Has God called some of us to be poor, sick, no arms or legs and persecuted???

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This is a pretty heavy question and I believe there is valid insight into the question in the story of Angelo given to Rick Joyner in a visionary dream back in 1995:

I read this story in his book The Vision but it is also in The Final Quest:

Pastor Rick Joyner:

Who pleases Jesus the most?

He then stopped and I turned to look at those in the thrones next to us. We were still in the place where the very highest kings were sitting. Then I recogniozed a man who was close by.

"Sir, I know you from somewhere, but I just cannot remember where."

"You once saw me in a vision," he replied.

I immediately remembered, and I was shocked! "So you were a real person?"

"Yes," he replied.

I then began to remember the day when as a young Christian I had become frustrated with some issues in my life. I went out into the middle of a battlefield park near my apartment and determined to wait until the Lord spoke to me. As I sat reading my Bible, I was caught up in a vision, one of the first that I ever had.

In the vision I saw a man who was zealously serving the Lord. He was continually witnessing to people, teaching and visiting the sick to pray for them. He was very zealous for the Lord, and had a genuine love for people. Then I saw another man who was obviously a tramp or a homeless man. A small kitten wandered into his path and he started to kick it, but restrained himself, but still shoved it rather harshly out of the way with his foot. Then the Lord asked me which of these men pleased Him the most.

"The first," I said without hesitating.

"No, the second," He responded, and began to tell me their stories.

The first man had been raised in a wonderful family, which had always known the Lord. He grew up in a thriving church, and then attended one of the best Bible Colleges. He had been given 100 portions of His love, but he was using only 75.

The second man had been deaf. He was abused and kept in a dark, cold attic until he was found by the authorities when he was eight years old. He had then been shifted from one institution to another where the abuse continued. Finally he was turned out on the streets. To overcome all this the Lord had only given him three portions of His love, but he had mustered every bit of it to fight the rage in his heart to keep from hurting the kitten...

Angelo

Extract from The Final Quest by Rick Joyner

I now looked at that man, a king sitting on a throne far more glorious than Solomon could have even imagined. Hosts of angels were arrayed about him, waiting to do his bidding. I turned to the Lord in awe. I still just could not believe he was real, much less one of the great kings.

"Lord, please tell me the rest of his story," I begged.

"Of course, that is why we are here. Angelo was so faithful with the little that I had given to him, I gave him three more portions of My love. He used all of that to quit stealing. He almost starved, but he refused to take anything that was not his. He bought his food with what he could make collecting bottles, and occasionally finding someone who would let him do yard work. He could not hear but he had learned to read, so I sent him a gospel tract. As he read it the Spirit opened his heart, and he gave his life to Me. I again doubled the portions of My love to him and he faithfully used all of them. He wanted to share Me with others, but he could not speak. Even though he lived in such poverty, he started spending over half of everything he made on gospel tracts to give out on street corners."

"How many did he lead to you?" I asked, thinking that it must have been multitudes for him to be sitting with the kings.

"One," the Lord answered. "I let him lead a dying alcoholic to Me to encourage him. It encouraged him so much he would have stood on that corner for many more years just to bring another soul to repentance. But all of heaven was entreating Me to bring him here, and I, too, wanted him to receive his reward."
"He was faithful with all that I gave him"

"But what did he do to become a king?" I asked.

"He was faithful with all that he was given, he overcame all until he became like Me, and he died a martyr."

"But what did he overcome, and how was he martyred?"

He overcame the world with My love. Very few have overcome so much with so little. Many of My people dwell in homes that kings would have envied just a century ago because of their conveniences, but do not appreciate them, while Angelo would so appreciate a cardboard box on a cold night that he would turn it into a glorious temple of My presence. He began to love everyone and everything. He would rejoice more over an apple than My people do over a great feast. He was faithful with all that I gave him, even though it wasn't very much compared to what I gave others, including you. I showed him to you in a vision because you passed by him many times. You even once pointed him out to one of your friends and spoke of him."

"I did? What did I say?"

"You said, 'There is another one of those Elijahs who must have escaped from the bus station.' You said he was 'a religious nut' who was sent by the enemy to turn people off the gospel."

