TN
✟31,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know so many Christians that are anti HP. I also know so many of them who are all about some HP. What are your thoughts? My stepdad told me that HP was against God due to witchcraft. I never really looked at it that way since the movies weren't personally attacking God by saying something bad about Him or doing things to trash God. I got through movie #3 and I was done because I couldn't keep up with the plot. Too much for me.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have no problem with it and have read six of the books and part of the seventh. Never did finish reading it, but it had nothing to do with witchcraft just that I did not read it for a few days and sort of lost track.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: carrico
Upvote 0

Christian Sonic Fan

Metal for life!
Jun 13, 2020
Pearisburg, Giles Country, Virginia
✟18,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I liked the movies a lot but I stopped watching it when all they were doing was walking around in the woods. I think it was the 7th one? I don't remember.

• Haha
Reactions: carrico
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know so many Christians that are anti HP. I also know so many of them who are all about some HP. What are your thoughts? My stepdad told me that HP was against God due to witchcraft. I never really looked at it that way since the movies weren't personally attacking God by saying something bad about Him or doing things to trash God. I got through movie #3 and I was done because I couldn't keep up with the plot. Too much for me.

It's just fiction. There are some good moral and social lessons in there for kids too.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love movies and tv shows. I go by a "gut feeling". I watched the first Harry Potter when I wasn't even a Christian, and I had a sense I shouldn't watch it. The same with Twilight, Supernatural and Roswell New Mexico. I don't watch anything related to witchcraft and vampires.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Dumbledore rocks.

"Our words are our most exhaustive form of magic." What this means to me. With words you can either tare down or build up another.

"We will all have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy." What this means to me, no matter what stand for truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

carrico

May 5, 2019
TN
✟31,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have no problem with it and have read six of the books and part of the seventh. Never did finish reading it, but it had nothing to do with witchcraft just that I did not read it for a few days and sort of lost track.

Me with every book, man

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

carrico

May 5, 2019
TN
✟31,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's just fiction. There are some good moral and social lessons in there for kids too.

Right it's just another fairytale. Good vs. Evil. I went to a family church. So I was related to the pastor. He said they were poorly written and bad to read. Then went on one day about his kid watching Snow White. I mean, those movies are sorcery too.

Upvote 0

carrico

May 5, 2019
TN
✟31,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love movies and tv shows. I go by a "gut feeling". I watched the first Harry Potter when I wasn't even a Christian, and I had a sense I shouldn't watch it. The same with Twilight, Supernatural and Roswell New Mexico. I don't watch anything related to witchcraft and vampires.

I totally understand. I get a weird vibe watching that stuff. The Twilight stuff really doesn't bother me that much. Its just really stupid in my opinion. My husband will have HP on every once in a while but he's so ADHD we only get to see it for a few minutes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums