Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have you and others noticed a positive permanent change in you since becoming a Christian?
Yes. At least, in my heart motivations.
If you've fallen away, did you maintain the positive change?
I have had ups & downs emotionally, but Jesus has never ceased to be my first Love since getting Saved.
You And Me Jesus, Dallas Holm (1978)

Upvote 0

TzephanYahu

Sep 9, 2018
Dorset
✟96,000.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi @TheTrueWay

Have you and others noticed a positive permanent change in you since becoming a Christian?

This is a good question.

Yes, a positive trajectory is maintained by those who have truly given their heart to the Lord. But that doesn't mean they will always act or be positive permanently.

I believe it's necessary for every disciple to go through a wilderness experience at some point. A time when you are really tried to see who you are. This can be a short time or a long time - depending on how long it takes to learn the lesson.

Therefore, it's not so much how you've been or how long you have been that way, but who you are today - right now. So whether you have been in a negative way for 15 years and are positive today, surely it is equal to a man who has been positive for 15 years and is now negative today. With this in mind, consider the judgment upon Moses when he reacted angrily and struck the rock against the Father's Will.

Also consider Ezekiel 18:24-29 concerning your question and it may give you the answer you're looking for.

The Living God is interested in how we live, not how we've lived or will yet live. The present state of being is paramount. If that makes any sense...

Love & Shalom

Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
In my case, I grew up in a Christian family and church community, so when I made my own commitment to the Christian faith, it was a personal affirmation of a way of life I was already part of, and thus there wasn't much change of life at the time of that first decision.

But I'll say that in the 50 years since that first commitment, I can see many positive, permanent ways that the Christian faith has shaped my life and my choices. And every so often, something will happen -- I'll read a Bible passage or encounter a situation -- and I'll say "Oh, wow, I never saw it that way before; I need to behave differently here", and another positive change will be underway.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Not only myself but it can be spoken for a fair amount of other Christians who have given up alcohol. It's not as if I woke up one day and thought, I'm giving up booze because of Christ. There was a very lengthy period of time of life and its' events that convicted me of changing this habit because faith in God allows Him to work with you over the years to lead you to change.

I'll use the Amplified Bible for 1 Thessalonians 5:24,
"Faithful and absolutely trustworthy is He who is calling you [to Himself for your salvation], and He will do it [He will fulfill His call by making you holy, guarding you, watching over you, and protecting you as His own]."

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I’ve had positive growth since I decided to obey the Lord. By enduring my cross I have continued to stand in the congregation of the righteous. I’m slipping now a little but God has not taken my blessing. He forgives me more and takes my guilt and gives another chances. Just can’t be sinless and wonder what I can trust the Lord for in this life... I can trust him for forgiveness and restoration and He won’t forsake me. There is no sinless life for me; it’s disappointing. But if I repent, I remain in his will. Don’t want to treat Him this way. I don’t want to feel bad. I want to do good. But so seldom I do.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yes, my negative side challenges as always but my sense of prayer & works ( mostly alms giving, blood donation etc.) for others is genuine & focused ( per Matthew 6:1-15). I fall deeply short on love of God & neighbor ( Matthew 22:36-40) but always remember the Lord’s golden rule ( Matthew 7:12, detailed in Matthew 7:1-12).

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Yes. Definitely. Much has changed for the better. Permanently, though? Not 'til I reach heaven.

Well, since the change all emanates from a Person - the Holy Spirit - if I draw back from him, I draw back from the Source of the change. I don't have the ability to make the sort of changes the Spirit makes.

Upvote 0

ldonjohn

Sep 20, 2013
✟81,277.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, the Holy Spirit changed the focus of my life from "self" to the needs of others, to a thirst for the Word of God, to a need for fellowship with other Christians, and to a concern for the spiritual condition of my loved ones and for others.
From time to time the circumstances of life will momentarily change the focus of my mind from spiritual things to worldly matters, but the Holy Spirit is faithful to remind me that God is in control and my comfort comes from Him.

John

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, not sure where to post this.

Thanks.

My story is one of times of success and times of failure. It took God many years to bring out positive attributes in me. It certainly was not an instantaneous change. Some things changed instantly, i..e i became dedicated to God, more active. But my nature only changed as I grew in knowledge of God's word, and spent time in daily prayer. I did fall away for a time, and I certainly lost all positive attributes, I was a sinner, and sin ruled my life. I went through a time where I thought I was destined for hell and had no hope. Yet on returning to God, he enlivened the positive and even began to work some miracles on my behalf, like the healing of the sick, etc. It really is not an issue of where we find ourselves right now, but what we can become as we maintain focus on God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums