Has the Holy Spirit explicitly led you to keep the Sabbath?

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So you would be naive enough to believe that tens of thousands of devoted servants of God scattered over thousands of miles apart who risked their very lives to spread the gospel would ALL conspire together and agree to preach a different gospel WITH ABSOLUTELY NO RESISTANCE WHATSOEVER?
it was 1054 when they had to separate over leavened or unleavened bread...was that not a huge conspiracy too?

You ignore throughout He had His keeping Sabbaths...like when EliYah was reminded there were 7000 others...

You deliberately close your eyes to any logical or rational thought process to evaluate the situation that would’ve had to take place in order for your false accusations against the church to even be possible.
ALREADY in scripture Paul Peter warned of the changes to the traditions and teachings THEY gave...John mentioned one who wouldn't even fellowship with them...you don't think Satan was sleeping do you?

How dare you accuse me of being one of those who would crucify Christ just because I have the capacity to actually THINK about what would’ve had to happen in order for the ENTIRE CHRISTIAN CHURCH to fall to preaching a false gospel.
that's not why you would...but because you would DENY ANY NEW UNDERSTANDING

ACCORDING TO YOU THE GATES OF HELL DID PREVAIL OVER CHRIST’S CHURCH UNTIL 1867AD. SOMETHING CHRIST SAID WOULD NOT HAPPEN.
hell has not prevailed as many have been reached and saved...not sure you understand the prevailing of gates now...

I’ve taken the time to study on church history and early church teachings. It’s extremely obvious by your constant misconceptions that you know nothing about church history.
oh my!...I know enough that Sabbath keepers were throughout...and in the East...

You think Rome was governing the church and you know nothing about how the church was actually governed or Rome’s excommunication from it.
even shared with you that NEW UNDERSTANDING CHANGES TRADITION

Your knowledge in this area is less than elementary. Furthermore your constant unwarranted attacks on me indicate a severe lack of maturity or restraint on your part even despite my recent ignoring and declining to comment on your posts for the sake of avoiding an argument
oh boy...so you ignore or decline response to avoid an argument? LOL

but you’ve overstepped your boundary with this accusation that I would be one to crucify Christ. That was completely uncalled for.
yours is exactly the same argument used by those that did crucify Him...that He offered NEW understanding AND the NEED of correction...which they DID NOT agree to...and it wasn't just Him...they killed many prophets sent for the SAME REASON...

there is the shoe...it fits...wear it or leave it...

"REPENT" is still the message...

You think I got this knowledge of the scriptures and church history by accident? You seem like someone who has been deceived by a false gospel because you didn’t know any better and still haven’t had the motivation to actually do the study to test your own beliefs. Like someone who just jumped on the first bandwagon and went with whatever he was told because he was too lazy to put forth any actual effort to do any study to look at the gospel from other perspectives because surely he wouldn’t want to have to admit making a mistake because that might involve swallowing his pride or maybe you just lack the mental capacity to do so in which case I pity you.

So...it remains Sabbath was instituted BEFORE sin...MADE FOR MAN (as was everything made that week) as per the Lord of the Sabbath's instruction...which He would know having not only MADE it but had ALSO given this LIVING ORACLE to His people at Sinai...even those NOT of Jacob...

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟887,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do we listen to God's Words and follow them, or do we listen to the "other" voice who tells us were will surely not die regardless of our lifestyle, and that God's Commandments burden us with blindness.

That’s an exaggeration the Catholic Church has never taught salvation regardless of our lifestyle or that God’s commandments burden us with blindness.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟326,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Would this be the first time the Holy Spirit abolished one of God’s commandments? No

I am aware of the Holy Spirit defining Laws of God, but not abolishing them. Can you give me a Scriptural example?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟887,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
it was 1054 when they had to separate over leavened or unleavened bread...was that not a huge conspiracy too?

