2 Tim. 2:24-26
Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by norman
your church does believe that our salvation is through Jesus Christ and only Jesus Christ and not based on good works and that it is eternal security correct?

Yes. That is what we believe and it is in our doctrinal statement.

let me know if i am wrong on the beliefs of your denomination and salvation. Can i ask one more question before we leap into healing discussion, as a Baptist how many people have you lead to the Lord?

To my shame I haven't led anyone to the Lord in our church. Our attendance has been dwindling for years and we are trying to rebuild the attendance back up again. What relevance does that have to this discussion?

now let us discuss the gifts of the Holy Spirit and healing? as found in 1 cor 12th chapter, i would take it that you and your denomination believe that those gifts are no longer in operation today within the body of Christ, if i am correct in that assumption would you kindly Use God's Word and present your proof, if i am incorrect in what you believe as a denomination. then kindly correct me.

I don't want to speak for the congregation but I will give you my thoughts.
I don't believe that some of the gifts still exist today, namely healing through a person, and tongues. I believe that those gifts were phased out by God as the church grew and the Apostles were no longer around. I believe the gift of healing was a gift to authenticate the Apostle's ministry as given by Christ. There has been much written on this subject and it would involve a lot of writing back and forth to discuss it.

Why are we going off on this tangent anyhow? I thought this thread was to discuss whether Hank Hanegraaff was of good integrity?

God Bless

Upvote 0

Apologist

Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
it does sound sarcastic but so does telling someone they will go to hell for an eternity, if they do not receive Jesus.

Do you really believe that Norman? What Fred Price said is absolute nonsense! Telling someone they are going to go to hell without Christ is NOT sarcastic my friend, it is loving!

In the Bible the only time i have seen God getting glorified was when healings happened, and i am not trying to be rude or sarcastic to anyone,

Oh really? Have you read 2 Corinthians 12:7-10?
Listen to Paul: And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

That, my friend, is real praise! We need to be able to glorify Christ no matter what our circumstances. That is the whole theme of the New Testament on suffering.

being rude is telling them they got to sit in that chair, that GOD wants them there, that they are suffering for Jesus. that is an evil report to be quite honest with you. oh God the giants are too big. Jesus said move that mountain get out of that boat, heal the sick cast out them devils, lean not unto your own understanding.

That saddens my heart to hear you say that Norman. Have you ever heard Joni Eareckson Tada speak? She has been in a wheelchair for over 30 years as a quadraplegic and God has molded her spirit FAR beyond any of the faith teachers I have heard. She has her hope set on the next life not the here and now, which is the proper mindset.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What miracles? Healings? If the gift of healing that the Apostles had still exists then how come these people aren't down at the mortuary giving people back their loved ones who have departed?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i see them all the time, been involved myself, gone to the hospital when a person was on life support, with multiple nurses assigned to them, the family wanted to pull the plug we prayed 2 years later he is still alive and well, his doctors do not know why, many many more too. a major obsticle we have to overcome is the fact that the church has told them God wants you sick, he did it so you could suffer and be humble,

I'm not talking about people being miraculously healed in that way Norman. I believe God heals all the time for His own soverign purpose, He just doesn't raise the dead anymore through men which was one of the things the Apostles did! That is true what you said about God not wanting us to be sick, but He does allow it because he is soverign and has a purpose for it.

God Bless

Upvote 0
Loving? I prefer to call it the blunt truth put in an unlovely manner.

IIRC, Jesus only told the Pharisees that they were going to hell.

As for the others, he only inferred the outcome; which they guessed anyhow.

Originally posted by Apologist

Do you really believe that Norman? What Fred Price said is absolute nonsense! Telling someone they are going to go to hell without Christ is NOT sarcastic my friend, it is loving!

