Has young earth creationism become an obstacle to the Great Commission?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
You seem a special case. For you. perhaps we should phrase what is meant by the fishbowl, to avoid the impish repetition and chattering. We might just say the present state of existence that includes forces and laws and time. Does that help?

So the entire observable universe is inside of this fishbowl?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
dad, are you still in denial that it takes knowledge of the theory of evolution to get the oil you use every day?

There is a reason petroleum companies do not hire "creation" geologists, they want to find oil. Knowledge of the theory of evolution is necessary to find oil.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
These are scientific standards.
Is that you admitting that the forces and laws and time of this present state on earth are the standard for science!!!?? Then all is lost for you.

If you can't meet those standards then you have no science.
I can beat them not just meet them. The way to beat them is to let them run their course, do all that they can, and watch the show. Like a fish jumping in a small pond, it soon becomes apparent there are limits. The standards of history and God are not found in your little puddle, sorry. Nor is all the universe relegated to it, though you huff and puff.

You have been given every chance to discuss this science, and yet you fail to discuss it every time. Instead, you make excuses. Deception and fog, indeed.
Science is many things, what you thought we would cover it all in a post? The underlying issue is whether using present laws and extrapolating forward or backward with them can render a proper picture worthy to overrule the Almighty God. I haven't see you do that.

Then what would falsify a different state past? Unless you can show how it is falsifiable then you can not make these claims.
Give unto the fishbowl what is the fishbowl's, and unto God, what is God's. I do not recall God setting up some falsification program for what He revealed to man!!!!! 'OK, men, here is how you test and see if I really lied to you..'

Mischief like claiming you have science to back you up when you actually don't?
I have it ALL. Fossil record, you name it. All. Gravity, magnetism, decay, nothing but nothing is any problem. Looked at in the light of the actual past, it all fits wonderfully. The fact that you may try to jack hammer it to fit your belief system also simply tell me that is is no good on it's own to tell the state of the future or past.

“Hell is empty and all the devils are here.”

Upvote 0

Orogeny

Trilobite me!
Feb 25, 2010
✟17,090.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
dad, are you still in denial that it takes knowledge of the theory of evolution to get the oil you use every day?

There is a reason petroleum companies do not hire "creation" geologists, they want to find oil. Knowledge of the theory of evolution is necessary to find oil.
Not just knowledge, but intense and intricate application of evolution, scientific old earth geology (as opposed to creation 'geology'), and plate tectonics, three things that 'dad' vehemently opposes.

The energy industry wouldn't use it if it didn't work.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Is that you admitting that the forces and laws and time of this present state on earth are the standard for science!!!?? Then all is lost for you.

More deception from dad, as usual.

Falsifiability is a standard of science. Until you describe how your claims are falsifiable then you have no science.

I can beat them not just meet them. The way to beat them is to let them run their course, do all that they can, and watch the show. Like a fish jumping in a small pond, it soon becomes apparent there are limits. The standards of history and God are not found in your little puddle, sorry. Nor is all the universe relegated to it, though you huff and puff.

More fog and deception to make up for the lack of science you claimed to have.

Science is many things, what you thought we would cover it all in a post? The underlying issue is whether using present laws and extrapolating forward or backward with them can render a proper picture worthy to overrule the Almighty God. I haven't see you do that.

We aren't extrapolating. We are interpolating from direct observations. Why do you always fail to understand this?

Give unto the fishbowl what is the fishbowl's, and unto God, what is God's. I do not recall God setting up some falsification program for what He revealed to man!!!!! 'OK, men, here is how you test and see if I really lied to you..'

[/size] I have it ALL. Fossil record, you name it. All.

And more fog and deception.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So the entire observable universe is inside of this fishbowl?
How would I know? I suspect that our laws apply for man and his world. There is much happening out there not covered by our laws for sure. Spiritual. The thing is science can't tell. They just see stuff from earth and figure that earth laws and forces apply and are all that apply. How would we be able to tell if the whole universe changed at the split also, or just man's sector?

