and being by yourself as 2 different things.

Upvote 0