• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Hate Speech...

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by Carl Emerson, Jan 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Confused-by-christianity

Confused-by-christianity Well-Known Member

+187
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    Can you post the sources?

2. JohnDB

JohnDB Regular Member

+1,249
    Christian
    Married
    *Sigh*

I'm not sure what history book you need...

3. Confused-by-christianity

+187
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    We can start with where you got that information from ? From there you can post the numbers that show this is happening a lot??

4. JohnDB

JohnDB Regular Member

+1,249
    Christian
    Married
    If only there existed a "World Wide Web" of information out there...*sigh*
    I guess someone will need to invent it.

5. Jamsie

Jamsie Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,264
    United States
    Christian
    Single
  6. Confused-by-christianity

+187
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    The www won’t tell me your source. Only you know that. Do you have it??

7. NerdGirl

NerdGirl The untamed daughter

+3,019
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    To each, their own opinion.

It's a slippery slope from this:
    Person A says "Go kill that person" directly to Person B, and Person B goes out and kills the aforementioned person, and Person A is guilty of inciting crime/violence.

To this:
    Person A says "Fight for what you believe in!" and Person B hears/reads this, interprets it to mean that violence is acceptable in achieving his personal aims, and goes out and kills someone. Person A is not responsible in any way, shape, or form, for Person B's actions.

8. NerdGirl

+3,019
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    And who gets to define "denigrates", "perceived membership", "epithets", "promote", "intended" and "incite"? Start down the slippery slope, and you'll just keep sliding further and further.

Insults are not crimes.

9. NerdGirl

+3,019
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    The moment you try to define what is a moral "duty" for another person, you're infringing on their rights. Nobody should be forced through the rule of law, to be "nice". Being nice is a good, moral, ethical thing to do. But it shouldn't be mandated by laws. Men should always retain their freedom to be imperfect, rude, stupid, etc. You can't legislate perfection.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  10. JohnDB

JohnDB Regular Member

+1,249
    Christian
    Married
    Oh yeah?

Well,
    My momma is uglier than your mamma.

ROFL.

To me, this "respecting" of other people's feelings has gotten way out of control.

When you get confused with a person's decided gender for the day and then use some exclamitory remarks in frustration...that's one thing.

But to declare someone who is an elected official shouldn't be breathing....that's another altogether.

11. Jamsie

Jamsie Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,264
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Confused-by-christianity

+187
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    No, you can’t make a law regarding the heart. Still, I think freedom of expression which neglects duty is going to incur social penalties. (Please note: I am not saying laws should be made to force people to do their duty regarding freedom of speech, not an I saying that’s even possible)

13. NerdGirl

+3,019
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    To be fair, SPLC is a bit of a meme to most people.

They tend to pick out individuals that are connected with groups, and then use that individual's comments as if they stand as the policies of the entire group, which is disingenuous at best, and ludicrous at worst.

14. Confused-by-christianity

+187
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    Ordinarily speaking, if you say something is true - it’s up to you to prove it or show it to be true, or at least provide a reason why you think it’s true (like an article or book or something). That’s if you would like others to believe it also. Without that, the claim might not be very persuasive and your point may be largely overlooked.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  15. Redwingfan9

Redwingfan9 Well-Known Member

+1,502
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    It depends on what we define as hate? Is reciting Leviticus 18:22 hate? According to the left it is.

I would submit that the state should stay out of the business of hate speech. It isn't their job to determine what it is, regulate it or punish it.

16. SilverBear

SilverBear Well-Known Member

+1,930
    Non-Denom
    Widowed
    if everyone were good, moral and ethical there would be no need for any laws much less lows concerning hate speech

17. SilverBear

+1,930
    Non-Denom
    Widowed
    Please name the preachers in this country has been incarcerated and just what were they preaching

18. JohnDB

JohnDB Regular Member

+1,249
    Christian
    Married
    *rolls eyes and walks away*

I'm done.
    I really have no interest in people who want to have disengenous conversation.

19. NerdGirl

+3,019
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    That's the thing, though.

It's one thing to say "You can't murder another person".
    It's another to say "You can't upset another person."

One is reasonable. The other is not.

20. SilverBear

+1,930
    Non-Denom
    Widowed
    the people they do this with are founders and leaders of the group often acting as spokesperson for their group...why is that disingenuous?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.