God Bless

Upvote 0
apologist this is what brought in healing.
They pretty much all teach the same heresy. They are leading the flock into the gates of hell with the promise of money and power. by solo66man page 1 this thread
so now we are discussing "the power" , we will get to the money part when we finish with this. also your post i believe page 2
What miracles? Healings? If the gift of healing that the Apostles had still exists then how come these people aren't down at the mortuary giving people back their loved ones who have departed?
i am not trying to be rude but i do not want opinions i want the Word, show me in the word were it says that the gifts of the Holy Spirit ceased with the apostels, and we can not operate in them. you already claimed you possesed 1 of them, in one of your prior post you said you had Discernment, was that the gift of discernment? in 1 corinthians 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
if you claim spiritual gift of concernment then the rest should also be in operation, or was your discernment just your personal opinion?
Oh really? Have you read 2 Corinthians 12:7-10?
Pauls thorn was not a sickness, i go into great (Biblical) detail on this on my web site, if you'd like i will ctrl c+p it here, but it would be much easier for the thread if you just click this link
click here for pauls thorn it will open a new window, click the pauls thorn link and read it, then click the little x and you will be right back here. Pauls thorn being a sickness is pure speculation, on peoples part.
if you have multiple translations PLEASE read it in whymouths, new international, and also amplified Bible. Please be a "beran".
now please present your scripture.
Well, he did include the fact that we are made righteous by the blood of Jesus. But even including that, he has no idea of how holy God is. That is the only "excuse" I can come up with.he was denigrating the teaching that we need to be humble to the presence of God. He sasid we should be humble and meek like
God but that now we are seen as righteous by God, we sohould not humble ourselve to God.
the person was probably refering to this scripture.
hebrews 4:
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
or this verse james 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
God does not want us comming to him with our tail between our legs, he wants us to come before him with our petitions, knowing what his will for us is, and requesting in faith. Now if we are comming for salvation or we fell back into sin, then i would recommend getting the tail between your legs, but at the same time he wants you comming to him knowing that he is able and just to get the spots off of you. and that he will give you a bath.
show me any earthly child going to his natural father, being totally terrified of him and i will show you an abused child
on pay day when i get through the door my son is the first one there with his hand out, he already knows it is time for his allowence, he comes to me expecting, usually i give him a double portion, just to see him smile. and guess what i already know he did not do any chores to earn it, i gust love him so much i want to bless him. :D matthew 7:11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

ps, yes we are in revivle at work, a couple of baptist, one faith guy, and one ex vinyard guy and a new- bee, our work lunch room is now the church meeting and we all get along, the new be is on fire, he wants me to teach him how to win souls, i just love them young folks, being around them has a tendacy to rub off. and our topics started with threads like these. btw my boss is baptist, was telling us about when he was a young lad , he had some terrible skin disease all over him, his grandmother brought in a faith preacher, who prayed for him, the next morning when he got up, the stuff was all over his sheet and his body was healed, Thank God for grandmothers,and Gods healing power. she did not let any denominational barriers stand in the way of her love for her grandson. or her faith in God!

Upvote 0
To my shame I haven't led anyone to the Lord in our church. Our attendance has been dwindling for years and we are trying to rebuild the attendance back up again. What relevance does that have to this discussion?
i do not want to sound harsh here but i want to bring up something extremly important here to everyone especially those of you believing i am heretic and going to hell,
don't whine about our numbers, if you are gonna just keep your pews warm. because to tell you the truth i believe your grievence really is the numbers. not the doctrin.
Now let me give you some reality, if i am going to hell as you believe, the new bee comes with me, i claim him, you know why, none of the Baptist at work invited him to church, he even made the comment to me one day in private, of everybody here you seem like the most respectable, guess what when i teach him to soul win we multiply. so if he goes to hell it is your fault. don't blame me, you weren't out there to tell him the truth.
This is your wake up call not critisism. but fear not i shall not go to hell nor shall he, it is time for all of us to put the tails between the legs get before the throne and ask God for forgivness for not doing what we should and then just shut up and march, a pastor said that "shut up and march" from a charsmatic pupit one time talk about Holy Laughter, we were really rolling. but it is the truth. ;)

Upvote 0
see you in heaven baptist, i'm through, time to pound the pavment, spent too much time on these post already time to finish a web site and get it to the top of the search engines and get out there and march and win some souls.
Good bye and God Bless (spoken from the mouth)
see ya on the other side bring some fruit, to put at the feet of Jesus.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Even if Paul's "thorn" was not a sickness, you forget Timothy's problem. Paul told him to mix some wine with his water to help cure it.

If healing comes so easily, why would Paul have bothered giving such advice. Perhaps he could have sent him an article of his clothing as other apostles had done, and he would be healed.

I do believe that the power of healing still exists. But remember that despite the best prayers, healing does not occur always.

This is going OT. Would you like to start a new thread?

