Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Shoot...(Not you, Coach!)

Well I have 2.

1.) What the heck is "Valley Fever?" I can't get anything on this nor any help. I heard that all new people get it or something.

2.) Scorpions. Are those things REALLY all over? I'm living on the 2nd floor of an apartment so is that fine? I had a couple of people just tell me to check all my sheets, blankets, clothes, etc... before I use them. :confused:

Upvote 0

BeefSupreme

Veteran
Aug 1, 2007
✟17,069.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I posted a huge thing about valley fever on my personal blog on my website awhile back.
Yeah, it's messed up, but dude, 3 million people live here... I think it's the doomsayers who cry about it the most.
You can get these spores in your lungs here... If you even visited here you have them... They're everywhere. And sometimes they can hibernate for years and years before they cause issues. But for most everyone,it's not a big deal. In fact, it IS no big deal... Don't sweat it.

And scorpions? I haven't seen a one since I've lived here.... Snakes either. They stay out od the way... Like I said, millions of people live here... And I never hear about anyone contracting valley fever or getting stung by scorpions... I'd say you're biggest concern, health-wise, is the heat or the gang members down on the south side.

Upvote 0

BeefSupreme

Veteran
Aug 1, 2007
✟17,069.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I live up on the north side.... By Bell and 12th st.... Very low-key area.. Nice family neighborhoods.... DEFINATELY stay away from the south and south-west side of town... And Mesa, too.... I mean, Mesa isn't too bad, but every night someone gets killed on the south side... Buncha maniacs down there.
Stay up in the Paradise Valley, Moon Valley, Peoria or Scottsdale area, if you can afford it!
Welcome to Hell, Annova!...lol....Just in time for the Monsoon season, too!

Upvote 0

Annova

Veteran
Jan 9, 2007
✟9,085.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I live up on the north side.... By Bell and 12th st.... Very low-key area.. Nice family neighborhoods.... DEFINATELY stay away from the south and south-west side of town... And Mesa, too.... I mean, Mesa isn't too bad, but every night someone gets killed on the south side... Buncha maniacs down there.
Stay up in the Paradise Valley, Moon Valley, Peoria or Scottsdale area, if you can afford it!
Welcome to Hell, Annova!...lol....Just in time for the Monsoon season, too!

I'm staying between the upper part of Peoria and Paradise Valley. My place is closer to Peoria area near 17. Something like that.

I have heard to stay in the northern section and never go in the south. I don't really have a need to so I'll stay out of there. Don't need to break down and meet the Illegals.

Monsoon season huh? Don't you mean dust storms? LOL!! I heard all about that stuff. Should be fun. j/k. At least I don't hae to shovel 3 feet of snow anymore and slide all over in my car. Now THAT'S not fun.

Try driving in an ice storm.

Upvote 0

Annova

Veteran
Jan 9, 2007
✟9,085.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, you'll see the monsoon...lol
As for fun.... Who has time for that anymore anyway? :p

Oh yeah I'm sure I'll see that. LOL!!! If not then I need to reorganize my life.

Man I'll tell you I'm not worry about whether or not I should move. Got to tackle the state now. Shesh...

Upvote 0

ido

Adios
May 7, 2007
✟56,288.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I wasn't sure where to post this because I couldn't find a section for it. So I decided to post here since most of my time is spent in this section. Guess I could have posted it in my blog. Oh well.

Anyhow I'm finally moving in a couple of days. I'm so freaking scared but excited and full of emotions.

I'm moving to the western side of the country and I live on the eastern side. Yeah I know I have guts to move away from everyone but I think that it's the best optinion for me. I don't know I feel like I was meant to go.

There's nothing here for me. I have to finish up school and can't do it where I'm living now. It's horrible because I don't want to move but I do. Wow how nutty is that? LOL!!

Anyway has anyone ever moved such a far distance? Just interested to see how people felt about it.

It's like I have all these doubts and fears but at the same time I think it's just "fear of the unknown."

My dad relocated with the company he works for when I was getting ready to start my senior year of HS. We moved from South FL to the Eastern part of Washington State. It was scary and exciting and completely overwhelming. The only saving grace was that I got involved with a Youth Group right away and became good friends with the Pastor's daughter and two other girls.

Praying for you as you make this move. I'll be anxious to see you post again once you get settled in on the West coast! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Annova

Veteran
Jan 9, 2007
✟9,085.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
My dad relocated with the company he works for when I was getting ready to start my senior year of HS. We moved from South FL to the Eastern part of Washington State. It was scary and exciting and completely overwhelming. The only saving grace was that I got involved with a Youth Group right away and became good friends with the Pastor's daughter and two other girls.

Praying for you as you make this move. I'll be anxious to see you post again once you get settled in on the West coast! :D

Oh yeah I'll still post. Sure it will be scary at first because I'm on my own completely but I'll adjust. I always do.

I'm just excited because no more WINTER SNOW!!!:thumbsup: I can't stand it being below 0 and having to start my car every morning for school/work and letting is warm up.

I will not miss that one bit.

Upvote 0

Periann

Nov 21, 2003
TX
✟11,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I moved away to a place that had a lot of snow, something that Im not used to. Luckily I didn't have to worry about my car because I didnt have one. :) But I learned that snow was not as glamourous as I had thought.

I've since moved back but I think the best thing that I did when I moved away was to befriend lots of different people than I'm used to. It was a growing experience for sure and now I don't regret it one bit. Good luck with your moving experience and new place :)

Upvote 0

Billy2007

Aug 15, 2007
Hull, United Kingdom
✟15,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i was 17 and i moved to the US alone was very scary getting used to it as i am from england, i got used 2 it i was there for a while got so used 2 it but then i had to return to england due to legal reasons although i do know ill be living permanatly in the US next year without being scared as i know what to expect this time :)

Upvote 0

kingoffools13

Jun 14, 2007
PA
✟12,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Anyway has anyone ever moved such a far distance? Just interested to see how people felt about it.

I've moved 15 or 16 times in my life (no not a military family). My father was in the ministry and we were always "going where they felt God wanted them to go".

Honestly it was rough on me to a point, but thats only because growing up I never had a hometown or group of friends to grow up with or even able to go to the same school for very long.

For you however, you have past that stage, you are in that young adult get out and experience the world age and if you want my opinion it would be good for you and you will have lots of fun doing it.

Don't fear the unknown just concentrate on all the good stuff you will get to experience, the opportunity it presents and the joy of finishing school and being able to go any where and do anything you want.

K
O
F

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I live in Arizona too. And BTW Mesa is a pretty big city and there are certain parts that are bad, but since I live around there I can confirm it's not bad really. I prefer it to the west side anyday (randomguy). As far as Valley Fever, my husband and one of my bosses had it. My husband worked construction so he was around dirt alot. It's a spore in the dirt and it attacks your immune system and makes you very very tired and you get night sweats and worse. BUT it is not that common really considering all the people that live here. As far as scorpions go, they are mostly in unpopulated or newly developed places. If you are in an apartment, especially upstairs, I doubt you will have any problems. I have lived here for the last 10 years and have only seen a few and they were in places I just described. They hide in dark places and under things (usually). Other than being VERY VERY hot in the summer...it's a nice place to live. Make sure you keep in close contact with your mom since you are concerned about the abusive situation. And even though it is SO hot in the summer, it IS the desert and it still gets cold in the winter, so don't throw out all your sweaters, but it doesn't snow or get that cold maybe in the 30's. But it does it drastically sometimes and I always forget in the summer that it does get cold and sometimes it catches me off guard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums