Visit site
✟1,875.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No, I haven't read it and I am a little disappointed that it is a novel and not more expositional in nature.

Maybe Hank is working on something else, I hope so, but I hope he is not trying to be politcally correct here.

I just feel disappointed when I thought it would be something else. That's all.

Upvote 0

RevKidd

Simple Mans Theologian
Dec 18, 2002
Visit site
✟9,180.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am reading it, and am a 3rd of the way through the book.. So far I have enjoyed it and I think that the approach, being fictional, is intresting... I think what Hank wants to convey is the fact that Revelation was written to the first century church and he is trying to convey how they would have interpreted the the letter from John etitled "Revelations"..

The fictional setting might make it a little easier to understand for those who might find a more exposited book harder to understand...

Hank is leaning to a partial preterist view... However Hank uses the term Exegetical Eschatology to define his beliefs and opinions...

Upvote 0
I

In Christ Forever

GW said:
Has anyone had a chance to read Hank Hanegraaff's new endtimes novel series The Last Disciple yet? Be sure to listen in to his broadcast.

Bible Answer Man Program
Topic: "The Last Disciple"
9/23/2004 and 9/24/2004
http://www.oneplace.com/Ministries/bible_answer_man
Why go to other books?? The bible is the best eschatlolgy book in the World!!!!The most interesting eschatology books to read are the books of Ezekiel and Revelation. Put those 2 together and you will have solved the greatest mystery of the bible, MYSTERY BABYLON/Harlot.:thumbsup: :bow:

reve 19:17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, "Come and gather together for the supper of the great God, 18 "that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all [people,] free and slave, both small and great." 19

Ezekiel 39:8 "Surely it is coming, and it shall be done," says the Lord GOD. "This [is] the day of which I have spoken. 13 "Indeed all the people of the land will be burying, and they will gain renown for it on the day that I am glorified," says the Lord GOD. 15 "The search party will pass through the land; and [when anyone] sees a man's bone, he shall set up a marker by it, till the buriers have buried it in the Valley of Hamon Gog. 17 " And as for you, son of man, thus says the Lord GOD, 'Speak to every sort of bird and to every beast of the field: "Assemble yourselves and come; Gather together from all sides to My sacrificial meal Which I am sacrificing for you, A great sacrificial meal on the mountains of Israel, That you may eat flesh and drink blood. 18 You shall eat the flesh of the mighty, Drink the blood of the princes of the earth, Of rams and lambs, Of goats and bulls, All of them fatlings of Bashan. . 21 " I will set My glory among the nations; all the nations shall see My judgment which I have executed, and My hand which I have laid on them.

Upvote 0

RevKidd

Simple Mans Theologian
Dec 18, 2002
Visit site
✟9,180.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In Christ Forever said:
Why go to other books?? The bible is the best eschatlolgy book in the World!!!!The most interesting eschatology books to read are the books of Ezekiel and Revelation. Put those 2 together and you will have solved the greatest mystery of the bible, MYSTERY BABYLON/Harlot.:thumbsup: :bow:

reve 19:17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, "Come and gather together for the supper of the great God, 18 "that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all [people,] free and slave, both small and great." 19

Ezekiel 39:8 "Surely it is coming, and it shall be done," says the Lord GOD. "This [is] the day of which I have spoken. 13 "Indeed all the people of the land will be burying, and they will gain renown for it on the day that I am glorified," says the Lord GOD. 15 "The search party will pass through the land; and [when anyone] sees a man's bone, he shall set up a marker by it, till the buriers have buried it in the Valley of Hamon Gog. 17 " And as for you, son of man, thus says the Lord GOD, 'Speak to every sort of bird and to every beast of the field: "Assemble yourselves and come; Gather together from all sides to My sacrificial meal Which I am sacrificing for you, A great sacrificial meal on the mountains of Israel, That you may eat flesh and drink blood. 18 You shall eat the flesh of the mighty, Drink the blood of the princes of the earth, Of rams and lambs, Of goats and bulls, All of them fatlings of Bashan. . 21 " I will set My glory among the nations; all the nations shall see My judgment which I have executed, and My hand which I have laid on them.
Why go to other books? Most of the other books out there teach and interpret all escahtological books in a dispensational mindset. Hank looks at all the prophecies from Daniel to Revelation and interprets them IMO with great hermeneutics and insight. Basically Hank is aksing the readers to consider whom the book of Revelation was written too.. Us, or the first century church..?

