Has God called some of us to be poor, sick, no arms or legs and persecuted???

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Do you have a source for this that you claim involved Einstein?

EDIT:

Nevermind, it shows up on Snopes and a score of other urban legend pages. It is garbage and refuted in several ways.

Yes, after I copied this and posted it to my wall I was wondering about the idea of Dr. Einstein going through a Christian phase at college....and you are correct....it was false. I did a search and found out that Dr. Einstein described himself as agnostic with an attraction toward Spinoza's pantheism!

Religious views of Albert Einstein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Einstein had previously explored the belief that man could not understand the nature of God. In an interview published in 1930 in G. S. Viereck's book Glimpses of the Great, Einstein, in response to a question about whether or not he believed in God, explained:
"Your question [about God] is the most difficult in the world. It is not a question I can answer simply with yes or no. I am not an Atheist. I do not know if I can define myself as a Pantheist. The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds. May I not reply with a parable? The human mind, no matter how highly trained, cannot grasp the universe. We are in the position of a little child, entering a huge library whose walls are covered to the ceiling with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written those books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books, a mysterious order, which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of the human mind, even the greatest and most cultured, toward God. We see a universe marvelously arranged, obeying certain laws, but we understand the laws only dimly. Our limited minds cannot grasp the mysterious force that sways the constellations. I am fascinated by Spinoza's Pantheism. I admire even more his contributions to modern thought. Spinoza is the greatest of modern philosophers, because he is the first philosopher who deals with the soul and the body as one, not as two separate things.[

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
OK. Now, what about those patents:

"What, specifically, are [Benedict's] patents? What are the details of the scientific information on:

• Biophotonics,
  • Cellular communication,
  • Quantum biology, and
  • DNA research?
What are his six patents, and how do they demonstrate technology beyond that which he could have developed himself?"

Not at all. You made several claims, and I'm asking you to substantiate those claims with empirical evidence.

No. Evil is a label ascribed to actions we humans deem to be evil. Suffering is a real, extant phenomenon - people suffer, children suffer, animals suffer.

As for your story about Einstein, you know that's simply made up, right? For starters, Einstein was a Jew, not a Christian, and didn't even believe in God. As well, the story lacks any identifiers - names, places, dates, etc - that are the hallmarks of a fabricated story.

Which is ironically similar to your NDE claims; fanciful stories that have yet to be substantiated (despite my repeated requests for verification).

If you have no evidence to support the claims of these rich authors, why do you believe them?

I haven't researched Mr. Benedict's patents yet and I find that this subject of Dr. Einstein's actual belief's to be quite an attractive subject....so I can't resist going off on that one for a bit!

Dr. Einstein actually met with one person during their NDE and what this man reports actually to some degree verifies that Dr. Einstein's pantheism.....is a philosophy that is metaphorically knocking on heaven's door!!!

Christian Andreason, Chapter 3:

Our spiritual brother, Albert Einstein
A moment happened in the beginning of my experience where Albert Einstein, the famous scientist, came forward to speak with me. While at first I could not make out his face, by the 'feel' of his energy I knew exactly who he was as soon as he appeared.

To be perfectly honest, I really never had much of an interest in Einstein before, so I found it interesting that I was seeing him now, and what amazed me at the time was that he seemed to know exactly who I waseven though he died in 1955, 14 years before I was born.
He explained that he wanted to answer a few questions I was starting to have about some of the codes and scientific theories I was now seeing on the screen held behind me. He told me it was important for me to fully understand, so I could accomplish my destiny on Earth. I remember wondering how it was that he could speak of and claim to know of my destiny, when I myself did not have a clue?

As he spoke to me about space, time and relativity I was aware that Einstein had been (and still was) a great teacher who not only had been born to our world, but that he had also come to many other worlds' in God's Super Universe to help them advance in scientific and social understanding. As his energy stood before me, it was like being near an old friend who just happened to be tremendously brilliant, and what I found completely remarkable was how he was able to explain even the most complex notion in such an easy to understand way.