Cheers,

YM

apologist this is what brought in healing.
Pauls thorn was not a sickness, i go into great (Biblical) detail on this on my web site, if you'd like i will ctrl c+p it here, but it would

Upvote 0
If healing comes so easily, why would Paul have bothered giving such advice. Perhaps he could have sent him an article of his clothing as other apostles had done, and he would be healed.
healing does not come easy, it requires extreme faith,faith from the heart (spirit), it is not easy to get to that level, it requires going against everything our minds would have us to believe, it goes against the natural. i have prayed for people, knowing from the heart i was doing acording to the will of God, my mind might say "now you did it, everyone is going to think you are stark raving mad, especially if it does not come to pass," then my spirit has to say shut up mind this is according to God, get in line with the word, even if everyone ridicules me i'm obeying God.
that is what really upsets me about those claiming we are of the new thought group. faith has nothing to do with the mind (other than you hear the word) it must drop from your mind into your spirit, and you must believe it from the heart, that includes salvation. Romans 10:9+10, when a person trully believes it from the heart then, the actions will line up, then is when you can see the results, that is when a Christian starts behaving more like Jesus, and starts lining up with the works found in the book of James, and then the world sees the end result.
paul probably told timothy to drink alittle wine cause he knew timothy was wearing himself out physically from his Labors for the Lord, Paul could have been physically beat down at the time himself, he probably knew timothy was not in dire need, he was just tired. i know been there myself, been so physically beat down i literaly thought my heart would explode within me, but i pressed on, and completed the task before me, moved that mountain. if some of our brothers would get the fire and pitch in some of us wouldn't have to labor so hard. ie my 1st sidewalk Bible school truck i built, i had invited a brother and his new bride to reside with us for a rather lenghtly time, the first one i built was for a church, in florida, now this brother did not attend my church he went to a diffrent church, so i labor for about a month building this mobil church, i have a deadline, and i know people are dying all around me and going to hell, this is not easy manual labor, and i am not 21 any more. my brother keeps himself in his room watching his religious tapes and won't come out to help cause it is not for his church, and this church is being constructed about 6 foot away from his room i provided for him, Thats ok job completed, thousands have been saved from the stage of this truck many baptized, it still evangelizes today that one was maybe 5 years or so ago. that was truck 1, truck 2 same old same old, just a diffrent brother. truck 2 was the one i sent out letters to churches offering them the use of it absolutley free, guess i just didn;t go to there church so they didn't want to use it, either that or they don't care about the lost all around them, i would like to think it was the first and not the latter. i do know what it is like to physically wear yourself down working for the Lord, never took no whine for it though, name a ministry i have probably been there, and then i got all these religious people who for the most part don't even attend a church telling me i am going to hell. :D
and healing is not easy i have had to fight for weeks sometimes just for myself, but i pressed through.
i even had one woman die on me, she was a baptist, co worker of mine, always wore a back brace, i tell him henry God can heal that back, he always avoid it, would'nt let me pray for him, he tells me one day about this elderly baptist woman dying of cancer, i ask him to ask the family if i can come to the hospital and pray for her, they agree, these people are some nice people this woman is elderly she loved the Lord all her life i am sure, proof is in her children they all loved the Lord, so i tell the children what my intentions are, we are all going to lay hands on her just as the Bible says to do and pray, as we do you can feel the annointing flowing they all experienced it thereselves. the woman tells her daughter she wants to go home (heaven), no faith can go against a persons will we have a choice, she did run her race she wanted to go see Jesus. God bless her She is in the Lords presence right now, if i was her age and saw all my children were loving the Lord as much as she did, i'd leave too.
anyhow back to the baptist co worker with the bad back, one day we were at work, the air was getting real fowell, the people in there were down right possesed, he looked at me i looked at him, we slipped out back prayed and told them demons to get out of our wok place in Jesus name, walked back in they were gone, total diffrent enviroment. then i look at henry and ask him if he is ready to loose that bad back he said sure, laid hands on him prayed and he lost it no more back brace, now Christmas is getting ready to roll around i spend about a week praying for the salvation of my co workers, hard prayer. it is time. i let Henry know i am going to spoil there Christmas party, the boss gives me permission to speak, everybody except one person gets saved. Henry knew it was the Holy Ghost, he couldn't believe how well the message came through, so many prayed i couldn't seperate the voices, i ask God that night did the boss receive you? next day boss comes to me and tells me he really liked what i did and he prayed too, guess what his alchool problem fell off of him. bad devil.
anyhow if i do go to hell you guys make sure you pray for me cause i got one devil ticked off at me big time, if Jesus was not protecting me right now i would surley be dead meat. but fear not i shall not go there, the Bible promised me i wouldn't and i do know the Lord personally, sometimes when i really need it and pray through he even talks to me, has even called me by my name. it is He
what is ot? off topic?
and btw i have prayed for someone with cancer and they were healed by God.

