Halloween..What Is The Big Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

catlover

A friend of mine was very upset when her granddaughter was born on October 31. She felt it would be very hard on the mother to raise her granddaughter in a Christian atmosphere. For the most part I have no issue with Halloween...to me if we are going split hair about pagan holidays we should refrain from celebrating Christmas.

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
HI Cat,
I'd say love casts out all fears and that she is creating a fear that isn't there. Thos mom should love her daughter. Love to celebrate her daughter's birthday and know that what she sets in apart in her heart to the Lord is sanctified.

dayhiker

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Although some will say otherwise, Halloween is a fun holiday for both children and adults--a cahnce to dress up, bob for apples and eat candy. Your friend shouldn't be upset.

You might want to remind her that October 31st is also Reformation Day. That might make her feel better about the day.

Upvote 0

Chie

A wise King finds happiness in acts of mercy
Aug 13, 2006
Texas
✟17,305.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A friend of mine was very upset when her granddaughter was born on October 31. She felt it would be very hard on the mother to raise her granddaughter in a Christian atmosphere. For the most part I have no issue with Halloween...to me if we are going split hair about pagan holidays we should refrain from celebrating Christmas.
Oct. 31 was a day long before man placed a meaning to it. As far as a child given on any day is a blessing from the Lord. People read so much more into things than are there, we are not in bondage to fear. When it comes right down to the heart of the matter , lets look at ones heart on the matter, motive and intentions out weigh appearance on many things.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.