Hamas in Hebrew means violence. (Interesting article I ran across).

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I thought some of you would be interested in reading it as well.
————————

HAMAS -- is a word that is familiar to people who keep up on the news about current events in Israel. Of all the anti-Israel Muslim terrorist organizations, Hamas is one of the most violent. The Hebrew word hamas, in fact, means violence. According to the Gesenius Hebrew lexicon, the Arabic cognate of the Hebrew word hamas means warlike valour (noun form) or to be active, brave, constant (verb form). I do not know Arabic, but I assume that this Arabic cognate of the Hebrew hamas is the word used by the terrorist group Hamas.

I knew that the Hebrew word hamas meant violence before all the recent anti-Israel terrorism. What I did not know was how many times the word hamas appears in the Hebrew Bible, and what the Bible says about the fate of those who carry out hamas/violence against the people of Israel. I recently read through The Twelve Prophets (Hosea through Malachi) in Hebrew, and I was surprised how often I kept running across the word hamas. This piqued my curiosity enough to do a study to find out more about hamas in the Scriptures. I looked at every passage where the word hamas appears (68 times, if my count is accurate). In view of what the Bible says about hamas, I would not want to be in the shoes of a Hamas terrorist.

Before I share some of the things the Bible says about hamas, let me first state that I am not anti-Arab. I am strongly opposed to the use of terrorism by any group, Arabic or non-Arabic, but I have no prejudice against Arabic people as an ethnic group. The fact that they are physical descendants of our Father Abraham also made it easier for me to relate to them. I also felt a kinship because their culture has preserved some of the ancient Mid-East customs that were practiced in Biblical times, and I could relate to those customs.

There are many elements in the Arabic culture that I love and admire, but Hamas is not one of them. My prayer for these children of Abraham is that they be delivered from the spirit of Islam which leads them to commit acts of hamas/violence against the children of Israel. According to the Bible, those who practice hamas/violence against the children of Israel will bring the fierce wrath of God down upon themselves.

The first place the word hamas appears in the BIble is in Genesis 6:11 & 13. The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence (hamas) ... And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence (hamas) through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Here in the early chapters of the very first book of the Bible, God makes it clear that the fate of those who practice hamas is destruction. It was hamas that brought the Flood of God s judgment on the earth. Right now Israel is filled with Hamas. It is possible that the entire earth may once again become filled with hamas by the terrorism of Hamas, bringing down world-wide destruction before the Messianic age.

Continued below.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The kingdom of heaven suffers Hamas and Hamas take it by force … Jesus is pointing to Zionist as Hamas

Thus the scriptures testify against them such as Leviticus 19:33 The stranger who dwells among you shall be to you as one born among you, and you shall love him as yourself; for you were strangers in the land of Egypt:

Notice God said they were once strangers in the land of Egypt and are aware of the persecution of the Egyptians ?

When Israelites entered Palestine as strangers in 1948 this was the will of God for them to live in peace..not to create a state and make it their own by violence

Upvote 0

LovesOurLord

Jun 19, 2018
Denver
✟15,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
When Israelites entered Palestine as strangers in 1948 this was the will of God for them to live in peace..not to create a state and make it their own by violence

Rabbinic Judaism is not the religion of the ancient Hebrews. That was abolished when the Temple was destroyed in 70 AD. I've done some research into rabbinic Judaism and it draws much, as Christ said, from the traditions of men - specifically the Talmud and to a lesser degree, Zohar which is what Kabbalah (Jewish mysticism) is based on.

I had heard rumors the rabbis even changed Scripture itself, and indeed they have. The ancient scrolls remain, of course, but if you open a Jewish Chumash (Torah aka five books of Moses) open to Genesis 1:1, you'll see a footnote with an open admission that the translation of the verse was not based on the authoritative ancient scrolls, but rather rabbinic opinion, specifically two rabbis: Rashi and Ibn Ezra. The idea this religion is some continuous, preserved thing from per-Christian times to today is a myth in the Jewish faith that has no grounding in reality which a lot of people seem to have bought into. I was actually quite shocked to find this stuff out.

Upvote 0