Has the Holy Spirit explicitly led you to keep the Sabbath?

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And my point remains. You haven’t got anything to back your false claims. I’m done here I’ve made my point to anyone with ears to hear.

To NOT assist Sunday mass is mortal sin...it is a binding obligation...

Canon 881 - §1. The Christian faithful are bound by the obligation to participate on Sundays and feast days in the Divine Liturgy, or according to the prescriptions or legitimate customs of their own Church sui iuris, in the celebration of the divine praises.

1990 Code of Canons of Oriental churches

Just cuz man redefines Sabbath to another day does NOT mean it is to be broken...without consequence...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That’s not the question here. Your going to show that people kept the Sabbath. I don’t know how many times I have to say this. There was no church that taught that keeping the Sabbath IS MANDATORY FOR SALVATION. MANDATORY FOR SALVATION. MANDATORY FOR SALVATION. That’s why you keep avoiding the question and procrastinating.

I see so in your view it not not mandatory for the Christian not to murder his neighbor. Committing Adultery with your neighbors spouse is now optional under the new covenant, as is using the Lords name in vain as is making and having other Gods and lying and stealing from your fellow man? That is not the teachings of the bible. According to the John those who teach these things do not know God and are not telling the truth in 1 John 2:3-4. Your teachings are therefore not biblical and lead all those who practice them out of God's kingdom according to John and Paul in Hebrews 10:26-31. You know what James says, if we break anyone of them we break them all *James 2:10-11. These are Gods' Word not mine why do you not believe them? Sin (breaking Gods law and not believing his Word) will keep all those who knowingly practice it out of God's kingdom according to the scriptures.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Psalm 52.8

Oct 29, 2020
birmingham
✟7,942.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You know what James says, if we break anyone of them we break them all *James 2:10-.
Therefore brother, unless we obey the law relating to the inner man, the law no one but God need know we break, we break all of the ten commandments don't we

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Therefore brother, unless we obey the law relating to the inner man, the law no one but God need know we break, we break all of the ten commandments don't we
True, JESUS came to magnify the law and make in honorable and unless we are born again into God's new covenant promise from the inside out we cannot see God's kingdom. Those who are born again do not practice sin (breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments and not believing his Word). *1 John 3:4-9; Romans 14:23.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Psalm 52.8

Oct 29, 2020
birmingham
✟7,942.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
True, JESUS came to magnify the law and make in honorable and unless we are born again into God's new covenant promise from the inside out we cannot see God's kingdom.
I agree, the law has been magnified/raised to its pristene state, in Christ's teaching, not watered down. And when we see its true magnified state we know we fail to obey the letter of it, hence, as you mentioned, we are guilty of breaking all of it, hence our earnest need for a saviour from sin.

Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To address the question of the OP. No, the Holy Spirit has revealed to me that Jesus Christ has entirely and completely fulfilled the Law, satisfying God's wrath against myself, a poor and helpless lost sinner.

and now He has led you to this thread...

and by “fulfilled” you of course mean changed...which does destroy the prior...

did you fulfill your obligations as a citizen yesterday so today you no longer need to?

when you fulfill the speed limit does the driver behind you get to speed? “But officer another driver fulfilled the law”

πληρῶσαι (plērōsai) — 4 Occurrences

Matthew 3:15 V-ANA
GRK: ἐστὶν ἡμῖν πληρῶσαι πᾶσαν δικαιοσύνην
NAS: it is fitting for us to fulfill all
KJV: us to fulfil all
INT: it is to us to fulfill all righteousness

To you mean to say they conspired to destroy righteousness?

Matthew 5:17 V-ANA
GRK: καταλῦσαι ἀλλὰ πληρῶσαι
NAS: to abolish but to fulfill.
KJV: to destroy, but to fulfil.
INT: to abolish but to fulfill [them]

you do mean He destroyed them

Romans 15:13 V-AOA-3S
GRK: τῆς ἐλπίδος πληρώσαι ὑμᾶς πάσης
NAS: of hope fill you with all
KJV: the God of hope fill you with all
INT: of hope may fill you with all

Paul wished Yah destroy them with peace and joy?

Colossians 1:25 V-ANA
GRK: εἰς ὑμᾶς πληρῶσαι τὸν λόγον
NAS: on me for your benefit, so that I might fully carry out the [preaching of] the word
KJV: for you, to fulfil the word of God;
INT: toward you to complete the word

Paul was to destroy the Word of Yah?...the way most translate him does destroy it...lol

His wrath does PASSOVER you because of what He did...but sin must still be dealt with and your atONEment completed...

