Hank Hanegraaff works - Christanity in Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
. Satan could not have touched Job without God’s permission.
matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Jesus took back from the devil, he defeated him at calvary, he has no teeth anymore. Jesus knocked them out, served up one big tko,on his lame but. :D then he passed use of his power to us. this advent took place long after job, it happened when time was split in two. so was that veil.
mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Upvote 0
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
we have no problem believing this part. but the below part we do. why???
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
i am gonna believe Gods report!!!

Upvote 0
Question then.

Do you do all these things below? - including drinking any deadly thing?

Cheers,

YM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Yauming
Question then.

Do you do all these things below? - including drinking any deadly thing?

Cheers,

YM

quote:

From the New Bible Commentary (emphasis mine)

It is important to realize that even this early church writer does not suggest that these signs happen always and for everybody. We must not presume upon them and put God to the test , like one Christian sect that handles poisonous snakes. They are signs of the kingdom of God. We should accept them gratefully if they occur, but our minds should be set on God’s kingdom, not on its signs.

D. A. Carson, New Bible Commentary : 21st Century Edition, (Rev. ed. of: The new Bible commentary. 3rd ed. / edited by D. Guthrie, J.A. Motyer. 1970.;, 4th ed.; Leicester, England; Downers Grove, Ill., USA: Inter-Varsity Press, 1994),

Maranatha,

Craig :cool:

Upvote 0
. We should accept them gratefully if they occur, but our minds should be set on God’s kingdom, not on its signs.
comment for the commentary, the signs were a result of doing God's kingdom work. mark 16:20 and yes i agree we are not to test God, just believe him.
sorry i can't go into this further working on my web sites. finished pray and get results link

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.