They split over leavened or unleavened bread? You obviously didn’t read very much. Go back a keep reading until you find the real reason they split. The situation had been coming to a head since the 7th century when Rome took it upon themselves to alter the Nicene Creed without authorization from the ecumenical council when they added the filioque which said that the Holy Spirit precedes from the Father and the Son. The eastern churches were enraged by Rome’s unauthorized changes but not enough to split over it. Then came the problems of the use of leavened bread in the eastern churches that Rome rejected then Rome insisted on priest celibacy which the eastern churches rejected and finally the straw that broke the camel’s back was when the bishop of Rome claimed that he has papal supremacy over all the churches and they must all submit to his authority and that’s when the eastern churches excommunicated Rome.

Edit oh and there was the issue where the eastern churches insisted that Rome remove their artwork which Rome refused.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟326,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That’s an exaggeration the Catholic Church has never taught salvation regardless of our lifestyle or that God’s commandments burden us with blindness.

The entire mainstream religious apparatus teaches salvation that has noting to do with God's Laws. And it also teaches a different definition of what is Clean, and what is Holy, that God tauthgt.

I'm not sure how you can deny this.

Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We’re not questioning when God sanctified the Sabbath we’re questioning whether or not the church had the authority to abolish it.

Thought He did at the cross...but there ya go...the church thought it DID have the authority to abolish it...

NOT James...NOT the church at the Acts 15 council...Sabbath was still the expected day these Greeks wanting to hear of One resurrected and for the forgiveness of ALL were ALSO to hear the rest of Moses...

the official and complete change to Sunday came after...long after...

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟326,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Which prophecy said that all will turn away? None of them said all will turn away which is what your saying happened. Christ specifically said His church will remain. Where was this church before 1867?

The Bible says all have sinned. All have turned away. But there are some, Jesus said "Few" which will turn to God, while "many" will turn to "another voice", which in my view, are the religions of the land.

Christ's "Little Flocks" will remain faithful to God, this is true.

Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They split over leavened or unleavened bread? You obviously didn’t read very much.
LOL...don't forget the sign of the cross thingy...

Go back a keep reading until you find the real reason they split. The situation had been coming to a head since the 7th century when Rome took it upon themselves to alter the Nicene Creed without authorization from the ecumenical council when they added the filioque which said that the Holy Spirit precedes from the Father and the Son. The eastern churches were enraged by Rome’s unauthorized changes but not enough to split over it. Then came the problems of the use of leavened bread in the eastern churches that Rome rejected then Rome insisted on priest celibacy which the eastern churches rejected and finally the straw that broke the camel’s back was when the bishop of Rome claimed that he has papal supremacy over all the churches and they must all submit to his authority and that’s when the eastern churches excommunicated Rome.

Edit oh and there was the issue where the eastern churches insisted that Rome remove their artwork which Rome refused.

and even now these changes are protested as some wish to return to Latin...how DARE they ignore it was Greek first...lol

can't we all just get a long?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And here we go again God commanded Jews and foreigners living among them must be circumcised in Genesis 17 and the Holy Spirit abolished that commandment from God in Acts 15.

Correction - there is no command for Gentiles to be circumcised in OT or NT in order to worship God.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps it was founded on the day to honor the god of Saturn? If that’s your logic behind Sunday worship.

Who is older - God or the greek gods?
Who is the authority speaking to Moses - God or the greek pagan gods in your view?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟887,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Bible says all have sinned. All have turned away. But there are some, Jesus said "Few" which will turn to God, while "many" will turn to "another voice", which in my view, are the religions of the land.

Christ's "Little Flocks" will remain faithful to God, this is true.

So then the church failed? The plan to plant churches was a complete failure until Ellen White came along 1800 years later?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟887,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Who is older - God or the greek gods?
Who is the authority speaking to Moses - God or the greek pagan gods in your view?

God of course but my point was that every day of the week is named after a pagan god so it just so happens that the day Christ was resurrected was named after the sun god. If Christ were resurrected on a Monday you’d be claiming that worshipping on Monday was worshipping the moon god. No matter what day Christ was resurrected the false accusation would still occur unless He had risen on a Saturday. So your point holds no truth to it at all. It’s just another anticatholic propaganda. Show me one writing anywhere from the Catholic Church that taught worshipping of the sun god or any other god for that matter. You can’t because it doesn’t exist.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Studyman said:
I am reading and believing every scripture. This is why I oppose much of the religious philosophies promoted by the religions of the land I was born into.

