I'm going to continue my research for my own benefit. Is anyone else still interested in hearing it?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm going to continue my research for my own benefit. Is anyone else still interested in hearing it?

Some of you know what I am talking about, so let me know if you're still interested.

If this thread remains open, I'll post it here in a few days, etc.

God Bless.

Reactions: Unqualified

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

Some of you know what I am talking about, so let me know if you're still interested.

If this thread remains open, I'll post it here in a few days, etc.

God Bless.
Of course. But try not to follow some of our other colleagues down the rabbit hole that any research that doesn't support a biblical exodus must be the product of a godless conspiracy to deny the Bible.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Of course. But try not to follow some of our other colleagues down the rabbit hole that any research that doesn't support a biblical exodus must be the product of a godless conspiracy to deny the Bible.
I promise to make it my own, and take it/interpret it for my own, ok.

Which will hopefully be very neutral/honest/fair/objective, ok.

Take Care/God Bless.

• Friendly
Reactions: BCP1928
Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟277,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I promise to make it my own, and take it/interpret it for my own, ok.

Which will hopefully be very neutral/honest/fair/objective, ok.

Take Care/God Bless.
Unfortunately you know how things usually turn out when one particular individual will invariably try to derail this thread.
The only way to stop this is to use the report button.

• Winner
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Unfortunately you know how things usually turn out when one particular individual will invariably try to derail this thread.
The only way to stop this is to use the report button.
I just most usually approach that like I do a lot of my research, or my learning process, etc, extrapolate any what I might consider to be important information, and ignore any extraneous information, etc.

Which can sometimes lead to ignoring a lot of some people's complete posts sometimes, etc, but sometimes not, etc.

Anyway, I'll be back later, etc, probably in a few days, etc, and hopefully this thread won't get derailed too far between there and then, as there's nothing here to derail it yet, etc.

Take Care/God Bless.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
For my own historical research purposes, I'd still like to look at the evidence for/against:

'Did the number of/unit of 'a million' even exist in the timeframe described?

Could anyone have even been able to count that high in that timeframe?'

Genesis 24:60 And they blessed Rebekah, and said unto her, Thou art our sister, be thou the mother of thousands of millions, and let thy seed possess the gate of those which hate them.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
All good by me then. Thanks.

Even the literal 600,000 footmen is an unlikely number to be known, (or countable, or estimable), by anyone living in/around 1500 BCE.
And in any case, using large numbers like that carried literary freight beyond providing an accurate count. There is no reason to suppose that an accurate count was even intended.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟277,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All good by me then. Thanks.

Even the literal 600,000 footmen is an unlikely number to be known, (or countable, or estimable), by anyone living in/around 1500 BCE.
It's a fanciful figure and along with the herd animals required to support a population of around two million where are their remains?
The other factor that hasn't been considered is Sinai's desert environment which has been that way for the past few thousand years and makes it highly unlikely to support large nomadic populations and their herd animals for forty years.

• Agree
Reactions: SelfSim
Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,244.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
And in any case, using large numbers like that carried literary freight beyond providing an accurate count. There is no reason to suppose that an accurate count was even intended.
'Literary freight', eh? The question is when did the fingers of that 'literary freight' add that literary freight to the very documents revered by literalists nowadays?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,244.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Genesis 24:60 And they blessed Rebekah, and said unto her, Thou art our sister, be thou the mother of thousands of millions, and let thy seed possess the gate of those which hate them.
There goes Genesis' credibility with that number.

And the gatekeeper, and mother of 'thousands of millions', must've been some kind of extreme, prolifically reproducing insect or something?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Read Numbers 1 with your calculator:

Reuben = 46,500
Simeon = 59,300
Gad = 45,650
Judah = 74,600
Issachar = 54,400
Zebulun = 57,400
Joseph = 40,500
Manasseh = 32,200
Benjamin = 35,400
Dan = 62,700
Asher =41,500
Naphtali = 53,400

Total = 603,550

Numbers 1:46 Even all they that were numbered were six hundred thousand and three thousand and five hundred and fifty.

Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,244.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Read Numbers 1 with your calculator:

Reuben = 46,500
Simeon = 59,300
Gad = 45,650
Judah = 74,600
Issachar = 54,400
Zebulun = 57,400
Joseph = 40,500
Manasseh = 32,200
Benjamin = 35,400
Dan = 62,700
Asher =41,500
Naphtali = 53,400

Total = 603,550

Numbers 1:46 Even all they that were numbered were six hundred thousand and three thousand and five hundred and fifty.
All those zeros but the number, '0' (zero), wasn't even known until after 2 or 3 BCE!?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

What's that old saying?

Be careful what you ask for, or you might have to invoke No True Scotsman to deny the answer?

Something like that.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
'Literary freight', eh? The question is when did the fingers of that 'literary freight' add that literary freight to the very documents revered by literalists nowadays?
Throughout the writing, redaction and compilation of the texts, because that's how historical narratives were written in those days.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,244.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Sure ...
So its like: Just swallow this stuff up, in spite of its lack of intellectual credibility, and move onwards in life, denying one's own intellect(?)
Yet that intellect I'm denying is also a reflection of the Creator's eh(?)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All those zeros but the number, '0' (zero), wasn't even known until after 2 or 3 BCE!?

Bummer, ain't it?

A true academic nightmare!

Genesis 5:14 And all the days of Cainan were nine hundred and ten years: and he died.

Genesis 5:3 And Adam lived an
hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

Genesis 20:16 And unto Sarah he said, Behold, I have given thy brother a
thousand pieces of silver: behold, he is to thee a covering of the eyes, unto all that are with thee, and with all other: thus she was reproved.

Leviticus 26:8 And five of you shall chase an hundred, and an hundred of you shall put
ten thousand to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword.

Exodus 12:37 And the children of Israel journeyed from Rameses to Succoth, about six
hundred thousand on foot that were men, beside children.

Genesis 24:60 And they blessed Rebekah, and said unto her, Thou art our sister, be thou the mother of thousands of
millions, and let thy seed possess the gate of those which hate them.

Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,244.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Bummer, ain't it?

A true academic nightmare!

Genesis 5:14 And all the days of Cainan were nine hundred and ten years: and he died.

Genesis 5:3 And Adam lived an
hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

Genesis 20:16 And unto Sarah he said, Behold, I have given thy brother a
thousand pieces of silver: behold, he is to thee a covering of the eyes, unto all that are with thee, and with all other: thus she was reproved.

Leviticus 26:8 And five of you shall chase an hundred, and an hundred of you shall put
ten thousand to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword.

Exodus 12:37 And the children of Israel journeyed from Rameses to Succoth, about six
hundred thousand on foot that were men, beside children.

Genesis 24:60 And they blessed Rebekah, and said unto her, Thou art our sister, be thou the mother of thousands of
millions, and let thy seed possess the gate of those which hate them.
So seeing disinformation across multiple books of the Bible, and denying my own inate arising perceptions therefrom, is a product of academia, eh?

Seems like that wasn't a problem for the authors of that disinformation(?)

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It's a fanciful figure and along with the herd animals required to support a population of around two million where are their remains?
The other factor that hasn't been considered is Sinai's desert environment which has been that way for the past few thousand years and makes it highly unlikely to support large nomadic populations and their herd animals for forty years.
Im just checking in, but wanted to make sure this got noticed, etc.

They apparently didn't have enough animals to support them, because they were gone shortly after the Red Sea, which I posted at the very end of that other thread here:

The question is what happened to the animals they did have, or did walk away with from Egypt, etc? Were they lost or left behind somehow? Did the eat them before God started providing the mana, etc? But this could maybe explain why there are no animal remains, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

And the gatekeeper, and mother of 'thousands of millions', must've been some kind of extreme, prolifically reproducing insect or something?
@AV1611VET as well

It says "be thou the number of", not that she actually was, or was ever going to be at or near that time, etc, but I am also going to do some research of the numbers, and of their numerical understandings, which will either prove fruitful, or it won't, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0