Upvote 0

Apologist

Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
i am not trying to be rude but i do not want opinions i want the Word, show me in the word were it says that the gifts of the Holy Spirit ceased with the apostels, and we can not operate in them. you already claimed you possesed 1 of them, in one of your prior post you said you had Discernment, was that the gift of discernment? in 1 corinthians 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
if you claim spiritual gift of concernment then the rest should also be in operation, or was your discernment just your personal opinion?

Norman,

I believe that the sensational gifts such as healing through men was a gift given to the Apostles and those closest to them to verify that they were indeed the chosen 12 by Christ. Also note that the Apostles had the ability to raise the dead as part of their healing ministry, but there hasn't been one single person raised from the dead since then. If the same gift given to the Apostles still exists then why can't we raise the dead? The reason why is because that gift had a purpose in God's plan of the church but has been phased out because it is no longer needed when we have the written word. Can I prove that from scripture? No, but I think it can be logically deduced from what I said. In regards to the gift of discernment on my part, I don't think I have a supernatural gift of discernment as described in 1 Corinthians, I think it is more a discernment because of knowledge of the truth. I would also like to say that I in no way implied that you or anyone else in the WOF movement is going to hell. I have no way of knowing you or anyone else's heart, that is the Holy Spirit's providence alone, not ours.

God Bless

Upvote 0

Apologist

Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Yauming
Loving? I prefer to call it the blunt truth put in an unlovely manner.

IIRC, Jesus only told the Pharisees that they were going to hell.

As for the others, he only inferred the outcome; which they guessed anyhow.

Let me reiterate that statement for clarity Yauming.
I meant it is out of love that we tell someone that without Christ they will go to hell when they die. I don't believe in saying that to them in an outright manner as was implied.

God Bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I praise God for that.

You are right, healing does not come easy, and requires faith. As Jesus said, faith as small as a mustard seed will move mountains.

But are you actually saying that whenever you pray in God's name for healing, the power of God's healing will come? And the person who had cancer, or who died, will be completely healthy again?

If so, Praise God for that, we need more people of faith like you!

God bless,

YM

healing does not come easy, it requires extreme faith,faith from the heart (spirit), it is not easy to get to that level, it requires going against everything our minds would have us to ......
and btw i have prayed for someone with cancer and they were healed by God.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply.

I am glad we had that settled out.

God bless you too!

YM

Originally posted by Apologist

Let me reiterate that statement for clarity Yauming.
I meant it is out of love that we tell someone that without Christ they will go to hell when they die. I don't believe in saying that to them in an outright manner as was implied.

God Bless

Upvote 0
I believe that the sensational gifts such as healing through men was a gift given to the Apostles and those closest to them to verify that they were indeed the chosen 12 by Christ. Also note that the Apostles had the ability to raise the dead as part of their healing ministry, but there hasn't been one single person raised from the dead since then. If the same gift given to the Apostles still exists then why can't we raise the dead? The reason why is because that gift had a purpose in God's plan of the church but has been phased out because it is no longer needed when we have the written word. Can I prove that from scripture? No, but I think it can be logically deduced from what I said.
here is the scripture verse where the church came up with that thought ie" the bible is that which is perfect"1 cor 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
these verses refer to when we shal see Jesus "face to face"
we won't need the gifts then, the race is run, it is over.
the Bible is perfect but our interpintation of it is not always perfect, also the more we read the more we get from it.
also big important point here on that thought. we the church did not have the Bible for many, many years, untill the reformation, the catholic church hide it from us, William Tyndale and others gave it back to us, in these latter times. now we are learning and growing from studying it. but we still see through that glass darkly, we have so much more to learn and will only know it when Jesus reveals it to us in person face to face. and as the Holy Spirit reaveals truth to us as we diligently seek truth in the Word.
here is scripture evidence against the gifts ceasing with the Bible comming out.
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
acts 2:14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

we are still in the last days it started with the death burial and resurection of Jesus, he went away so that he could send the Holy Spirit. the day of pentecost. the last days = the age of grace
the rest of the verses in acts 2:19 And I will show wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
verses 19 and 20 are still to come, we are still in the day of pentecost, the church just lost it for the most part. for proof of that let us go back to the 2 accounts of the acension and the great commision. notice Jesus said he is with us always, he told the apostles to teach the church to observe (do, not to loose) all things he told them to do. put them together to get a clearer understanding of what was said.
matt 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
THESE 2 SETS OF SCRIPTURE ARE THE SAME ADVENT!!!!!!!
mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