Upvote 0
I

In Christ Forever

RevKidd said:
Why go to other books? Most of the other books out there teach and interpret all escahtological books in a dispensational mindset. Hank looks at all the prophecies from Daniel to Revelation and interprets them IMO with great hermeneutics and insight. Basically Hank is aksing the readers to consider whom the book of Revelation was written too.. Us, or the first century church..?
So why not read the bible itself through the Holy Spirit and see what God reveals to you Himself? Revelation appears to be an end of an AGE, not the world. It appears it was mainly written to the first century church most of all. The Kingdom of God has been advancing ever since in my view.

As long as God's people are reading the bible constantly, then I don't have a problem with other books, but if other books are read more than the Bible, then there will always be interpretations using others writings.
But to each his own, but I find the bible is pretty much self explanatory and though I will never grasp it all in my lifetime, I read it daily as God does indeed reveal His True hidden meanings to those who pray to Him for wisdom and knowledge in His words. God bless.

18 Now some are puffed up, as though I were not coming to you. 19 But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord wills, and I will know, not the word of those who are puffed up, but the power. 20 For the kingdom of God [is] not in word but in power. 21 What do you want? Shall I come to you with a rod, or in love and a spirit of gentleness?

28 "Therefore, in the resurrection, whose wife of the seven will she be? For they all had her." 29 Jesus answered and said to them, "You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God.

38 "But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe. 39 "You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. 40 "But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

4 For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope. 5 Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus,

Upvote 0
I

In Christ Forever

RevKidd said:
Ok. I may take a look at it. I would be very surprised to find a book or writing that doesn't apply to revelation as historically written to the people of that age.
I view it as the destruction of Jerusalem myself in the first century so I am curious to see how he looks at it. Thanks for the info. God bless.

4th the tribe of Judah [leah] 8 "Judah, you [are he] whom your brothers shall praise; Your hand [shall be] on the neck of your enemies; Your father's children shall bow down before you. 9 Judah [is] a lion's whelp; From the prey, my son, you have gone up. He bows down, he lies down as a lion; And as a lion, who shall rouse him? 10 The scepter shall not depart from Judah, Nor a lawgiver from between his feet, Until Shiloh comes; And to Him [shall be] the obedience of the people. 11 Binding his donkey to the vine, And his donkey's colt to the choice vine, He washed his garments in wine, And his clothes in the blood of grapes. 12 His eyes [are] darker than wine, And his teeth whiter than milk.
11th the tribe of Joseph [rachel] 22 "Joseph [is] a fruitful bough, A fruitful bough by a well; His branches run over the wall. 23 The archers have bitterly grieved him, Shot [at him] and hated him. 24 But his bow remained in strength, And the arms of his hands were made strong By the hands of the Mighty [God] of Jacob (From there [is] the Shepherd, the Stone of Israel), 25 By the God of your father who will help you, And by the Almighty who will bless you [With] blessings of heaven above, Blessings of the deep that lies beneath, Blessings of the breasts and of the womb. 26 The blessings of your father Have excelled the blessings of my ancestors, Up to the utmost bound of the everlasting hills. They shall be on the head of Joseph, And on the crown of the head of him who was separate from his brothers.

2nd
the tribe of Simeon [leah]5 "Simeon and Levi [are] brothers; Instruments of cruelty [are in] their dwelling place. 6 Let not my soul enter their council; Let not my honor be united to their assembly; For in their anger they slew a man, And in their self-will they hamstrung an ox. 7 Cursed [be] their anger, for [it is] fierce; And their wrath, for it is cruel! I will divide them in Jacob And scatter them in Israel.

Upvote 0

RevKidd

Simple Mans Theologian
Dec 18, 2002
Visit site
✟9,180.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In Christ Forever said:
Ok. I may take a look at it. I would be very surprised to find a book or writing that doesn't apply to revelation as historically written to the people of that age.
I view it as the destruction of Jerusalem myself in the first century so I am curious to see how he looks at it. Thanks for the info. God bless.
This book does teach that... Remember however that this book is fictional so he is basically taking a "Left Behind" approach to delivering his message..

I wish that he would have just wrote a book on the topic instead of milking money like Lahaye & Jenkins did. Hopefully it won't be as long as a series of Left Behind (which by the way I haven't read yet).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I

In Christ Forever

RevKidd said:
This book does teach that... Remember however that this book is fictional so he is basically taking a "Left Behind" approach to delivering his message..

I wish that he would have just wrote a book on the topic instead of milking money like Lahaye & Jenkins did. Hopefully it won't be as long as a series of Left Behind (which by the way I haven't read yet).
I never read them either. You can always tell the ones who have though, they use those books to try a prove their false "up up and away rapture" hoax intstead of God's book. But to each his own in Christ.
I have done my own study on revelation and it is indeed the destruction of Jerusalem, no doubt about it. It will take me about 4 months to get is all together using most of the bible with it to confirm it. Wish me luck. [I won't be selling it, but freely giving my commentary away]:preach: God bless.

matt 23:35 "that ON YOU may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 "Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. 37 " O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under [her] wings, but you were not willing! 38 "See! Your house is left to you desolate;

,revel 18:16 "and saying, 'Alas, alas, that great city that was clothed in fine linen, purple, and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls! 17 'For in one hour such great riches came to nothing.' ....23 "The light of a lamp shall not shine in you anymore, and the voice of bridegroom and bride shall not be heard in you anymore. For your merchants were the great men of the earth, for by your sorcery all the nations were deceived. 24 "And in her was found the blood of prophets and saints, and of all who were slain on the earth."

Upvote 0
I

In Christ Forever

RevKidd said:

I never read them either. You can always tell the ones who have though.
I have done my own study on revelation and it is indeed the destruction of Jerusalem, no doubt about it. It will take me about 4 months to get is all together using most of the bible with it to confirm it. Wish me luck. [I won't be selling my "work", but freely giving my commentary away]:preach: God bless.

matt 23:35 "that ON YOU may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 "Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. 37 " O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under [her] wings, but you were not willing! 38 "See! Your house is left to you desolate;

,revel 18:16 "and saying, 'Alas, alas, that great city that was clothed in fine linen, purple, and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls! 17 'For in one hour such great riches came to nothing.' ....23 "The light of a lamp shall not shine in you anymore, and the voice of bridegroom and bride shall not be heard in you anymore. For your merchants were the great men of the earth, for by your sorcery all the nations were deceived. 24 "And in her was found the blood of prophets and saints, and of all who were slain on the earth."

Upvote 0

RevKidd

Simple Mans Theologian
Dec 18, 2002
Visit site
✟9,180.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I used to be on the "Left Behind" dispensational side... Then I learned what dispensationalism is and that the whole belief of the Rapture and tribulation and all that was rooted in dispensationalism...

I think that there are alot of people out their that will argue against Dispensationalism tooth and nail but then cling to the a dispensational eschatology... I don't understand that.

Upvote 0
I

In Christ Forever

RevKidd said:
I used to be on the "Left Behind" dispensational side... Then I learned what dispensationalism is and that the whole belief of the Rapture and tribulation and all that was rooted in dispensationalism...

I think that there are alot of people out their that will argue against Dispensationalism tooth and nail but then cling to the a dispensational eschatology... I don't understand that.
Nope. Many are leaving that doctrine, but it is like a spider web, once you get into it, it is hard to escape. Many christians convert to Judaism because of this belief [I have witnessed this persnally].

This is an excellent site on the many facets of dispensationalism and how it takes people years to escape the net of this doctrine and get back to the True biblical readings of the bible in the Spirit.
I beileve the bible is mostly fulfilled because of how I viewed revelation, but the second time I read the bible through myself last year, I felt God had fulfilled most everything.
God bless.:preach:
http://www.graceonlinelibrary.org/full.asp?ID=653

isaiah 28:14 Therefore hear the word of the LORD, you scornful men, Who rule this people who [are] in Jerusalem, 15 Because you have said, "We have made a covenant with Death, And with Hades we are in agreement. When the overflowing scourge passes through, It will not come to us, For we have made lies our refuge, And under falsehood we have hidden ourselves." 16 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, I lay in Zion a stone for a foundation,17 Also I will make justice the measuring line, And righteousness the plummet; The hail will sweep away the refuge of lies, And the waters will overflow the hiding place. 18 Your covenant with death will be annulled, And your agreement with Sheol will not stand; When the overflowing scourge passes through, Then you will be trampled down by it.

reve 20:14 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
RevKidd said:

What do you think dispensationism is?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I

In Christ Forever

I think that there are alot of people out their that will argue against Dispensationalism tooth and nail but then cling to the a dispensational eschatology... I don't understand that

FreeinChrist said:
What do you think dispensationism is?
Depends on whether you believe God accomplished His promises to the world with the CROSS and Pentecost. I just recommend the poster just read through the bible himself just one time without other books or prophecy books and see how His spirit interprets it. God bless.

http://www.graceonlinelibrary.org/full.asp?ID=653

"Dispensationalism has a pervasive influence not only extensively, but also intensively. It is usually the case that those who embrace its teachings as a system are affected in almost every area of their theological thinking. So pervasive is its effect on those who have become its pupils, that even those who have come to see the error of its basic presuppositions testify that dispensational cobwebs have remained in their thinking for a long time after the initial sweeping took place. My own experience bears witness to the truth of what I say. "

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.