In the OT the high priest fulfilled the law too...and yet it remains for the next year...and for all of Israel already full of those NOT of Jacob...as this ekklesia was when He our Husband handed us His living oracles and we said “I DO!” at Sinai...Paul affirms we are now citizens...grafted into...adopted and inheriting a PROMISE He guaranteed to us at the cross...

His Living Oracles His Law enshrines this right to our adoption and inheritance given to us by our Creator...please don’t abolish it...He didn’t “THINK NOT THAT”

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
and now He has led you to this thread...

and by “fulfilled” you of course mean changed...which does destroy the prior...

did you fulfill your obligations as a citizen yesterday so today you no longer need to?

when you fulfill the speed limit does the driver behind you get to speed? “But officer another driver fulfilled the law”

πληρῶσαι (plērōsai) — 4 Occurrences

Matthew 3:15 V-ANA
GRK: ἐστὶν ἡμῖν πληρῶσαι πᾶσαν δικαιοσύνην
NAS: it is fitting for us to fulfill all
KJV: us to fulfil all
INT: it is to us to fulfill all righteousness

To you mean to say they conspired to destroy righteousness?

Matthew 5:17 V-ANA
GRK: καταλῦσαι ἀλλὰ πληρῶσαι
NAS: to abolish but to fulfill.
KJV: to destroy, but to fulfil.
INT: to abolish but to fulfill [them]

you do mean He destroyed them

Romans 15:13 V-AOA-3S
GRK: τῆς ἐλπίδος πληρώσαι ὑμᾶς πάσης
NAS: of hope fill you with all
KJV: the God of hope fill you with all
INT: of hope may fill you with all

Paul wished Yah destroy them with peace and joy?

Colossians 1:25 V-ANA
GRK: εἰς ὑμᾶς πληρῶσαι τὸν λόγον
NAS: on me for your benefit, so that I might fully carry out the [preaching of] the word
KJV: for you, to fulfil the word of God;
INT: toward you to complete the word

Paul was to destroy the Word of Yah?...the way most translate him does destroy it...lol

His wrath does PASSOVER you because of what He did...but sin must still be dealt with and your atONEment completed...

In the OT the high priest fulfilled the law too...and yet it remains for the next year...and for all of Israel already full of those NOT of Jacob...as this ekklesia was when He our Husband handed us His living oracles and we said “I DO!” at Sinai...Paul affirms we are now citizens...grafted into...adopted and inheriting a PROMISE He guaranteed to us at the cross...

His Living Oracles His Law enshrines this right to our adoption and inheritance given to us by our Creator...please don’t abolish it...He didn’t “THINK NOT THAT”

Yes, the Holy Spirit has led me to this thread to share the glorious liberty that believers in Jesus Christ, such as myself, are given solely and completely through God's grace. Amen?

• Agree
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, the Holy Spirit has led me to this thread to share the glorious liberty that believers in Jesus Christ, such as myself, are given solely and completely through God's grace. Amen?

HalleluYah! Do tell more...

I certainly TGIF!!...ya know what I mean?...that He gave us a day of rest...phew

and after a week like this...I am ready to hear what you wish to share about the glorious liberty that our Master gave us...His yoke...in order to represent Him and ALL His gifts He gives...such grace indeed!!...

can't wait to say thanks for all He did for us...how about you?

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
HalleluYah! Do tell more...

I certainly TGIF!!...ya know what I mean?...that He gave us a day of rest...phew

and after a week like this...I am ready to hear what you wish to share about the glorious liberty that our Master gave us...His yoke...in order to represent Him and ALL His gifts He gives...such grace indeed!!...

can't wait to say thanks for all He did for us...how about you?

My goodness! Does God only lay claim to one day of the week for you? Who owns the other six days in your life? God owns all of my days, hours, and minutes and numbers all the hairs on my head. I give Him thanks continually (I Thessalonians 5:17).

• Agree
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,826.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The main theme of the old covenant was law and duty. The beautiful theme of the new covenant is Love and Grace. No wonder the Holy Spirit does not prick the conscience of men to observe the law when the covenant of love and grace are the desire of God for mankind.

On another thread I was ridiculed because I quoted Jn 15:10-13.

