✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cogent said:
This is a perfect summation of him, and every single other person like him for that matter.

Wrong.

The bible is written in many different forms of literature, and thus is meant to be interpreted as such. For example there is poetry, psalms, gospels and apocalyptic among others. Apocalyptic is a Jewish way of writing something that's loaded with symbolism--thus things like that are written as such are not meant to be taken literally.

We need to have the proper lens through which Scripture is to be interpreted, namely the Tradition from which Scripture was born.

I strongly believe that scripture was not written by tradition of men, but by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit .

Upvote 0

mog144

Jul 18, 2011
Atop Mount Zion "Heaven"
✟1,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
dear brethren, after reading some posts, I thought back to the '2002 Prophecy Seminar' that was shown on television, perhaps it was TBN who showed it, i can't recall. but if any one does, I wanted to ask if you recall what the one fellow said in his Prophecy statement, I think his last name is 'Money'? He's a young looking guy. I would like to know your opinion of him? and then you can continue, I ask a pardon for intruding if I have.
Hal was there too, btw

Blessings :)

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
the inspirition of the Spirit does not mean that human styles are overridden. To begin with, the Spirit decided to use the most widely used Greek. by doing that it went to 'high-speed i.net' in an age that was on 'voice telephone.' the Reformatino thinkers taught that letters overrule apocalyptic because they are ordinary language. The really strange thing today in the age of Lindsay and TBN is the % of CHristians who treat Rev as 'ordinary' language (it must be interp'd literally) and are really bad at reading the argument that concludes ROm 11 before the prayer. really bad.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Do you follow him or not? Just wondering, not sure if this is the right place to ask.

I don't listen to any bible prophecy teachers anymore on a regular basis. But Hal Lindsey gets credit for getting millions started in bible prophecy because of his book late great planet earth book - put things into a comprehensive package best seller to a broad market who until that time had no other comparable alternative.

Doug

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I strongly believe that scripture was not written by tradition of men, but by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit .

Yes the Holy Spirit guided the authors of Scripture, but who do you think compiled the biblical canon? The Church.

Upvote 0

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cogent said:
Yes the Holy Spirit guided the authors of Scripture, but who do you think compiled the biblical canon? The Church.

This is a discussion meant for a different forum, not the end times forum. We can agree to disagree on this point.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't listen to any bible prophecy teachers anymore on a regular basis. But Hal Lindsey gets credit for getting millions started in bible prophecy because of his book late great planet earth book - put things into a comprehensive package best seller to a broad market who until that time had no other comparable alternative.

Doug
Hal Lindsey is to be taken with a grain of salt. Basically we have many who have lost their focus becoming like "prophecy trekkies" because of his own imaginations.

Indeed all didn't lose focus...so there is good and bad in that. It certainly gave dispensationalism a boost.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums