Has the Holy Spirit explicitly led you to keep the Sabbath?

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes. The Holy Spirit who inspired the Scriptures and continues to speak through the Scriptures has explicitly told us to keep the Sabbath in the Scriptures.

You could make the same argument you’re making with adultery. Suppose person X commits adultery but does not feel convicted. Has the Holy Spirit ever explicitly told you to not commit adultery?

What about revivals: How do seventh day Sabbatarians explain the lack of Sabbath observing following Spirit led revivals? ?

Also see: Any Holy Spirit Revival leading multitudes to Sabbath observance?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What about revivals: How do seventh day Sabbatarians explain the lack of Sabbath observing following Spirit led revivals? Also see: Any Holy Spirit Revival leading multitudes to Sabbath observance?
God's Spirit is the Spirit of the Word of truth *John 6:63. There is no revival from God's Spirit if that Spirit is leading us away from JESUS and His Word. It is not God's Spirit but another Spirit that JESUS warns us about in the last days able to show great signs and wonders all designed to deceive God's very elect *Matthew 24:24 and lead those who do not know God's Word away from JESUS and God's plan of salvation according to the scriptures. These we are told will have a "form of Godliness" but deny Gods' power to save them from their sins * 2 Timothy 3:1-5. They are those cry peace and safety before sudden destruction comes *1 Thessalonians 5:1-4. They heap together for themselves teachers having itching ears preaching smooth things *2 Timothy 4:3-4; Isaiah 30:10. These are the many that are called but not chosen *Matthew 22:14 and the very same that JESUS says at his coming; "Depart from me you who practice iniquity, I never knew you" - Matthew 7:21-23. JESUS says you shall know them by their fruits. God is a Spirit and those who worship him must worship him in Spirit and in truth *John 4:23-24. BABYLON (Christianity) has fallen *Revelation 18:1-5 and God is calling all who have ears to hear to come out and return back to the pure Word of God. Yep the "many" are the ones disappointed come judgement day according to the scriptures. It is only those who believe and follow God's Word that are his Sheep according to the scriptures.

God's Sheep hear His Voice (the Word) *John 10:26-27.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God's Spirit is the Spirit of the Word of truth *John 6:63. There is no revival from God's Spirit if that Spirit is leading us away from JESUS and His Word. It is not God's Spirit but another Spirit that JESUS warns us about in the last days able to show great signs and wonders all designed to deceive God's very elect *Matthew 24:24 and lead those who do not know God's Word away from JESUS and God's plan of salvation according to the scriptures. These we are told will have a "form of Godliness" but deny Gods' power to save them from their sins * 2 Timothy 3:1-5. They are those cry peace and safety before sudden destruction comes *1 Thessalonians 5:1-4. They heap together for themselves teachers having itching ears preaching smooth things *2 Timothy 4:3-4; Isaiah 30:10. These are the many that are called but not chosen *Matthew 22:14 and the very same that JESUS says at his coming; "Depart from me you who practice iniquity, I never knew you" - Matthew 7:21-23. JESUS says you shall know them by their fruits. God is a Spirit and those who worship him must worship him in Spirit and in truth *John 4:23-24. BABYLON (Christianity) has fallen *Revelation 18:1-5 and God is calling all who have ears to hear to come out and return back to the pure Word of God. Yep the "many" are the ones disappointed come judgement day according to the scriptures. It is only those who believe and follow God's Word that are his Sheep according to the scriptures.

God's Sheep hear His Voice (the Word) *John 10:26-27.

I invite you to post this very same answer on here: How do seventh day Sabbatarians explain the lack of Sabbath observing following Spirit led revivals?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I invite you to post this very same answer on here: How do seventh day Sabbatarians explain the lack of Sabbath observing following Spirit led revivals?
No need. You have already posted it here. No point going to a place where the person making the OP decides who has be best answer (bias) and new members have no rights to vote the correct answers or that the correct answers do not get shown to be the correct answers even though they have the highest votes. Don't forget God's people that have the truth of Gods Word are a remnant. They are not the many but the few that are chosen. My reply is what does God's Word say and I believe the correct question that you should have asked is how can one know if a revival is of God or of the devil according to the scriptures? God's people are in every Church and he is calling his sheep back to the pure Word of God because God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No need. You have already posted it here. No point going to a place where the person making the OP decides who has be best answer (bias) and new members have no rights to vote the correct answers or that the correct answers do not get shown to be the correct answers even though they have the highest votes. Don't forget God's people that have the truth of Gods Word are a remnant. They are not the many but the few that are chosen. My reply is what does God's Word say and I believe the correct question that you should have asked is how can one know if a revival is of God or of the devil according to the scriptures?

As if this site were less biased. If your answer is really good, you will get many upvotes. I don't understand the fear ...

• Optimistic
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As if this site were less biased. If your answer is really good, you will get many upvotes. I don't understand the fear ...
Nonsense. The fear is only your side if you do not want to talk scripture and you feel the need to transfer your OP you started here to a website where the OP (you) determines who has the correct answer and who does not and new members have no right to vote what the correct answer is.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: TruthSeek3r
Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nonsense. The fear is only your side if you do not want to talk scripture and you feel the need to transfer your OP you started here to a website where the OP (you) determines who has the correct answer and who does not and new members have no right to vote what the correct answer is.

Afraid of your answer being judged by a large community with high rep users?

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This seems like a very silly way of evaluating a denomination. It's also subjective. Unless you interviewed everyone who attended before and after a revival and had follow-ups. Is Sabbath-keeping ever going to be the dominate day or worship anymore? Unfortunately no, the Bible teaches us that, Matthew 7:13-14 Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

The better question you should be asking and the more important question- what did Jesus do? He kept the seventh day Sabbath His Father handwrote for us to Remember.

I would rather not win the popularity contest on this earth, but do what is right in the eyes of God.

That said, the Word is getting out there thanks to programs like 3ABN, Amazing Facts, It is Written, Hope Chanel and a plethora of other SDA programs being broadcast across the world. Maybe you should check some of them out.

God Bless

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This seems like a very silly way of evaluating a denomination. It's also subjective. Unless you interviewed everyone who attended before and after a revival and had follow-ups.
Of course that's unfeasible, but you still can get an overall sense of the outcomes of a revival by inspecting a representative sample of testimonies as well as the doctrines of the congregations and denominations that spawned out of the revival. It turns out that in most of the revivals you pretty much never hear of people getting convicted of breaking the Sabbath and churches embracing seventh day Sabbatarianism. In contrast, you do hear of people quitting drugs, alcohol, lust, robbery, marriages restored, people quitting witchcraft, people getting delivered from demons, miraculous healings, people getting baptized in the Holy Spirit, people getting on fire for Jesus and becoming missionaries, etc. But you pretty much never hear of a widespread adoption of the Sabbath. This is confirmed by the fact that narrowly about 1% of Christendom practices seventh-day Sabbatarianism.

Is Sabbath-keeping ever going to be the dominate day or worship anymore? Unfortunately no, the Bible teaches us that, Matthew 7:13-14 Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
Matthew 7:13-14 never talks about the Sabbath, that's an arbitrary and baseless connection you are making.

The better question you should be asking and the more important question- what did Jesus do? He kept the seventh day Sabbath His Father handwrote for us to Remember.

From this I understand that you adhere to the argument: "If Jesus did it, we should do it. Therefore, if Jesus kept the Sabbath, we should keep the Sabbath too". Well, if you agree with that line of reasoning, then I assume that you also defend the following points:
  • Circumcision (Jesus was literally, physically circumcised): Should we get literally, physically circumcised too?
  • Rosh Chodesh (New Moons): Jesus obeyed the whole Law, so he definitely observed Rosh Chodesh. Do you celebrate Rosh Chodesh the first day of each month?
  • Jesus certainly gave the tenth of the spices (mint, dill and cumin): do you give the tenth of the spices (mint, dill and cumin)?
  • Jesus healed the sick: do you heal the sick?
  • Jesus cast out demons: do you cast out demons?
  • Jesus fasted for 40 days and came back in the power of the Spirit: have you fasted for 40 days? Did you come back after that fast in the power of the Spirit?
  • Jesus raised the dead: do you raise the dead?
  • Jesus performed lots of miracles: do you perform miracles?
  • Jesus walked on water: do you walk on water?
  • Jesus prayed for hours on end: do you pray for hours on end?
  • Jesus went from town to town preaching the gospel: do you go from town to town preaching the gospel?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Of course that's unfeasible, but you still can get an overall sense of the outcomes of a revival by inspecting a representative sample of testimonies as well as the doctrines of the congregations and denominations that spawned out of the revival. It turns out that in most of the revivals you pretty much never hear of people getting convicted of breaking the Sabbath and churches embracing seventh day Sabbatarianism. In contrast, you do hear of people quitting drugs, alcohol, lust, robbery, marriages restored, people quitting witchcraft, people getting delivered from demons, miraculous healings, people getting baptized in the Holy Spirit, people getting on fire for Jesus and becoming missionaries, etc. But you pretty much never hear of a widespread adoption of the Sabbath. This is confirmed by the fact that narrowly about 1% of Christendom practices seventh-day Sabbatarianism.

Matthew 7:13-14 never talks about the Sabbath, that's an arbitrary and baseless connection you are making.

From this I understand that you adhere to the argument: "If Jesus did it, we should do it. Therefore, if Jesus kept the Sabbath, we should keep the Sabbath too". Well, if you agree with that line of reasoning, then I assume that you also defend the following points:
  • Circumcision (Jesus was literally, physically circumcised): Should we get literally, physically circumcised too?
  • Rosh Chodesh (New Moons): Jesus obeyed the whole Law, so he definitely observed Rosh Chodesh. Do you celebrate Rosh Chodesh the first day of each month?
  • Jesus certainly gave the tenth of the spices (mint, dill and cumin): do you give the tenth of the spices (mint, dill and cumin)?
  • Jesus healed the sick: do you heal the sick?
  • Jesus cast out demons: do you cast out demons?
  • Jesus fasted for 40 days and came back in the power of the Spirit: have you fasted for 40 days? Did you come back after that fast in the power of the Spirit?
  • Jesus raised the dead: do you raise the dead?
  • Jesus performed lots of miracles: do you perform miracles?
  • Jesus walked on water: do you walk on water?
  • Jesus prayed for hours on end: do you pray for hours on end?
  • Jesus went from town to town preaching the gospel: do you go from town to town preaching the gospel?

Wow, is this your understanding of the Bible? We should be more like Jesus, but we are not Jesus, so most of those questions are just silly not remotely applicable.

Too bad you missed the whole point.

Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow, is this your understanding of the Bible? We should be more like Jesus, but we are not Jesus, so most of those questions are just silly not remotely applicable.

Too bad you missed the whole point.

So you are conveniently cherry picking the Sabbath among all the things Jesus practiced? Is that what you are saying?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So you are conveniently cherry picking the Sabbath among all the things Jesus practiced? Is that what you are saying?
That's not even a fair comparison because I am not Jesus, I don't walk on water or perform miracles. But if you're asking me if I strive to be more like Him, than yes I do as He is our example.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The One true God does not change and is for a minority...a remnant will survive...overcome

I never said He changed but the laws have definitely changed. Are we still required to observe the Passover rituals? Are we still required to offer animal sacrifices? Are we still required to be circumcised? Are we still required to stone people to death? Are we still under the Old Covenant? All of these have changed.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wrong! Your post and claims have no truth in them but lets show why from the scriptures and let Gods Word speak as only God's Word is true and we should believe *Romans 3:4 and follow them *Acts of the Apostles 5:29 over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God which JESUS warns us about in Matthew 15:3-9.