This was the worst blow that I had yet suffered in this experience. I was more than shocked, I was appalled. I tried to remember the specific incident but I couldn't, simply because there were so many others like it. I had never had much compassion for filthy street preachers who seemed to me that they were specifically sent to turn people off the gospel.

"I am sorry Lord. I'm really sorry."

"And you are forgiven," He quickly responded. "And you are right. There are many who try to preach the gospel on the streets, for wrong, and even perverted reasons. Even so, there are many who are sincere, even if they are untrained and unlearned. You must not judge by appearances. There are many true servants who look like he did as there are among the polished professionals in the great cathedrals and organizations that men have built in My Name."

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Pastor Rick Joyner:
"He was My knock upon their door"

He then motioned for me to look up at Angelo. When I turned he had descended the steps to his throne and was right in front of me. Opening his arms he gave me a great hug and kissed my forehead like a father. Love poured over me and through me until I felt that it would overload my nervous system. When he finally released me I was staggering as if I were drunk, but it was a wonderful feeling. It was love like I had never felt it.

"He could have imparted that to you on earth," the Lord continued. "He had much to give to My people, but they would not come near him. Even My prophets avoided him. He grew in the faith by buying a Bible and a couple of books that he read over and over. He tried to go to churches but he could not find one that would receive him. If they would have taken him in they would have taken Me in. He was My knock upon their door."

I was learning a new definition of grief. "How did he die?" I asked, remembering that he had been martyred, half expecting that I was somehow even responsible for it.

"He froze to death trying to keep an old wino alive who had passed out in the cold."

As I looked at Angelo I just could not believe how hard my heart was. Even so, I did not understand how this made him a martyr, which I had thought was a title reserved for those who who died because they would not compromise their testimony.

"Lord, I know that he is truly an overcomer," I remarked. "And it is so just for him to be here. But are those who die that way also considered to be martyrs?"
"Angelo was a martyr everyday that he lived. He would only do enough for himself to stay alive, and he gladly sacrificed his life to save a needy friend. As Paul wrote to the Corinthians, even if you give your body to be burned, but do not have love, it counts as nothing. But, when you give yourself with love, it counts for much. Angelo died everyday because he did not live for himself, but for others. While on earth he always considered himself the least of the saints, but he was one of the greatest. As you have already learned, many of those who consider themselves to be the greatest, end up being the least here.
Angelo did not die for a doctrine, or even his testimony, but he did die for Me."

"Lord, please help me to remember this. Please do not let me forget what I am seeing here when I return," I begged.

"If My people would look at others the way I do...

"Wisdom is to see with My eyes, and not to judge by appearances. I showed you Angelo in the vision so that you would recognize him when you passed by him on the street. If you had shared with him the knowledge of his past that I had shown in the vision, he would have given his life to Me then. You could have then discipled this great king, and he would have had a great impact on My church. If My people would look at others the way I do, Angelo and many others like him, would have been recognized. They would have been paraded into the greatest pulpits, and My people would have come from the ends of the earth to sit at their feet, because by doing this, they would have sat at My feet. He would have taught you to love, and how to invest the gifts that I have given you so that you could bear much more fruit."

I was so ashamed that I did not want to even look at the Lord, but finally I turned back to Him as I felt the pain driving me toward self-centeredness again. When I looked at Him I was virtually blinded by His glory. It took a while, but gradually my eyes adjusted so that I could see Him.

"Remember that you are forgiven," He said. "I am not showing you these things to condemn you, but to teach you. Always remember that compassion, will remove the veils from your soul faster than anything else."

Upvote 0
T

Theofane

Has God called some of us to be poor, sick, no arms or legs and persecuted???

That is a call I would hesitate to answer!

This reminds me of the story from John 9.

"...As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
3 “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him. As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. While I am in the world, I am the light of the world...”

I think that perhaps God has allowed for some of us to be poor, sick, no arms or legs and legs, and persecuted so that others would answer the call to service and minister to them.

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

"...As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
3 “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him. As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. While I am in the world, I am the light of the world...”