Not only was he incredibly kind, sincere and funny; he always seemed to be completely interested in my views. We started discussing sound and the use of music and harmonies for the purpose of transporting energy into a space. It surprised me that I actually started to believe I knew more about this particular subject than he seemed toand when he showed me a supernaturally displayed diagram of what the Universe looks like before and after sound has entered it, I challenged him in our discussion about the use of tonal dissonance, which led to another discussion about the opening of some sort of time/space portal and the filling of space with atomic, neutrino type matter. I understood that this matter absorbed and recorded absolutely that happened within the space it filled. Without thinking, I began speaking about the use of positive and negative energy, and that if too much challenging energy fills a space, the atmosphere becomes tainted and is never as pure as before. We spoke about Nazi Germany and how the vile actions performed there, when Hitler was in power, forever altered the energies in that part of the world.

Ultimately, Einstein seemed highly interested (and even humored) by my assertions. And as he saw that I was shocked by my own sudden burst of self confidence, he congratulated me on what he called my "chutzpa" (hut-spa)a word I had never heard before until then, which I later found out was a Yiddish term expressing, "sudden and unexpected boldness." ........(Christian Andreason)

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
That is a call I would hesitate to answer!

This reminds me of the story from John 9.

"...As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
3 “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him. As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. While I am in the world, I am the light of the world...”

I think that perhaps God has allowed for some of us to be poor, sick, no arms or legs and legs, and persecuted so that others would answer the call to service and minister to them.

I saw a post on Facebook today that reminded me of this discussion!

A TRUE BEAUTY FROM WITHIN

When she was in high school, Lizzie Velasquez was dubbed “The World’s Ugliest Woman” in an 8-second-long YouTube video. Born with a medical condition so rare that just two other people in the world are thought to have it, Velasquez has no adipose tissue and cannot create muscle, store energy, or gain weight. She has zero percent body fat and weighs just 60 pounds.

In the comments on YouTube, viewers called her “it” and “monster” and encouraged her to kill herself. Instead, Velasquez set four goals: To become a motivational speaker, to publish a book, to graduate college, and to build a family and a career for herself.

Now 23 years old, she’s been a motivational speaker for seven years and has given more than 200 workshops on embracing uniqueness, dealing with bullies, and overcoming obstacles. She’s a senior majoring in Communications at Texas State University in San Marcos, where she lives with her best friend. Her first book, “Lizzie Beautiful,” came out in 2010 and her second, “Be Beautiful, Be You,” was published earlier this month.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lizzie-Velasquez/503557426361730?ref=profile

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
the visions are interesting, though i dont recall the Word of God(bible) upholding a universalist view that all people who ever lived will be saved. but thats a discussion for another thread.

God's primary purpose is to be glorified; for his creation to glorify him. everything else is secondary.

suffering is a state of mind and has very little to do with our circumstances. this person with no arms and legs who's filled with joy and peace proves this, the story of paul the apostle proves this, MY OWN LIFE proves this. there are many people who have way more than this person has who have taken their own lives in misery and despair. the peace of God that transcends all understanding(phil. 4:4-7) comes from God and only God. circumstances change, God does not.

this is hard to grasp when we approach God and his purpose from a man-centered point of view. God is not accountable to us. the good things God does for us are PURELY and TOTALLY out of grace, not out of any obligation to pay us back for something. for we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. we are the servant in matthew 18:23-26 with a debt we can never pay that gets cancelled purely by grace. grace cannot be earned and must always be free.

a saying i like to use is "never ask God to give you what you deserve".

Yes......these past five years or so of my life have been a time when God has shown me far more about how desperately we all depend on his kindness and generosity and grace...........and what we can earn by our works is of little or no value??!!!!!!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist

In America we are highly critical of the poor and sick - the same poor and sick to which Jesus devoted much of his ministry!

I think Christ will judge us based on the abilities that we were given, and none of us are in a position to judge others - not understanding the inner "burdens" with which they are struggling!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

In America we are highly critical of the poor and sick - the same poor and sick to which Jesus devoted much of his ministry!

I think Christ will judge us based on the abilities that we were given, and none of us are in a position to judge others - not understanding the inner "burdens" with which they are struggling!

I think you are correct that our tendency to have an attitude of superiority over the poor and sick is getting us into more trouble than we tend to realize!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I don't know what your original intention was posting this, but the part the person was asked whom pleased God more, and it turned out to be the miserable destitute man, I immediately started crying.

I have lost my faith in God, but always hope that maybe there is something. I have had a hard life -- severe abuse, abandonment, watched my mother die as a teenager, faced my own terminal illness, wife cheated on me and ran off to a different state with another man, been homeless twice and lived in a car, suffer from PTSD and other problems -- and because of it I am a very angry, hateful, bitter soul. Sometimes my ability to feel love is so degraded I don't even think I'm human anymore, but I try with all of me to be a light where I can despite the darkness in me. Reading that part of the post made me cry so hard.

It really touched me -- thank you for posting this.

You are deeply welcome The Poltergeist.

I am sure that you will not mind if I quote you to the wall of Pastor Rick Joyner. As he and his friends see what you wrote…… prayers will be coming in your direction……………….

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know this is from the start of the thread but wanted to address it:
Whatever happened to free will?
We do have free will.

Why does God have to inflict suffering to get what he wants?
He doesn't inflict anything on us. Suffering exists because sin exists. And sin exists because the devil exists. I know the common question is "Why doesn't God just remove the devil then?". Because as you stated in response to your first question... free will.

If he stopped anything from happening like the apple being bitten. Then we wouldn't have free will because He would have interfered.

Is he incapable of doing anything else? Medical science has come a long way since 30 AD - are doctors interfering with God's work? Should we shut down the hospitals?
So that above answer I got makes these other questions null and void. God doesn't make us to be armless for example. He doens't say "Mark over there is going to be born and end up with a bad mental illness in life!". But because sin exists, bad things happen. What God does do though is tries to make the best out of out situations. Sometimes it means healing, sometimes it doesn't. He has a path He would like us to go down of course, but because we have free will He can't say "You must go down this path because you will have a better life if you do!". He does for lack of better words hints at a path to take or tries to lead us.

Of course we don't always see the hints or paths. But none the less God cares for us. I go back to that "Why didn't God remove the devil then?" question. Another answer to add would be also that God could have simply let us all die and go to hell if He wanted. But He found a way to bring us a chance to go to heaven. A chance that doens't interfere with our free will, but does give us a choice in which we must decide.

So Jesus was sent to pay for our sins. And by doing this we can become saved and go to heaven. Some say many things in response to that but again I say He didn't have to send Jesus down. But He did. Thats love on a scale beyond we can even comprehend.

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
We do have free will.
Theofane's comments contradict the notion of free will, hence my question. Reiterating the premise of the problem doesn't answer it.

He doesn't inflict anything on us. Suffering exists because sin exists. And sin exists because the devil exists. I know the common question is "Why doesn't God just remove the devil then?". Because as you stated in response to your first question... free will.
First, God is omnipotent, so he de dicto necessarily can get anything he wants. If he what he wants is to remove the devil's influence without violating free will, he can do that. So if the devil and sin exist, it can only be because God wants them to.

Second, that question wouldn't be the first I'd ask. The first question I'd ask is, "Why make the devil in the first place, if he knew it would fundamentally pollute everything?".

Finally, remember what it was I was responding to: Theofane (and John 9) claimed that God was actively maiming people so that others would have a chance to act charitably. Theofane cited John 9, and implied that God actively maims people so that others would have to rush to their aid, and thus have a chance to display God-like qualities. So whatever happened to free will? Why didn't the maimed individual get a choice in the matter? If free will is so iron-clad that even God refuses to touch it, why is it so carelessly (and callously!) ignored in this instance?

If he stopped anything from happening like the apple being bitten. Then we wouldn't have free will because He would have interfered.
That's a trade I'd be willing to make. I'd happily, gladly, instantly and without second thoughts, trade in my free will if it meant even a single child could be forever free of suffering.

Besides, God stops plenty of things from happening. He actively designed the human brain in such a way that I cannot comprehend objects in four spatial dimensions. It's just impossible for my brain to do. Does that inability mean I have no free will? Probably not. So why couldn't God do the same thing with, say, murder, or rape? Why not make those actions just utterly incomprehensible, so that the human brain would never be able to even consider the notion? We'd still have free will - "Chicken or fish? Rowing or cycling? Art or science? Christianity or atheism or Islam or...?" - and there'd be much less suffering in the world.

So just like that, I, a mere mortal, have come up with a way to remove human-caused suffering and maintain free will (or keep it as intact as it is now, at least). Why couldn't God have done that?

So that above answer I got makes these other questions null and void. God doesn't make us to be armless for example. He doens't say "Mark over there is going to be born and end up with a bad mental illness in life!".
I disagree. It would violate no one's freedom of will if he quietly corrected a zygote's faulty DNA. The zygote doesn't have any will, neither the mother nor father had any say in the zygote's DNA, etc, so free will would remain intact.

