Tennessee
✟37,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was reading about Jesus being baptized and thought isn't it interesting that no place in scripture do we read about any of the 12 disciples being baptized . I am not one who thinks that just because its not written it can't be true, maybe they were and it was not recorded but I find it interesting. There are some in the family who think you can't go to heaven unless your baptized. Am I the only one who finds this interesting?

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
There are some in the family who think you can't go to heaven unless your baptized. Am I the only one who finds this interesting?
The thief on the cross was not baptized...

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
The thief on the cross was not baptized...
Are you referring to the malefactor? Both the thief’s ("lēstēs" better translated robbers) cast the same in his teeth. Mat 27:44

It was one of the malefactors that Jesus spoke to ….Luk 23:39-43

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was reading about Jesus being baptized and thought isn't it interesting that no place in scripture do we read about any of the 12 disciples being baptized . I am not one who thinks that just because its not written it can't be true, maybe they were and it was not recorded but I find it interesting. There are some in the family who think you can't go to heaven unless your baptized. Am I the only one who finds this interesting?
John 4:4 Now Jesus learned that the Pharisees had heard that he was gaining and baptizing more disciples than John— 2 although in fact it was not Jesus who baptized, but his disciples.

We are not talking about Christian baptism, but the Baptism of John. The disciples who heard John were probably already baptized.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Ritual immersion was a common, sometimes daily practice for Jews at that time, such as before they would enter the temple, which is why there are many mikvehs in the temple area. Incidentally, these were most like what were used to baptize the 3,000 who came to faith in Acts 2:41. While we are not saved as the result of baptism, the same faith by which we are saved is also expressed through baptism.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Are you referring to the malefactor? Both the thief’s ("lēstēs" better translated robbers) cast the same in his teeth. Mat 27:44

It was one of the malefactors that Jesus spoke to ….Luk 23:39-43
What is your point?

Upvote 0