I think that perhaps God has allowed for some of us to be poor, sick, no arms or legs and legs, and persecuted so that others would answer the call to service and minister to them.

I think that you are correct Theofane!

The ability of Mr. Nick Vujicic to reach young people is certainly increased profoundly by the fact that he has no arms or legs!

Pastor Rick Joyner: "God has a different definition of peace and safety than we do," he said. "To be wounded in the fight is a great honor. It is by the Lord's stripes that we are healed, and it is through our stripes that we, too, are given the authority for healing. Once we are healed, we are given the power to heal others in the very place where the enemy wounded us.

Healing was a basic part of the Lord's ministry, and it is also a basic part of ours. One reason why the Lord allows bad things to happen to His people is so they can receive compassion for others, by which the power of healing operates. That is why the apostle Paul told of his beatings and stonings when his authority was questioned. Every wound and other bad thing that happens to us can be turned into the authority to do good." (Rick Joyner, The Vision, page 98)

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
There was one more major part to the Angelo story....to me it was perhaps the hardest part to even begin to get my head around!

The Power of the Cross vs. Human Compassion

As we began to walk again, Angelo spoke, "Please remember my friends, the homeless. Many will love our Savior if someone will go to them."
His words had such power in them that I was too moved to answer, so I just nodded. I knew that those words were the decree of a great king, and a great friend of the King of kings.

"Lord, will you help me to help the homeless?"

"I will help any who help them," He responded. "When you love those whom I love you will always know My help. They will be given the Helper by the measure of their love. You have asked many times for more of My anointing; that's how you will receive it. Love those whom I love. As you love them you love Me. As you give to them you have given to Me, and I will give more to you in return."

My mind drifted to my nice home and all of the other possessions I had. I was not wealthy, but by earthly standards I knew that I did live much better than kings had just a century before. I had never felt guilty about it before, but I did now. Somehow it was a good feeling, but at the same time it did not feel right. Again I looked back to the Lord as I knew He would help me...

"Remember what I said about how My perfect law of love made light and darkness distinct. When confusion such as you are feeling comes, you know that what you are experiencing is not My perfect law of love. I delight in giving My family good gifts, just as you do yours. I want you to enjoy them, and appreciate them. Only, you must not worship them, and you must freely share them when I call you to. I could wave My hand and instantly remove all poverty from the earth. There will be a day of reckoning when the mountains and high places are brought down, and the poor and oppressed are raised up, but I must do it. Human compassion is just as contrary to Me as human oppression. Human compassion is used a s a substitute for the power of My cross. I have not vcalled you to sacrifice, but to obey. Sometimes you will have to sacrifice to obey Me, but if your sacrifice is not done in obedience, it will separate us...

"I only did what I saw My Father doing..."

"You are guilty for the way you misjudged this great king when he was My servant on earth. Do not judge anyone without inquiring of Me. You have missed more encounters that I have set up for you than you have ever imagined, simply because you were not sensitive to Me. However, I did not show you this to make you feel guilty, but to bring you to repentance so that you will not continue to miss them. If you just react in guilt you will begin to do things to compensate for your guilt, which is an affront to My cross. My cross alone can remove your guilt..."

"...Even I did not heal all those for whom I had compassion, but I only did what I saw My Father doing. You must not just do things out of compassion, but in obedience to My Spirit. Only then will your compassion have the power of redemption... Without Me you can do nothing that will benefit My kingdom or promote My gospel..."

"...Love is My greatest weapon. Love will never fail. Love will be the power that destroys the works of the devil. And love will be what brings My kingdom. Love is the banner over My army. Under this banner you must now fight."

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
No arms.., No legs.., No worries! - Nick Vujicic (HK) - YouTube
No arms.., No legs.., No worries! - Nick Vujicic (HK)

Nicholas James Vujicic (born 4 December 1982) is a preacher, a motivational speaker and the Director of Life Without Limbs. Born without limbs due to the rare Tetra-amelia disorder, Vujicic had to live a life of difficulties and hardships throughout his childhood. However, he managed to get over these hardships and, at seventeen, started his own non-profit organization Life Without Limbs. After school, Vujicic attended college and graduated with a double major. From this point on, he began his travels as a motivational speaker and his life attracted more and more mass media coverage. At the present, he regularly gives speeches on subjects such as disability, hope, and finding meaning in life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

Whatever happened to free will? Why does God have to inflict suffering to get what he wants? Is he incapable of doing anything else? Medical science has come a long way since 30 AD - are doctors interfering with God's work? Should we shut down the hospitals?