JESUS (not me) says in Mark 2:27 [27], "The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath." Notice that the scripture says "man" it does not say "Jew" or "Israelite" Let's dig a little deeper by looking at the Greek word meanings.

The Greek word used here is G444 ἄνθρωπος; anthrōpos From G435 and ὤψ ōps (the countenance ; from G3700); manfaced, that is, a human being: - certain, man. So JESUS (not me) is saying that he made the Sabbath for Human beings. When JESUS made the Sabbath for Human beings he created it on the "seventh day" of the creation week *Genesis 2:1-3. When God created the Sabbath on the "seventh day" of the creations week there was no Jew and no Israel only Adam and Eve (Human beings).

BDAG G444 MAN

ἄνθρωπος, ου, ὁ (Hom.+; loanw. in rabb.; ἡ ἄνθρωπος [Hdt. 1, 60, 5] does not appear in our lit.) ‘human being, man, person’.① a person of either sex, w. focus on participation in the human race, a human being

Note the application is to everyone, all people, a person especially in regards to σάββατον (Sabbath)

b. w. the generic art. (Wsd 2:23; 4 Macc 2:21; PsSol 5:16; Just., D. 20, 2) ὁ ἀγαθὸς ἄ. the good person, opp. ὁ πονηρὸς ἄ. the evil person Mt 12:35. οὐκ ἐπʼ ἄρτῳ ζήσεται ὁ ἄ. no one can live on bread (Dt 8:3) 4:4. κοινοῖ τὸν ἄ. defiles a person 15:11, 18; cp. Mk 7:15, 20; τὸ σάββατον (Sabbath) διὰ τὸν ἄ. ἐγένετο 2:27; τί ἦν ἐν τῷ ἀ. J 2:25; κρίνειν τὸν ἄ. 7:51; ὁ νόμος κυριεύει τοῦ ἀ. Ro 7:1; ὁ ποιήσας ἄ. everyone who does it 10:5 (Lev 18:5; 2 Esdr 19:29); κακὸν τῷ ἀ. τῷ διὰ προσκόμματος ἐσθίοντι wrong for anyone who eats w. misgivings Ro 14:20 al.

Sorry dear friend it is you reading into the scriptures what the scriptures do not teach in order to follow a tradition and teaching that is not biblical. JESUS warns us about doing this in Matthew 15:3-9.

Hope this is helpful.

No you are saying that the Sabbath was made for everyone since creation which is a false statement. That is not what Jesus said. That’s why you keep adding the word “ALL” before man. There is zero evidence to even suggest that anyone kept the Sabbath before Mt Sinai. Jesus said the Sabbath was made for man. He did not say the Sabbath was made for “all man” as you keep saying. The Sabbath was made for man at Mt Sinai not before.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok please show me the scripture that says God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day? - Ill wait...

BtBuD61CQAA9UPd

Seriously now, there is no scripture. Your putting man-made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God over the Word of God. JESUS warns us about this in Matthew 15:3-9. According to the scriptures breaking God's law is sin *1 John 3:4 and if we knowingly break anyone of them including the Sabbath we stand guilty before God of sin according to James 2:10-11.

These are God's Words not mine dear friend, do you believe them?

Yeah that’s exactly what the Judaisers would’ve said to the apostles in Acts 15. I never said there is a scripture that says the Sabbath would be abolished. Guess what there’s no scripture that said circumcision would be abolished before the Holy Spirit abolished it. There’s no scripture that said the Passover would be abolished. There’s no scripture that said animal sacrifices would be abolished. None of these were mentioned in the scriptures as being abolished until after they were abolished.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Vatican II is the official position of the RCC to this very day.

Yes and that council has remained rejected by the Catholic Church to this day. The Roman Catholic Church is not the Catholic Church.

Upvote 0