God could, if he so wished, correct whatever it is that made Mark have mental illness... but he chooses not to. God may not have directly caused the mental illness, but by deciding not to help, he becomes a cause of the illness. If I could save someone from a burning building, but instead look on impassively, I am at least partially responsible for their subsequent death. I may not have started the fire, but my inaction has made me culpable.

But all that is moot, as John 9 quite clearly states that people are maimed so that God might be glorified. It doesn't say that people are maimed, and God has a way to get glory out of it (which is pretty sick in itself); it explicitly states that they are maimed for a purpose.

But because sin exists, bad things happen. What God does do though is tries to make the best out of out situations. Sometimes it means healing, sometimes it doesn't. He has a path He would like us to go down of course, but because we have free will He can't say "You must go down this path because you will have a better life if you do!". He does for lack of better words hints at a path to take or tries to lead us.

Of course we don't always see the hints or paths. But none the less God cares for us. I go back to that "Why didn't God remove the devil then?" question. Another answer to add would be also that God could have simply let us all die and go to hell if He wanted. But He found a way to bring us a chance to go to heaven. A chance that doens't interfere with our free will, but does give us a choice in which we must decide.

So Jesus was sent to pay for our sins. And by doing this we can become saved and go to heaven. Some say many things in response to that but again I say He didn't have to send Jesus down. But He did. Thats love on a scale beyond we can even comprehend.
If a cruel slavemaster throws a gnawed bone to a hungry slave, would you say the slavemaster is showing incomprehensible love to the slave? After all, the slavemaster didn't have to throw the bone!

Obviously the answer is no, the slavemaster is showing nothing but contempt, callously reinforcing the 'I'm better than you' mindset.

So I disagree that God sending Jesus to die for 3 days is at all loving - it's not an inherently loving act, and it changed absolutely nothing about the state of the world.

What would be loving is if God snapped his fingers and wiped out malaria. But he doesn't, and so hundreds of thousands die each year (which incidentally makes him a horrifyingly wicked being in my books). Can you explain to me exactly, specifically, how free will stops God from wiping out malaria?

There's also the issue of choice: suppose If I wake up in gallows, and a nearby man says "I'll let you out if you make the choice right now to love me. If you don't, I'll do nothing, and you'll die." The choice is unfair, because the threat of suffering is strong-arming me. The choice is also impossible, as humans don't come with switches that suddenly make them love something, or believe something. And yet, this is the same thing that Christians profess. So why is God's demand of "Love me or burn" not equally an unfair (and impossible) choice for him to ask us to make?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Theofane's comments contradict the notion of free will, hence my question. Reiterating the premise of the problem doesn't answer it.

First, God is omnipotent, so he de dicto necessarily can get anything he wants. If he what he wants is to remove the devil's influence without violating free will, he can do that. So if the devil and sin exist, it can only be because God wants them to.

Second, that question wouldn't be the first I'd ask. The first question I'd ask is, "Why make the devil in the first place, if he knew it would fundamentally pollute everything?".

Finally, remember what it was I was responding to: Theofane (and John 9) claimed that God was actively maiming people so that others would have a chance to act charitably. Theofane cited John 9, and implied that God actively maims people so that others would have to rush to their aid, and thus have a chance to display God-like qualities. So whatever happened to free will? Why didn't the maimed individual get a choice in the matter? If free will is so iron-clad that even God refuses to touch it, why is it so carelessly (and callously!) ignored in this instance?

That's a trade I'd be willing to make. I'd happily, gladly, instantly and without second thoughts, trade in my free will if it meant even a single child could be forever free of suffering.

Besides, God stops plenty of things from happening. He actively designed the human brain in such a way that I cannot comprehend objects in four spatial dimensions. It's just impossible for my brain to do. Does that inability mean I have no free will? Probably not. So why couldn't God do the same thing with, say, murder, or rape? Why not make those actions just utterly incomprehensible, so that the human brain would never be able to even consider the notion? We'd still have free will - "Chicken or fish? Rowing or cycling? Art or science? Christianity or atheism or Islam or...?" - and there'd be much less suffering in the world.

So just like that, I, a mere mortal, have come up with a way to remove human-caused suffering and maintain free will (or keep it as intact as it is now, at least). Why couldn't God have done that?