It seems extreme, but there seems to be no other conclusion possible.

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
No arms.., No legs.., No worries! - Nick Vujicic (HK)
While his story is certainly inspiring, there seems to be a paradox in his approach: he uses his own disability to inspire others with disability. But those with disability were created so by God... if God wants to help people with disabilities, why not just stop creating them with their handicaps? That seems far more expedient, and wouldn't cause a man to be born with no arms or legs.

Again, he's an inspiration, he truly is, but theologically speaking he seems... contradictory.

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Whatever happened to free will? Why does God have to inflict suffering to get what he wants? Is he incapable of doing anything else? Medical science has come a long way since 30 AD - are doctors interfering with God's work? Should we shut down the hospitals?

I may have came to the wrong conclusions but I have gotten the impression from various sources that the Creator attempted to live with egotistical people for a while, it did not work out, so it seems that humility has been since that time a pre-requisite for making it into heaven/paradise!

Near death experience of Dr. Richard Eby:
Jesus paused again.

"My book tells of the time when Lucifer's rebellion in heaven changed some things. He sought to usurp my Father's throne, assume his position as the most high God, and to rule the universe. For that blasphemy Lucifer was cast from heaven to Earth; in fact, I saw him fall as a bolt of lightning! In a tantrum of hate and rage over being deposed so fast he and his fallen angels disfigured our perfect Earth. It became void and uninhabitable. For punishment befitting his enemy of God, Lucifer was given a new name, Satan, since he was the self-appointed "adversary' of the Almighty. Anything that God had made, Satan would attempt to destroy from then on. As Lucifer he had been created the highest angel about the throne, one of his assignments and talents being the chief musician in charge of worship and music. In his rebellious anger he set about destroying harmony on and in the Earth from then on. That is why the Earth where he operates now is out of harmony with God's other creations. In my book we call this disharmony "sin', because it defies God's will that even the heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament show his handiwork.

"But be of good cheer, my son. The Father has permitted me to overcome Satan's world system of sin, and to destroy the works of Satan, and to re-establish righteousness in the hearts of my friends. Eventually in his chosen time he will restore all creation as it once was, in him!"
Dr. Richard Eby

This NDE is especially interesting because it explains how there could well have been four billion or so years between Genesis 1:1 to the time when the earth BECAME without form and void...apparently after an attempted coup to take over the control centre of the multi-dimensional universe?!

Originally the angels had been happy but over a long long time Lucifer got them angrier and angrier and angrier!

Job 38:7 "When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?"

Isaiah 57:15 ¶
For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name [is] Holy; I dwell in the high and holy [place], with him also [that is] of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
While his story is certainly inspiring, there seems to be a paradox in his approach: he uses his own disability to inspire others with disability. But those with disability were created so by God... if God wants to help people with disabilities, why not just stop creating them with their handicaps? That seems far more expedient, and wouldn't cause a man to be born with no arms or legs.

Again, he's an inspiration, he truly is, but theologically speaking he seems... contradictory.

Good questions!

One aspect of this subject was covered in an interesting manner in the NDE of Dannion Brinkley. I think it was in his first book where he mentioned being shown that only the most philosophically advanced being of light/angel was willing to go down into the body of a child destined to be physically or mentally handicapped or seriously deformed!

This might help to explain why people who are handicapped are so often so happy?!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

* I don't think that "Free will" has much to do with the capacities you have been born with.
* What is another way he could "do something else" to get what he wants?
* Doctor's ARE DOING God's work.

...if God wants to help people with disabilities, why not just stop creating them with their handicaps?
So, how does that help people who already have disabilities?

Also, I have a brother in law who was as thalidomide baby. He's told me that if he suddenly got his arm back, it would be newly handicapped as he's lived his whole life without it and wouldn't know how to manage.

