Has Ellen Degeneres Opened Doors For Christians?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs.PGL

Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2015
windsor ontario
✟69,644.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Following Christ is not discrimination. It is wisdom
That's not the same situation and this has been explained to a hundred times already.

A tv show chooses the type of programming and guests they want to feature much like a baker would choose the type of pastries and cakes they want to sell.

What you are suggesting is to force Ellen (the baker) to feature a guest she doesn't want on her show. Much like forcing a baker to sell tires.

It's not discrimination if a baker doesn't want to sell tires.
Nope. Nope, Ellen voluntarily invited that guest on her show, and then discriminated against her, when she didn't like her politics.

Upvote 0

Mrs.PGL

Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2015
windsor ontario
✟69,644.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see nothing about homosexuality there...

And let's be clear, you'd be perfectly justified in saying "Homosexuality is against my Christian beliefs and against the teachings of my Christian denomination." That may very well be true, and I wouldn't argue with that fact. Religion isn't limited to what its founder is quoted as saying. I recognize that. But you keep saying specifically "Christ's teachings," when that simply isn't true for this topic. You might wish it were, but you've been unable to support that claim.
Am I correct that you have no clear understanding of scripture?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Nope. Nope, Ellen voluntarily invited that guest on her show, and then discriminated against her, when she didn't like her politics.

Ellen dumped her when she showed that she was spreading hate. There was no 'discrimination'.

Upvote 0

thesopranopiano

Fiery, but mostly peaceful
Aug 8, 2013
Texas
✟121,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, again, should Christians be allowed the same parameters, and not need to bake cakes for events they consider wrong?

Christian bakers are free to sell whatever cake they want. But once someone buys that cake, it no longer belongs to the baker, and whoever purchased it is free to use it for whatever event they want.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Like Ellen insulted her,

Well, now we've officially entered Bizarroworld.

So, should her behaviour not endorse refusing condoning behaviour Christians don't agree with?

Yeah! You are referring to the Gospel awards show disinviting Burrell, right?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes she did. She invited her onto the show and then rejected her - cancelling her appearance because she believes Christ. It is as simple as that
Then why did the Gospel awards show cancel her appearance?

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,331.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married

What she did was legal. And you're still equivocating.

Listen, no one agrees with you. No one is going to agree with you. Because you're wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thesopranopiano

Fiery, but mostly peaceful
Aug 8, 2013
Texas
✟121,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Am I correct that you have no clear understanding of scripture?
No, you are not. Is that really your only response? I'm starting to think that you're playing us.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So, again, should Christians be allowed the same parameters, and not need to bake cakes for events they consider wrong?
If this christian has their own television show, they are free not to invite whoever they wish to eat cake.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does not lessen that discrimination is illegal, and she endorsed that - because of hurt feelings. She chose to go "snowflake"
Not all discrimination is illegal as has been explained to you multiple times. Your inability to grasp the legal issue is your problem, not mine.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And?

If she is the one who voluntarily invited her on, how is it any problem that she then voluntarily chose to uninvite her?

Again, I'm not seeing any problem with a show host deciding what to have on her show.

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We tried covering that several pages back but it was ignored because there's a persecution narrative to sell here.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I was the first person to mention the gospel awards show cancelling her appearance, as well as her radio being canceled after her homophobic rant, but both were dismissed as political correctness by another member who supported the OP.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.