Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I have a confession to make, I usually really look forward to this time of the year because this is when you start finding all the delicious pumpkin flavored stuff.

Pumpkin and chocolate chip cookies and iced pumpkin mochas. More of both please.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
I have a confession to make, I usually really look forward to this time of the year because this is when you start finding all the delicious pumpkin flavored stuff.

Pumpkin and chocolate chip cookies and iced pumpkin mochas. More of both please.

-CryptoLutheran

I bought some pumpkin flavor tortilla chips lately. But I prefer pumpkin seeds, myself.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I bought some pumpkin flavor tortilla chips lately. But I prefer pumpkin seeds, myself.

As a child I used to help my mom gut pumpkins before they were carved, the look of the fibrous, mushy pumpkin innards and the seeds and that smell really put me off from pumpkin things for a long time. I've come around to all the delicious pumpkin flavored things (or, let's be honest, pumpkin pie flavored things), but I still can't quite get myself to eat pumpkin seeds.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Now that sounds like an amazing holiday (and holy day) event.

Thanks, silvermoon! It's admittedly taken us a couple of years to get it down but it has become a nice tradition that I think will stick and be passed through the various locals who participate. :)

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
Lutheran church officials in Germany keep on bemoaning Halloween's clash with Reformation Day, appearing on radio stations each year around that time. To them, Halloween is basically a foreign invader poaching in their territory. But you'll find none of that "occult danger"-nonsense that's so popular in American evangelicalist circles. That particular kind of simplistic idiocy is strictly reserved for the lunatic fringe around here.

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lutheran church officials in Germany keep on bemoaning Halloween's clash with Reformation Day, appearing on radio stations each year around that time. To them, Halloween is basically a foreign invader poaching in their territory. But you'll find none of that "occult danger"-nonsense that's so popular in American evangelicalist circles. That particular kind of simplistic idiocy is strictly reserved for the lunatic fringe around here.

If you stop by our house Saturday night, I have some candy for you (Jelly Beans this year) and would like to invite you in for some tea or coffee.

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
If you stop by our house Saturday night, I have some candy for you (Jelly Beans this year) and would like to invite you in for some tea or coffee.
I'd gladly come, but I'm trapped on the other side of the Great Pond.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

I like jelly beans...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married

Oooo I love some Jelly beans. Can I have some?

Upvote 0
Apr 21, 2015
✟25,183.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I noticed you didn't extend me the invitation.

And I thought we were friends...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Reactions: seekingsolace
Upvote 0