Sometimes, even suffering could be in the eye of the beholder.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

If God is the being composed of fundamental energy who has existed from eternity in the past and learned...and experimented....and planned and choreographed an infinite number of Big Bang events (Cyclic Model of Universe) then God might be far more emotionally attached to the creation than we might tend to imagine considering how we can consciously remember so few years of effort and work?!

This chapter regarding God being the most emotional being in the universe was given in a visionary dream back in 1995. I was impressed by it! There is evidence that there is vastly more value in our trials and problems than we can begin to imagine.

Could God the Father be the most emotional being in the universe?
https://www.facebook.com/notes/fans...otional-being-in-the-universe/379956208748564

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
* I don't think that "Free will" has much to do with the capacities you have been born with.
Sure it does: remember, the claim is that God gave him this 'gift' so that he could help others God has given this 'gift' to. And it's not like he has much of a choice - God has removed the ability to be, for instance, a champion swimmer. Human medicines and prosthetics can help alleviate these conditions, but, sadly, not for him.

So yes, free will has been circumvented. God not only decided what he should do, he crippled him to make him do it.

* What is another way he could "do something else" to get what he wants?
Muck around with the uterine fluid and remove any trace of Thalidomide. Bam, instant healthy baby.

* Doctor's ARE DOING God's work.
Why doesn't God do God's work?

So, how does that help people who already have disabilities?
Well, for starters, there'd be no more people with disabilities. If God intervened, everyone who currently has one wouldn't have one. The blind would see, the lame would leap, as the song goes.

Also, I have a brother in law who was as thalidomide baby. He's told me that if he suddenly got his arm back, it would be newly handicapped as he's lived his whole life without it and wouldn't know how to manage.
And if God had mucked around in the uterine fluid and removed the thalidomide, he'd have a full set of limbs. He'd have always had a full set of limbs, so he'd never be handicapped. Kudos to him for overcoming his disability, but disability it is. My question, then, is why God let him be disabled? Removing healthy arms off of babies isn't right, even if they might grow up and be as well-adjusted and OK with it as your brother-in-law.

Sometimes, even suffering could be in the eye of the beholder.
Yes and no. Pain is pain, there's no getting around that. Being handicapped or disabled doesn't always lead to suffering, but brave is the soul that can overcome it.

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
If God is the being composed of fundamental energy who has existed from eternity in the past and learned...and experimented....and planned and choreographed an infinite number of Big Bang events (Cyclic Model of Universe) then God might be far more emotionally attached to the creation than we might tend to imagine considering how we can consciously remember so few years of effort and work?!
He might be, but I don't see how that follows - what makes you think God is particularly emotional?

Even if he is capable of emotion on a concious level analogous to our own, I imagine he'd be overcome with a sense of ennui, or perhaps apathy for the worlds he's created.

There is also the rather large problem that emotions are a peculiarly animalistic affair, rising unbidden and uncontrolled, with whims aimed at satisfying basal urges - for food, for sex, for water or shelter, for companionship. Even if God does have emotions, how can they be at all similar to ours?

This chapter regarding God being the most emotional being in the universe was given in a visionary dream back in 1995. I was impressed by it! There is evidence that there is vastly more value in our trials and problems than we can begin to imagine.
What evidence, specifically?

Could God the Father be the most emotional being in the universe?
https://www.facebook.com/notes/fans...otional-being-in-the-universe/379956208748564
The book is entitled, 'The Global Warming Deception' - that rings alarm bells, does it not?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
He might be, but I don't see how that follows - what makes you think God is particularly emotional?

Even if he is capable of emotion on a concious level analogous to our own, I imagine he'd be overcome with a sense of ennui, or perhaps apathy for the worlds he's created.

There is also the rather large problem that emotions are a peculiarly animalistic affair, rising unbidden and uncontrolled, with whims aimed at satisfying basal urges - for food, for sex, for water or shelter, for companionship. Even if God does have emotions, how can they be at all similar to ours?

Interesting!