10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. 11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. 12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. 13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

What better law could God have planted in our hearts? When we love our fellow man like Jesus asks it is the same as expressing our love and gratitude to Him. I used to wonder why God didn't ever prompt me to keep the Sabbath He gave to Israel. It was the prompting of some other people that told me I was not showing my love to God because I was worshipping on Sunday. Now, on the forum, I am being told that the old covenant ten commandments are what is written on our hearts. If that were true then it would seem like people would naturally gravitate to observing the seventh day. Countless millions of people have lived their lives since the new covenant became God's covenant to all mankind and there is almost no evidence of all those people keeping the Sabbath on the seventh day. History doesn't record people rushing to the churches in groves knocking the doors down trying to get in to keep Sabbath. History does record love in people that have never even heard of Jesus. Yes, Satan is also there to take that love away, but love still prevails.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That’s not the question here. Your going to show that people kept the Sabbath. I don’t know how many times I have to say this. There was no church that taught that keeping the Sabbath IS MANDATORY FOR SALVATION. MANDATORY FOR SALVATION. MANDATORY FOR SALVATION. That’s why you keep avoiding the question and procrastinating.

EXACTLY the same argument Jews used to reject Him and what He did...and still do...believe JUST AS you do that He “changed the customs Moses delivered”

As if He was never taught in Torah or the OT...thus not to be accepted now...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My goodness! Does God only lay claim to one day of the week for you? Who owns the other six days in your life? God owns all of my days, hours, and minutes and numbers all the hairs on my head. I give Him thanks continually (I Thessalonians 5:17).
He made all FOR US...gave to us His Sabbath day...gave to us ALL of Him...we are to accept some or all?

...and the Master we serve AS HE DESIRES...will He KNOW US by what we do with what was given to us to KEEP Holy and make US Holy...and finally He...re-made again in His Image...a peculiar SET APART people that others might ALSO know Him and be RE-born...to Him His Ways...RE-stored...

That you give thanks every day is NOT obedience...that you rest every day is NOT obedience...

That you gave back that which He does NOT want but like Satan reject His hierarchy...or like Eve equate ALL trees the same...or like Cain offer Him what YOU wish...or as Israel did make a golden calf to worship Him a way He abhors...or like Saul rationalize NOT all killed but some spared to sacrifice and worship AND to give THANKS...NONE of this is OBEDIENCE...nor is it Loving others JUST AS He first loved us...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,826.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He made all FOR US...gave to us His Sabbath day...gave to us ALL of Him...we are to accept some or all?
NO! God gave Israel the Sabbath. That is all anyone knows and to try to convince us differently is not possible.

• Winner
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The main theme of the old covenant was law and duty.
you miss so much...

Remembering His covenant with Abraham He SAVED Israel and THEN at Sinai gave to His Bride HER IDENTITY...and WHY He loved US...a description of WHO HIS ARE...a description of WHO He is His character His kingdom and His people...these 10 sayings or 10 WORDS were indeed the living oracles...DO THIS AND LIVE....HERE NOW...AND IN THE AFTER LIFE

At Sinai was given the WAY the TRUTH and the LIGHT...the LIFE...ALL revealed and demonstrated by HIM which they described...

LOVE JUST AS He does...LIVE JUST AS He did/does and you are IN HIM...His Kingdom His people.

The beautiful theme of the new covenant is Love and Grace.
what else was it but grace and love that saved israel? That SPARED THEM?

That provided them clear instruction of what pleases Him...have you ever been in a tyranny of a woman who is NOT clear on what makes her happy? lol

No wonder the Holy Spirit does not prick the conscience of men to observe the law when the covenant of love and grace are the desire of God for mankind.
Both David and PAUL DELIGHTED in His living oracles IN THEIR KEEPING OF THEM...

For His people HIS WAYS ARE GRACE AND LOVE...

Just like a dog delights in being trained...or a child learns what a parent wants...or a husband KNOWS his wife’s desire...her happiness

On another thread I was ridiculed because I quoted Jn 15:10-13.

10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. 11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. 12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. 13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

What better law could God have planted in our hearts?
OH MY...rediculed?

However...the very SAME MY LAWS He plants in His people Israel...LOVE AS I LOVED YOU FIRST...is the standard

Hope you had those threads closed right? I mean correction and reproof should be done only in love...to allow one in danger to feel comfortable content in his own ways and unpricked by the Holy Spirit...right?