I disagree. It would violate no one's freedom of will if he quietly corrected a zygote's faulty DNA. The zygote doesn't have any will, neither the mother nor father had any say in the zygote's DNA, etc, so free will would remain intact.

God could, if he so wished, correct whatever it is that made Mark have mental illness... but he chooses not to. God may not have directly caused the mental illness, but by deciding not to help, he becomes a cause of the illness. If I could save someone from a burning building, but instead look on impassively, I am at least partially responsible for their subsequent death. I may not have started the fire, but my inaction has made me culpable.

But all that is moot, as John 9 quite clearly states that people are maimed so that God might be glorified. It doesn't say that people are maimed, and God has a way to get glory out of it (which is pretty sick in itself); it explicitly states that they are maimed for a purpose.

If a cruel slavemaster throws a gnawed bone to a hungry slave, would you say the slavemaster is showing incomprehensible love to the slave? After all, the slavemaster didn't have to throw the bone!

Obviously the answer is no, the slavemaster is showing nothing but contempt, callously reinforcing the 'I'm better than you' mindset.

So I disagree that God sending Jesus to die for 3 days is at all loving - it's not an inherently loving act, and it changed absolutely nothing about the state of the world.

What would be loving is if God snapped his fingers and wiped out malaria. But he doesn't, and so hundreds of thousands die each year (which incidentally makes him a horrifyingly wicked being in my books). Can you explain to me exactly, specifically, how free will stops God from wiping out malaria?

There's also the issue of choice: suppose If I wake up in gallows, and a nearby man says "I'll let you out if you make the choice right now to love me. If you don't, I'll do nothing, and you'll die." The choice is unfair, because the threat of suffering is strong-arming me. The choice is also impossible, as humans don't come with switches that suddenly make them love something, or believe something. And yet, this is the same thing that Christians profess. So why is God's demand of "Love me or burn" not equally an unfair (and impossible) choice for him to ask us to make?

Humanity is facing a situation where we may invent an android..... that has off the scale intelligence and ability...… and we may invent some sort of virtual reality holographic environment to test androids to see if they will act in an altruistic and humble manner.

How much freedom of choice will we allow these androids to harm each other in that virtual reality world?

Apparently human freedom of choice to do harm will be somewhat decreased over the next two centuries if the near death experience of Howard Storm was in fact Howard meeting the Word/ Logos/ Messiah Yeshua/ Jesus in higher dimensions of space - time!

The image of the future that they gave me then, and it was their image, not one that I created, surprised me. My image had previously been sort of like Star Wars, where everything was space age, plastics, and technology.

The future that they showed me was almost no technology at all. What everybody, absolutely everybody, in this euphoric future spent most of their time doing was raising children. The chief concern of people was children, and everybody considered children to be the most precious commodity in the world.

And when a person became an adult, there was no sense of anxiety, nor hatred, nor competition.

There was this enormous sense of trust and mutual respect. If a person, in this view of the future, became disturbed, then the community of people all cared about the disturbed person falling away from the harmony of the group. Spiritually, through prayer and love, the others would elevate the afflicted person.

What people did with the rest of their time was that they gardened, with almost no physical effort. They showed me that plants, with prayer, would produce huge fruits and vegetables.

People, in unison, could control the climate of the planet through prayer. Everybody would work with mutual trust and the people would call the rain, when needed, and the sun to shine.

Howard Storm's light being friends told him more about the new world to come. According to them, God wished to usher in the kingdom within the next two hundred years. In order to do so, God had rescinded some of the free will given to creatures, in favor of more divine control over human events. This new world order, according to Howard, will resemble some near-death descriptions of heaven. People will live in such peace and harmony and love that communication will be telepathic, travel instantaneous and the need for clothing and shelter eliminated. The lion will indeed lie down with the lamb.
.near-death.com/storm.html#a04

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I don't know what your original intention was posting this, but the part the person was asked whom pleased God more, and it turned out to be the miserable destitute man, I immediately started crying.

I have lost my faith in God, but always hope that maybe there is something. I have had a hard life -- severe abuse, abandonment, watched my mother die as a teenager, faced my own terminal illness, wife cheated on me and ran off to a different state with another man, been homeless twice and lived in a car, suffer from PTSD and other problems -- and because of it I am a very angry, hateful, bitter soul. Sometimes my ability to feel love is so degraded I don't even think I'm human anymore, but I try with all of me to be a light where I can despite the darkness in me. Reading that part of the post made me cry so hard.

