Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, not necessarily the best thing, but certainly one of the safer things, mini chocolate bars.

I go through my son's loot and I throw out anything that is homemade or that could be unwrapped and rewrapped again (like candy in twist wrappers).

BTW, nobody reads tracts, and please no granola bars or other healthy snacks :p as that'd be missing the point.

Upvote 0

PastorMike

Newry Christian Centre
Oct 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟26,530.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
The best candy to give out is a kind that you do not really like a lot so you won't pig out and eat all of it yourself. (not speaking from experience or anything like that :o :sorry: )

lol... that is a good point... :wave:

Upvote 0

J4Jesus

MY HEART BELONGS TO JESUS
Oct 22, 2005
✟54,260.00
Faith
Word of Faith
We go out to eat. Catch a movie. Turn the porch light off. October 31 is just another day for me and my family, and one that we neither acknowledge nor celebrate.

:amen: ......neither acknowledge nor celebrate .... Good for you probinson ! :thumbsup:
Thats my point.:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JTM3

Senior Veteran
Dec 24, 2005
✟19,749.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Politics
US-Republican
Just read the Halloween thread posted by J4jesus and although i don`t won`t to turn any kids away who may come knocking at my door wondered as christians what is the best thing to hand out as a treat.

Oh good....it's only October 16...:sorry:

One of these days I want to build a mini RC helicopter thing and pelt prospective trickertreaters with some form of ammo :D :p

Probably illegal....would be cool though :p

Trickertreeters bug me.....

Upvote 0

glo1

Hier stehe ich. Ich kann nicht anders.
Sep 23, 2006
✟10,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I must say that I don't bother with Halloween.

Largely perhaps, because I grew up in Germany, where trick-and-treating just wasn't a tradition at that time.
The only special thing about it, was that it was the day before All-Saints-Day - and that was a holiday, so I didn't have to go to school!

glo

Upvote 0

glo1

Sep 23, 2006
✟10,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trickertreeters bug me.....
It has to be said that some elderly residents in our neighbourhood feel quite bothered by trick-and-treaters - especially when they (the elderly) have trouble getting to the door, and then find youngsters egging the windows or shouting abuse because nobody is answering the door ...

Luckily, it seems to be a general rule, followed by most kids, that if the house looks dark, then either people are not at home or don't want to participate in trick-and-treating.

glo

Upvote 0

glo1

Sep 23, 2006
✟10,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Won't be handing anything out... will be out scrounging all the neighbours candy...

Cheers,
|ZZ|
And judging by your CF character, you mean business!! LOL
Are you going to have some 'token children' with you - or are you going it all alone?

glo

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

he4rty

Just A Fool For Christ
Apr 28, 2006
Visit site
✟21,138.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I don`t participate in it either or let my kids go trick or treating, But in the same breath i couldn`t turn a kid away with nothing who knocks on my door, so i guess its back to the old appearing candy trick again.

P.S
I have turned a few away normally those who chance there arm and come round a day early.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.