it is the Lord that confirms, our preaching words, of the gospel.
this is one observation i have made, the soul winners carry alot of the annointing, or getting the word confirmed, why, because it says so, preach the Gospel and Jesus will confirm it with signs fowlling, he verifies that it is the truth. if the soul winners do not believe in it they can not act in faith upon it.
i have heard the dead do get raised up, i would believe that falls to those with the gift of miracles, maybe if it is Gods will that the Holy Spirit cause me to operate in miracles i shall. i am not afraid you got a dead loved one do not remove the blood, give me time to pray and fast and hear from Jesus then give me a plane ticket, i shall pray, all unbelievers have to exit the room first though. i truly believe in the power of God and his Word.

Upvote 0
But are you actually saying that whenever you pray in God's name for healing, the power of God's healing will come? And the person who had cancer, or who died, will be completely healthy again?
yes though i believe raising the dead falls under miracles, not healing. God's power is there, if it does not come to pass somewhere somehow we failed or the receipent failed. Gods power was there to heal the people in Jesus's home town but they canceled it out because of their unbelief, it can be cancelled because a person does not want it, alot of things will null and void prayer, to find out what we must study the bible every where it happened. i studied every instance of healing that i know of in the Bible, atleast the ones Jesus did, read the parrallels etc etc. looked at the greek.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by blackhaw6
solo66 man,

Yes! Kenneth Copeland, Robert Tilden, Fred price and Creflo Dollar are all false prophets.

Remember one of the greatest false prophets of our time -- Oral Roberts, who has the audacity to say things and end with "The Prophet Has Spoken!"

15 years or so ago, he held his congregation hostage with the claim that if his followers did not raise so many millions of dollars by such and such a date, God would kill him.

Well they came close but they missed the goal; "Prophet" Roberts is still alive, so did God change His mind or what?

How would you like to face Jesus on Judgement Day knowing that you had pulled such a deception in His name?

Now having said that, these folks are still Christian brothers in need of prayer and God's saving Grace.

And if some aren't Christians (and God alone knows that), we need to pray that they become such.

Maranatha,

Craig :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Yes Norman, God's power is there. But it is not some kind of Geni in the bottle where we can turn it on and off at our disposal. What if God does not want to heal?

No healing due to unbelief? Of course! If someone does not believe in healing or Jesus- why would that person seek for it in the first place?

But I get a little worried if the healer turns to the sick person and says if you didn't get healed you obviously have hidden sin or poor faith in your life. That might be so. But let us not be do rash judgements. There are cases like in Job where God permitted the illness. Sorry for my side-track....!

Like you I have read the Bible. And I know of perhaps only two cases where healing did not occur. The rest of the time it occured though. I do pray that more healing will occur. And that we see more instances of the healing as seen in the times of Jesus and the Apostles.

Can you explain a little more about the situation - the person that was healed of cancer by your prayers? How many sick people have you prayed for?

God bless,

YM

yes though i believe raising the dead falls under miracles, not healing. God's power is there, if it does not come to pass somewhere somehow we failed or the receipent failed. Gods power was there to heal the people in Jesus's home town but they canceled it out because of their unbelief, it can be cancelled because a person does not want it, alot of things will null and void prayer, to find out what we must study the bible every where it happened. i studied every instance of healing that i know of in the Bible, atleast the ones Jesus did, read the parrallels etc etc. looked at the greek.