It really touched me -- thank you for posting this.

The Poltergeist.... I am almost certain that you will love this other writing by the same author if you scroll down to the heading "The Judgment Seat of Christ" and begin reading:

The Hordes of Hell are Marching

Portion of the book The Vision by Pastor Rick Joyner.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I appreciate the thought, but that'll be wasted energy my friend; as I'd said, I've lost my faith in God -- if prayer actually did any good I wouldn't be in this condition. The prayers don't do anything.

I do appreciate your kindness though -- I appreciate it very much! There is a quote I read the other day, from some Eastern Philosopher: "Conquer the angry man with love."

Your kindness has touched me and warmed the stone I have for a heart, and that's more good alone than any prayer has done or will ever do.

Thank you.

The Poltergeist.... I am 95% that I was once in a state of greater anger against G-d than you are at this time. My dad died back on January 1, 1990. I had became an atheist not too long after hearing a hellfire and brimstone sermon by Dr. Billy Graham.... perhaps around Christmas of 1965... when I was six years old.

Evangelist Garner Ted Armstrong got me interested in the Bible through his ideas on 'soul sleep' that made G-d seem humane.

In 1990 when I began to research near death experience accounts..... the negative ones threw me into a really serious philosophical and theological crisis. I volunteered for something that put me into a pretty bad state..... for an entire decade!

http://www.christianforums.com/t7647325/

Yom Kippur/The Rapture connection?!
This is just a theory and I may be wrong but after being highly skeptical of the idea of a rapture for most of my life I am now open to the idea that the Rapture could fit in extremely well with the ultimate fulfillment of the Fast of Yom Kippur.

I could not get my head around this idea until reading the NDE account of Dr. Richard Eby:

"He paused as though the joy of that thought had overwhelmed him for the moment.

"My Father assures me that the time is yet a little while, but very little. Soon he will call those already in paradise to surround me as we descend from this third heaven to the first heaven around the Earth. The souls of all my saints will be instantly clothed in their new resurrection bodies, as will the living saints on Earth who rise to us in the glory cloud! At the sounding trumpet they all receive new bodies and rise to meet us in the air. We return as my body to my throne room with the Father. Now do you understand why I called this place a temporary abiding place? Do you grasp what it will mean to be one with me and the Father in your incorruptible bodies? My book states that I assumed mankind's sin so you "might be made the righteousness of God' in me!"

I can clearly recall how Jesus' voice paused at this moment. He was savoring an anticipation too intense and private to be revealed. Was he pre-living that moment at which he would enjoy the victory which his Father would give him as the eternal reward for his own long-suffering? His own sting of death would be swallowed up, and he would be the omniscient Head of a completed and compliant body for whom he had shed his blood on a terrible cross. He would reign as KING of the Jews after these days of grace. Then his thoughts returned to me.

"My son, when that time has come, my Father will call to me. The applause of the heavenly hosts will be deafening; they too have been awaiting that day, ever since they announced my birth to the shepherds at Bethlehem so long ago. Scoffers will gaze with fear and wonder as my angelic hosts watch me fulfill my promise to my earthly body of believers at my soon return to Earth." (Dr. Richard Eby)

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If the most very basic promises in the bible aren't kept, why would any of that mean anything to me? God can't even follow through on giving "rest to the weary or overburdened" so anything beyond that holds even less water.

I am very sorry about your father but I am dealing with much more than the loss of a parent.

Yes..... but without understanding of the relevance of Yom Kippur the message of Rabbi Jesus/ Yeshua will tend to be misunderstood.

If the mention of the name "Azazel" in Leviticus 16:10 implies what I think it does.... the universal salvation is implied..... because the turning toward God of a high level fallen angel.... would divide the kingdom of Satan... and it would then fall..... and an outpouring of the Holy Spirit would soon afterwards transform the whole world.

I had been fasting on Yom Kippur since the late 1970's and I had always wondered what this verse could possibly mean:

"but the goat on which the lot fell for Aza'zel shall be presented alive before the LORD to make atonement over it, that it may be sent away into the wilderness to Aza'zel.(Leviticus 16:10 RSV)

.............In a nutshell I have came to strongly suspect that Azazel is the fallen angel who will be somewhat like General Abner who brought the ten tribes over to King David or to Rav Shaul/Paul who repented of persecuting Christians and followers of God.

I suspect that when the fallen angel Azazel returns to the God of Abraham with his whole heart...when Yom Kippur is completely fulfilled....then a major step will have been taken toward the ushering in of a truly new era of worldwide peace where even the eating habits of wild animals like lions will be altered!

"And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?"
(Matthew 12)

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If one of the most fallen of all former fallen angels is destined to return to G-d with his whole heart............. then... the implication for all of us could be termed "Bill Wilson Effect" after the man who helped start Alcoholics Anonymous.... in other words...... our worst sins...... our blackest errors...... are transformed into assets........ no longer liabilities...... through the working out of the plan of Messiah Yeshua/ Jesus in our lives...............

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Huntun

Ho Chih Zen
Apr 30, 2014
✟15,381.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
God's primary purpose is to be glorified; for his creation to glorify him. everything else is secondary.

Do you know why he would desire something like that ? One would think an omni type God would have little desire for such a base thing like adulation and glorification by others. Wouldn't he be beyond that. It's more something I would expect from a vain earthly king with low self esteem. It seems to make God sound needy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Do you know why he would desire something like that ? One would think an omni type God would have little desire for such a base thing like adulation and glorification by others. Wouldn't he be beyond that. It's more something I would expect from a vain earthly king with low self esteem. It seems to make God sound needy.

Perhaps the Dr. Masaru Emoto research gives us an idea as to why.

Adulation for a creator and a mentality of gratefulness/ thankfulness is a powerful force.

masaru emoto

At first, we strenuously observed crystals of tap water, river water, and lake water. From the tap water we could not get any beautiful crystals. We could not get any beautiful ones from rivers and lakes near big cities, either. However, from the water from rivers and lakes where water is kept pristine from development, we could observe beautiful crystals with each one having its own uniqueness.
The observation was done in various ways:

Observe the crystal of frozen water after showing
letters to water
Showing pictures to water
Playing music to water
Praying to water
In all of these experiments, distilled water for hospital usage produced by the same company was used. Since it is distilled twice, it can be said that it is pure water.

The result was that we always observed beautiful crystals after giving good words, playing good music, and showing, playing, or offering pure prayer to water. On the other hand, we observed disfigured crystals in the opposite situation. Moreover, we never observed identical crystals.
I published these results as photograph collections: “Messages from Water 1” (1999), “Messages from Water 2” (2002), “Messages from Water 3” (2004), and “Messages from Water 4” (2008). (All of them are published from Hado Kyoiku-Sha.)
Then in November 2001, “Water Knows the Answer” (Sunmark Publishing) was published not as a photograph collection but as explanatory book. Many of you may know that these books have become bestseller not only in Japan but also rather in overseas.
It is “beauty” if I were asked about the selection criteria of crystals.

Upvote 0

Huntun

Ho Chih Zen
Apr 30, 2014
✟15,381.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That praying to water supposedly makes it form "more beautiful" crystals doesn't really change much about the reality of seeking ones own glory at all cost even if it involves the infliction of extreme long term (in the case of God apparently eternal) suffering on others. Those that do things like that generally have self esteem issues or are evil dictator types like Napolen, Hitler, Alexander the Great, etc.. Back in the bronze age the might is right thing impressed people so i could see them attributing stuff like this to God to make him sound extra awe inspiring but now it just seems more like an insult to Gods honor to portray him as that petty and inhumane. "God doesn't save everyone so he can be glorified by people suffering in hell for eternity" = barbaric idea.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
That praying to water supposedly makes it form "more beautiful" crystals doesn't really change much about the reality of seeking ones own glory at all cost even if it involves the infliction of extreme long term (in the case of God apparently eternal) suffering on others. Those that do things like that generally have self esteem issues or are evil dictator types like Napolen, Hitler, Alexander the Great, etc.. Back in the bronze age the might is right thing impressed people so i could see them attributing stuff like this to God to make him sound extra awe inspiring but now it just seems more like an insult to Gods honor to portray him as that petty and inhumane. "God doesn't save everyone so he can be glorified by people suffering in hell for eternity" = barbaric idea.

The near death experience of Dr. George Ritchie sure seems to fit with many scriptures regarding the state of the dead...… and he was shown that the dead could call out to God.... and be raised up out of spiritual prisons that they got themselves into......

Upvote 0