When we love our fellow man like Jesus asks it is the same as expressing our love and gratitude to Him.
yup...and DUH...the key word there is “LIKE” He asked...might I add “JUST LIKE He asked” and DEMONSTRATED TO US...and LIVE AS HE DID to demonstrate to our fellow man the same AS HE DID...

I used to wonder why God didn't ever prompt me to keep the Sabbath He gave to Israel. It was the prompting of some other people that told me I was not showing my love to God because I was worshipping on Sunday. Now, on the forum, I am being told that the old covenant ten commandments are what is written on our hearts.
some return to their own like dogs to vomit...

I pray this is not you...yet...

Hebrews 6:4-6 (NET)
6:4 For it is impossible in the case of those who have once been enlightened, tasted the heavenly gift, become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 tasted the good word of God and the miracles of the coming age, 6 and then have committed apostasy, to renew them again to repentance, since they are crucifying the Son of God for themselves all over again and holding him up to contempt.

If that were true then it would seem like people would naturally gravitate to observing the seventh day.
it is NOT natural for FALLEN rebellious contentious proud people to gravitate to Him His Ways...the WORLD HATES Saul killed His people later this Paul was thrown out and killed himself...

Countless millions of people have lived their lives since the new covenant became God's covenant to all mankind and there is almost no evidence of all those people keeping the Sabbath on the seventh day.
“almost no” is right...STAMPED OUT and censored and yet throughout...even EliYah thought himself alone...

History doesn't record people rushing to the churches in groves knocking the doors down trying to get in to keep Sabbath.
Act 13 does is WHY Acts 15...LOL

History does record love in people that have never even heard of Jesus. Yes, Satan is also there to take that love away, but love still prevails.

A LOVE AS HE FIRST LOVED US...that is the standard...defining description of His kingdom...not another christ another gospel...One Husband One bride...what Yah has joined let NO MAN separate...IN HIM one NEW MAN a citizen of Israel...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
NO! God gave Israel the Sabbath. That is all anyone knows and to try to convince us differently is not possible.

His people came to be known as Israel...ONE WIFE...

Already at Sinai when He handed us His bride His living oracles to say “I DO” Israel this ekklesia was already full of those NOT of Jacob...native and foreigner ONE LAW THE SAME...

And WHOSOEVER BELIEVES will be reborn restored returned to the life His WAY...as it was BEFORE this detour of sin...its six day seventh day HOLY...

Convincing you is NOT my job here...it a work He does IN YOU...to RE generate YOU to His ways...works befitting your repentance...to make you Holy as His is

Here are they that KEEP the commandments of Yah...and have the faith OF Yahushua...

Not 9/10ths or less

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom

...and the Master we serve AS HE DESIRES...will He KNOW US by what we do with what was given to us to KEEP Holy and make US Holy...and finally He...re-made again in His Image...a peculiar SET APART people that others might ALSO know Him and be RE-born...to Him His Ways...RE-stored...

That you give thanks every day is NOT obedience...that you rest every day is NOT obedience...

That you gave back that which He does NOT want but like Satan reject His hierarchy...or like Eve equate ALL trees the same...or like Cain offer Him what YOU wish...or as Israel did make a golden calf to worship Him a way He abhors...or like Saul rationalize NOT all killed but some spared to sacrifice and worship AND to give THANKS...NONE of this is OBEDIENCE...nor is it Loving others JUST AS He first loved us...

Thanks! Now I can rest assured that all that I do for God is not obedience and which day(s) I choose to rest on are not obedience, thus freeing me to engage in righteous deeds not as a matter of obedience, but of gratitude.

Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks! Now I can rest assured that all that I do for God is not obedience and which day(s) I choose to rest on are not obedience, thus freeing me to engage in righteous deeds not as a matter of obedience, but of gratitude.

Yes yes indeed your fruits reveal your “Lord! LORD! Did we not make this golden calf in Your Name?”

Rest assured...rest every day...rest all day...your LAYodicean ways are rich and in need of nothing

And righteous deeds are as determined by Who? You?

Your gratitude for Who? doing what?

Even Buddhists do good
Muslims their charity...Hindus do love...

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yes yes indeed your fruits reveal your “Lord! LORD! Did we not make this golden calf in Your Name?”

Rest assured...rest every day...rest all day...your LAYodicean ways are rich and in need of nothing

And righteous deeds are as determined by Who? You?

Your gratitude for Who? doing what?

Even Buddhists do good
Muslims their charity...Hindus do love...

Quite correct.

Upvote 0