“I am not bound to please thee with my answer.”

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not just knowledge, but intense and intricate application of evolution, scientific old earth geology (as opposed to creation 'geology'), and plate tectonics, three things that 'dad' vehemently opposes.

The energy industry wouldn't use it if it didn't work.
Things evolved and plates moved. You are wrong. Thought I was born last night??

“But, soft! methinks I do digress too much,”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
More deception from dad, as usual.

Falsifiability is a standard of science. Until you describe how your claims are falsifiable then you have no science.
No one questions science can be false and needs constant checking up on. It can and must be able to be shown false. God is another matter.

More fog and deception to make up for the lack of science you claimed to have.
All. That is how much science is on my side. Fossil record for example. It is just a partial record of creatures that were able to fossilize in the former state. It is sad and pathetic that evos thought it represented the record of all life on earth! You see it is not science that opposes me just the religious coloring on evidence and science the devoid conjure into every brew.

We aren't extrapolating. We are interpolating from direct observations. Why do you always fail to understand this?
Because it is false. Prove there was decay in the time just before man started to appear in the record, for example? You observe squat. You dream dreams.

“The time is out of joint.”

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The scientific principles upon which the most profitable companies on Earth are built are wrong. This is your contention?
Not all of them. There are layers in a pattern. That pattern does not represent what they thought, but it exists.

“Come, thou tortoise!”

Upvote 0

Orogeny

Trilobite me!
Feb 25, 2010
✟17,090.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Not all of them. There are layers in a pattern. That pattern does not represent what they thought, but it exists.

Yes, all of them. Every petroleum company uses mainstream geology. If geology does not work as the petroleum industry understands it, we would not be able to predict where oil can be found. Yet, the industry is incredibly successful at finding and extracting their product. That success proves the theory effective, and makes you demonstrably wrong.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, all of them. Every petroleum company uses mainstream geology. If geology does not work as the petroleum industry understands it, we would not be able to predict where oil can be found.

Have you some grasp of what you are talking about? Exactly how do they predict where oil is? Relate that to what is being discussed here.

Yet, the industry is incredibly successful at finding and extracting their product. That success proves the theory effective.

The theory? Spell it out. How would a pond be required and some first life form, to have layers where oil is? Heck they can't seem to even agree on what it is!!! Some say from fossils others claim naturally produced by earth......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Orogeny

Trilobite me!
Feb 25, 2010
✟17,090.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Have you some grasp of what you are talking about?
Yes. I am a geologist employed by an energy company.

Exactly how do they predict where oil is?
Short answer: using principles of mainstream geology including those I've already mentioned.
Long answer: Read a petroleum geology textbook, earn a geology degree, and then you'll have some of the tools necessary to understand how it works. You probably still won't understand it all; I don't. I learn new stuff every day.

Relate that to what is being discussed here.

We're discussing the petroleum industry, which uses mainstream geology rather than YEC.

The theory? Spell it out.
T-H-E-O-R-Y

How would a pond be required and some first life form, to have layers where oil is? Heck they can't seem to even agree on what it is!!! Some say from fossils others claim naturally produced by earth......
babbling...

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes. I am a geologist employed by an energy company.

Short answer: using principles of mainstream geology including those I've already mentioned.

Long answer: Read a petroleum geology textbook, earn a geology degree, and then you'll have some of the tools necessary to understand how it works. You probably still won't understand it all; I don't. I learn new stuff every day.
So you can't say after all. For the lurkers, then I will say a few things on the matter.

The reasons that they they think the layers took great time are flimsy and belief based entirely.

“Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.”
― C.S. Lewis

Upvote 0

Orogeny

Trilobite me!
Feb 25, 2010
✟17,090.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
So you can't say after all.
No! I can't tell you how to find oil in a christianforums.com thread! The energy industry employ THOUSANDS of geologists who have millions of hours of experience to do that. May as well ask me to build a spaceship that can fly you to Mars. Don't be dim.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.