. This is why I have a hard time accepting new theologies that have appeared long after the church was established. Theologies that have no historical background to support them. If I accept SDA theology then I must accept that there was a complete void of the true gospel being preached for over 1500 years

1. No SDA claims that - so why do you make such a claim about them?
2. The person you are responding to does not claim to even be SDA - "so what does that have to do with the price of putty in New Zealand "
3. SDAs did not come up with the Sabbath Commandment - God did...
4. Not everyone who admits that the Sabbath commandment is for all mankind and began in Eden is SDA.. even Sunday keeping groups do that!

================

I am glad that even these Sunday sources affirm all TEN of the Ten Commandments for Christians and included in the NEW Covenant of Jer 31:31-34

The Baptist Confession of Faith,
the Westminster Confession of Faith ,
D.L. Moody,
R.C Sproul,
Matthew Henry,
Thomas Watson
Eastern Orthodox Catechism
The Catholic Catechism.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God of course but my point was that every day of the week is named after a pagan god

Not in the Bible - in the Bible it is called "The Sabbath" and the "seventh day"
"The seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord (YHWH)" EX 20:10

Many centuries later some other names were given to that day. You are conflating two different things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If Christ were resurrected on a Monday you’d be claiming that worshipping on Monday was worshipping the moon god. .

circular argument.

We do not rewrite history at the time of Constantine's "venerable day of the sun" statement. Or is it your claim that Constantine would have said "the venerable day of the moon" in that alternate history you propose?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟887,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Then where was the Christian church that taught that keeping the Saturday Sabbath was necessary for salvation? There was no such Christian church.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
In Genesis 17 any foreigners living among the Jews must be circumcised.

Not true.

A. In Genesis 17 there were "no Jews"
B. In Genesis 17 it was a single patriarch Abraham his family and his servants in his household.

As I said - in the OT there was never a command that all gentiles had to be circumcised in order to worship God. You have conflated that into "all gentiles as a servant in Abraham's household 3500 years ago".

Context matters.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟887,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
2. The person you are responding to does not claim to even be SDA - "so what does that have to do with the price of putty in New Zealand "
3. SDAs did not come up with the Sabbath Commandment - God did...
4. Not everyone who admits that the Sabbath commandment is for all mankind and began in Eden is SDA.. even Sunday keeping groups do that!

================

I am glad that even these Sunday sources affirm all TEN of the Ten Commandments for Christians and included in the NEW Covenant of Jer 31:31-34

The Baptist Confession of Faith,
the Westminster Confession of Faith ,
D.L. Moody,
R.C Sproul,
Matthew Henry,
Thomas Watson
Eastern Orthodox Catechism
The Catholic Catechism.

None of these sources teach that keeping the Saturday Sabbath is required for salvation. Im not condemning keeping it or saying that the Catholic Church condemns it. I’m saying that no Christian church taught that the Saturday Sabbath must be kept in order to receive salvation.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Then where was the Christian church that taught that keeping the Saturday Sabbath was necessary for salvation? There was no such Christian church.

"if you love Me KEEP My Commandments" John 14:15
"This IS the Love of God that we KEEP His Commandments" 1 John 5:2-3
"the saints KEEP the Commandments of God AND their faith in Jesus" Rev 14:12
"what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God" 1 Cor 7:19
where the "first commandment with a promise" in that still-valid unit of ten - is the 5th commandment Eph 6:1-2
"not the hearers of the LAW are just before God but the doers of the Law will be JUSTIFIED" Rom 2:13

James 2 "break one Commandment - you break them all"

Heb 4 "there REMAINS therefore a Sabbath rest for the people of God"

Is 66:23 for all eternity after the cross in the New Earth "From Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL mankind come before Me to worship"

Upvote 0