This would help to explain why Rabbi Jesus/Yehoshua....although he stated clearly that the Father was greater than him....would commit all judgment in heaven and earth to somebody who had incarnated into a physical body and knew what it was like to be fully human....with all the temptations involved!!!!!

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

This could also help to explain why Rabbi Jesus wishes to share power with people who overcome extreme difficulty.....

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Perhaps the fall and rebellion of Lucifer has gotten fundamental energy Mom and Dad to the place where they will never again allow a proud egotistical person to hold a position of off the scale power!

If those who believe in a rapture are correct.....they may be surprised how many people who knew nothing about this rapture event....end up raptured....and also how many people who felt that their superior ideas on the rapture event made them almost a shu-in to be raptured....right up to the top.....are left behind!!!!!?????

I admit that I am a truly egotistical person .... and I know that this is not a small problem!!!! If this rapture event were to occur in the near future.... there is no way that I would make any sort of dogmatic statement that I would be part of it??!!!!!

And also....if you are one of the ones raptured Wiccan Child....don't look for the King to be up high on some throne of sorts.....He will be waiting on tables......He always keeps his word....

Luke 12:37 Blessed [are] those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
iginally Posted by DennisTate
What evidence, specifically?(Wiccan Child)

I've been reading near death experience accounts rather obsessively since 1990 and I am satisfied that they constitute what I could almost term eye witness evidence....that impresses me.....due to the sheer brilliance of what they write.

It makes sense that just as our scientists invent new levels of computer technology....it is like anything previously invented looks obsolete in comparison!

This earth.... four dimensional space time....the lowest energy level creation thus far......is where the real action is at!!!!!!!!

"Yet I marvel at how this great wealth has come to dwell in this poverty." (Gospel of Thomas)

Mellen Benedict, near-death.com):
As I was exploring the void and all the yugas or creations, I was completely out of time and space as we know it. In this expanded state, I discovered that creation is about absolute pure consciousness, or God, coming into the experience of life as we know it. The void itself is devoid of experience. It is pre-life, before the first vibration. Godhead is about more than life and death. Therefore there is even more than life and death to experience in the universe!

I was in the void and I was aware of everything that had ever been created. It was like I was looking out of God's eyes. I had become God. Suddenly I wasn't me anymore. The only thing I can say, I was looking out of God's eyes. And suddenly I knew why every atom was, and I could see everything.

The interesting point was that I went into the void, I came back with this understanding that God is not there. God is here. That's what it is all about. So this constant search of the human race to go out and find God ... God gave everything to us, everythingis here - this is where it's at. And what we are into now is God's exploration of God through us. People are so busy trying to become God that they ought to realize that we are already God and God is becoming us. That's what it is really about.
When I realized this, I was finished with the void, and wanted to return to this creation, or yuga. It just seemed like the natural thing to do.

Then I suddenly came back through the second light, or the Big Bang, hearing several more velvet booms. I rode the stream of consciousness back through all of creation, and what a ride it was! The superclusters of galaxies came through me with even more insights. I passed through the center of our galaxy, which is a black hole. Black holes are the great processors or recyclers of the universe. Do you know what is on the other side of a black hole? We are; our galaxy; which has been reprocessed from another universe.

In its total energy configuration, the galaxy looked like a fantastic city of lights. All energy this side of the Big Bang is light. Every sub-atom, atom, star, planet, even consciousness itself is made of light and has a frequency and/or particle. Light is living stuff. Everything is made of light, even stones. So everything is alive. Everything is made from the light of God; everything is very intelligent

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

The book is entitled, 'The Global Warming Deception' - that rings alarm bells, does it not?

Yes....I did read three of Dr. Grant Jeffrey's books and I found him to be one of those truly intellectual Christian scholars who qualified his statements.....and seemed genuinely interested in learning new things....even finding out if he was wrong about something!

I've been promoting the alternative theory on combatting climate change through heavy investment in turning deserts green which because it fits with Isaiah 35 I was hoping that Dr. Grant Jeffrey might become one of the members of the conservative movement who might convince other conservatives to take climate change seriously....if a more simple response to climate change than a carbon tax could be presented.