Upvote 0
Well they came close but they missed the goal; "Prophet" Roberts is still alive, so did God change His mind or what?
there are quite a few instances in the Bible where God has been willing to change his course of action towards his creation. ie if there were enough righteous people in sodom and gammorah he would not destroy the cities and its inhabitants. if a person receives Jesus they do not go to hell. perhaps "brother" roberts received mercy and Gods favor???
What if God does not want to heal?
That is the 10 million dollar question!!! I would ask why would he not want to heal, when all scripture evidence points to the fact that he does want to heal. therfore i would conclude that it is his will for us to be healed.
Can you explain a little more about the situation - the person that was healed of cancer by your prayers? How many sick people have you prayed for?
he was a co worker of mine, a few years older than myself a catholic, i like catholics used to be one myself they have no problem believing in miracles, we used to spend our lunch breaks together, talking about Jesus and that God is able to heal him, he did receive Jesus as his savior during the lunch breaks, we prayed over his cancer. he was a snow bird so went home in the summer, several years later my brother in law worked with one of his grown sons, my brother in law who receievd Jesus also, became a Jesus freak :cool: , so naturally he wants to bring Jesus to work too. they start talking about me, the mans son tells him that his father was completly healed of his cancer and the family knows it was God who healed him cause the doctors don't know why. that he has respect for me, even though everyone else in the industry just thinks of me as a crazy Jesus freak. :eek:
now i am not exactly sure if i operate under the "gifts of healing" or if healing occurs because of mark 16:15-20, i believe it could be both. some observations i have made of the body of Christ.
1) we spend too much time kicking brothers when they are down, we do not try and uplift them. we are like that secular song "dirty laundry" everybody loves dirty laundry, kick them when they are up, kick them when they are down.
2) the gifts are susposed to operate within each assembly of the body, yet church leaders do not permit those with the individule gifts to use them within the assembly. the Gifts are giving by God to edify the assembly. perhaps that is why we see so little of the healings etc. etc happening under the roof of the building where we assemble. yea perhaps from time to time a leader will call in an outside person with the gifts to use them which is fine, i cannot understand why we as a body can not see the fact that each administration of the gifts, should be within our midst.

Upvote 0
probably one of the most annointed men i have ever met in person in my entire life is "brother Marion Arnsdorff", his Gift soul winning and teaching the body how to soul win. Which is by the way Church the higest calling and our responabilty. He carries so much annointing he can share it with you, and still not run out. His message the church today urgently needs to hear.

Upvote 0
There are cases like in Job where God permitted the illness.
i like job, i believe it was the very first scriptures too be written, those poor people did not have the written word to read, we have the completed work. it is believed that jobs suffering occured for a brief time span within his entire life (i believe 9 months)? after job made the right confessions ch 42, God restored twice as much to job as what he originally had, and the book also shows that jobs afflictions were the result of captivity by the devil, not from God. chapter 42:10, it also shows that jobs friends had wrong counsel for job. God even said his wrath was kindled against them because they spoke the wrong things concerning God. ch 42:vs 7.

Upvote 0
i like job, i believe it was the very first scriptures too be written, those poor people did not have the written word to read, we have the completed work. it is believed that jobs suffering occured for a brief time span within his entire life (i believe 9 months)? after job made the right confessions ch 42 , God restored twice as much to job as what he originally had, and the book also shows that jobs afflictions were the result of captivity by the devil, not from God . chapter 42:10, it also shows that jobs friends had wrong counsel for job. God even said his wrath was kindled against them because they spoke the wrong things concerning God. ch 42:vs 7.

I agree that Job's friends had wrong counsel and the actual affliction of Job came from the Devil, but God allowed and permitted it. God is the one who mentions Job's name to satan initially and said that Satan moved Him [God] against Job without cause. This is no different than if someone came to me and wanted to do harm to another person, and I volunteered information as to their name, address, picture, etc. or knew someone was going to do something that could harm or kill innocent people and did nothing to stop it. I would have definitely allowed this act to take place, and been considered an accomplice or accessory to the act. It is also interesting that Job Chapter 42:11 says, "...and they consoled him and comforted him for all the adversity that the Lord had brought upon him

It wasn't anything magical about Job's confession, but his realization that God is sovereign and infinite. We as finite creatures cannot understand the infinite. God did restore to Job twice what he originally had. Praise God for that!

I like what D.R. McConnell said about Job:

The Bible plainly teaches that although Satan was the agent of Job’s trials, God was the ultimate source. God was the one who removed the “hedge” and who placed Job under Satan’s power. Satan could not have touched Job without God’s permission. God gives his permission in order to test Job’s faith and to answer Satan’s accusing question, “Does Job fear God for nothing?”…Job recognized that though the Lord is not the author of evil, he does frequently permit it in the lives of even the godliest of people…It is claimed that Job’s fear tore down the hedge that allowed Satan’s attacks. Nothing could be further from the truth. In Job 2:3, God states that he ruined Job “without cause.” There is nothing in the first two chapters of Job to indicate that he caused his own problems through fear or unbelief…Admittedly, the sufferings of Job caused him to question God. But his questions were not sin, and they were not the cause of his sufferings. .

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.