Wiccan Child....I would love to make you into a moderator in this Facebook page, West Antarctic Ice Sheet. Hit like on the page itself....let me know who you are....and you will find yourself with Manager privileges in this page just as soon as I get over to the group!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/west...rrency-unit-to-save-coastal-c/373261199364486

Proposal for the creation of a Quebec provincial currency unit to save coastal communities from threat of rising ocean levels.

by West Antarctic Ice Sheet

In my opinion it is going to cost trillions of dollars to do what needs to be done to protect towns like Truro, and Antigonish, Nova Scotia from the consequences of the cracking and sliding of a large part of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet and the land based Greenland Ice Pack into the ocean.

The province of Alberta attempted to create its own provincial currency unit during The Great Depression but enormous pressure was exerted to ensure that their experiment in monetary policy was unsuccessful.

"Not "Funny money"
Following the 1937 Social Credit backbenchers' revolt, the party attempted to implement its radical populist policies, such as the issuance of prosperity certificates to Alberta residents (dubbed "funny money" by detractors) in accordance with the theories of Silvio Gesell. Douglas, the originator of the Social Credit movement, did not like the idea of prosperity certificates which depreciated in value the longer they were held, and openly criticized Gesell's theories.[1]

Early in their term, the Socreds tried to pass two bills that would have placed the province's banks under government control. However, Lieutenant-Governor John C. Bowen refused to grant Royal Assent to the bills. The Supreme Court of Canada subsequently ruled the legislation unconstitutional because only the federal government can legislate on banking."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberta_Social_Credit_Party

The province of Quebec seems to be in much better position to create its own provincial currency unit without facing the massive backlash from the financial community and federal government that Alberta experienced.

Dr. James Hansen has stated that the last time that global temperatures rose by three degrees ocean levels rose by 25 meters over four centuries. Canada and the world are NOT yet prepared for ocean rise of one meter every twenty years.

Nearly one hundred million people in Bangladesh alone will become climate change refugees in the event of merely a one meter rise in ocean levels!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Well said Theofane!

Little Mr. Christian Crowell is a powerful example of this:

Christian's Fight

Dear Christian. My heart is heavy for you tonight. For the past two days your energy levels have been extremely low, as is your enthusiasm. I constantly ask you if you are not feeling well but you simply reply to me, “no I feel fine”. But the sadness and resignation in your voice tell me different. You are tired, not just physically tired but emotionally tired of this journey. I imagine it would be like having the stomach flu for two months. As your mommy I would whine and wail after only two days of being sick - but you my might warrior – you just battle on. We stopped your chemotherapy last week at the suggestion of our medical team. They felt the disease was progressing despite the chemotherapy (which was making you soooo sick) so we are truly now investing everything else in our God, our Healer. The only medicine you are taking now is to control your pain and try to ease your discomforts. I have been praying constantly that God would speak to your heart, and hopefully bring you some peace. I know he has been faithful in helping us control your pain as you seem to be relatively comfortable but now I pray He answers this prayer for enthusiasm and zeal. The return of the Christian who is excited to play and visit with family. " (Megan Crowell)

Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Although I am not following the thread, here is the Scripture I think answers the OP subject most closely:

John 21
17 The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Feed my sheep. 18 Very truly I tell you, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.” 19 Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, “Follow me!”
20 Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them. (This was the one who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper and had said, “Lord, who is going to betray you?”) 21 When Peter saw him, he asked, “Lord, what about him?”
22 Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.” 23 Because of this, the rumor spread among the believers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?”
24 This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who wrote them down. We know that his testimony is true.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Although I am not following the thread, here is the Scripture I think answers the OP subject most closely:

John 21
17 The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Feed my sheep. 18 Very truly I tell you, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.” 19 Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, “Follow me!”
20 Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them. (This was the one who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper and had said, “Lord, who is going to betray you?”) 21 When Peter saw him, he asked, “Lord, what about him?”
22 Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.” 23 Because of this, the rumor spread among the believers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?”
24 This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who wrote them down. We know that his testimony is true.

Good point.

This scripture does certainly indicate that some people are called to a life that will almost certainly lead to martyrdom!

Upvote 0